• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rediculing hindu religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sir...I can understand.

1.Even before many years ago people of other religions have also asked me questions but these days I do not answer and change the topic right away.

2.Religion is one topic I only enjoy talking to a person whom I know has no hidden agenda and to a great extent many Hindus themselves try to modify Hinduism to make it sound acceptable to people of other religion.

3.Deep down inside most Hindus do not really know to answer any question cos very few take the trouble to get to know religion in the true sense..but the more we get to know religion..the more we realize there is nothing we can actually talk about in the real sense..so finally one has to remain silent.

4.Its not that Hinduism has no answers..its just that there is just no one question that has just one answer.
Its multidimensional and this at times can not be entirely grasped by people of other religion cos their mind is used to just a fixed way of Q and A which is Draconian and based on either heaven or hell in approach.

So I do not usually engage in conversations becos technically its a waste of time and energy.

A good one.

My thoughts:

2. I would discuss religion with anyone. If there is a hidden agenda all the more good. I get either my understanding of the religion proved doubtful/wrong or I get re-validation for my understanding. As I grew up I have traversed a road which had many stops. At one stop I might have been a left extremist fighting for the telugu construction workers subsisting in the make shift shacks(called zopda patties in the local lingo) in the shadows of Mumbai's multi-storied buildings. At that time the word 'god' did not have any meaning for me. But that was just a stop on the long road. And I evolved only because I talked and discussed with intelligent people from different walks of life. So I will not shut out knowledge if comes from sources which have a hidden agenda. The agenda is theirs. it can never become mine. LOL. "The hindu who may appear to have modified hinduism to make it sound acceptable to other religionists" can even be me. I do that because people speak freely only when you appear to be with them on the same page atleast partially. They feel encouraged to speak only then. That benefits me. I am not manipulating. I am just temporarily agreeing to a contrarien view so that the conversation can move further.

3. "most hindus"-may be true. But there Are people who really know what they know and talk about. Absolute silence in the face of questions or a Zen Budhdhist response with cryptic, confusing, densely meaningful koans are okay for Acharyas and Masters or Rshis and Yogis. Not for ordinary people. We have to probe, ask questions, get replies, express responses/views, ruminate, meditate and understand. Stonewalling is not okay for everyone.

4. That is an underestimation of other religionists. I am not talking here about the gospel preachers. There are brilliant people in other religions too who understand the situation well.

So Renukaji, try to speak freely next time when you come across some one with a view. You may reap a windfall. LOL.

Last edited:
So Renukaji, try to speak freely next time when you come across some one with a view. You may reap a windfall. LOL.

I do not want to reap cos I do not wish to sow.

Why would I need a windfall when all I need is to steady my mind near a water fall.

कदानिलिम्पनिर्झरीनिकुञ्जकोटरेवसन्
विमुक्तदुर्मतिःसदाशिरस्थमञ्जलिंवहन्

Kadaa Nilimpa-Nirjharii-Nikun.ja-Kottare Vasan
Vimukta-Durmatih Sadaa Shirastham-An.jalim Vahan

4. That is an underestimation of other religionists. I am not talking here about the gospel preachers. There are brilliant people in other religions too who understand the situation well.

Dear Vaagmi ji,

I think you are right..I forgot to include fellow Hindus too.

For example if I were to talk to a Vaishnava I can only hope to hear Narayana Narayana and nothing else.

Amen!LOL

I do not want to reap cos I do not wish to sow.
Why would I need a windfall when all I need is to steady my mind near a water fall.
कदानिलिम्पनिर्झरीनिकुञ्जकोटरेवसन्
विमुक्तदुर्मतिःसदाशिरस्थमञ्जलिंवहन्

Kadaa Nilimpa-Nirjharii-Nikun.ja-Kottare Vasan
Vimukta-Durmatih Sadaa Shirastham-An.jalim Vahan

That is okay.

One path takes you through the "steadying the mind" and "going deep within" country. Like a child going to school getting lost in a candy (panchu mittai) seller's processes on the way.

Another path takes you through acquiring knowledge, being happy with it and enjoying and using it in the fulfillment of a goal.

It is a conscious choice.

I would quote:

na dharma nishtOsmi, na chAthmavEdhi,
na bhaktimAn twchcharaNAravindE
akinchanO ananyagatissaraNya
twatpAda moolam saraNam prbhatyE.

Best wishes.

Dear Vaagmi ji,

I think you are right..I forgot to include fellow Hindus too.

For example if I were to talk to a Vaishnava I can only hope to hear Narayana Narayana and nothing else.

Amen!LOL

Siva siva, Narayana Narayana or whatever you are,

Please give this childlike friend of me the capacity to remain in the sAtvik state most of the time whenever she comes on line here. LOL.

Please give this childlike friend of me the capacity to remain in the sAtvik state most of the time whenever she comes on line here. LOL.

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Amen!

The last time anyone denied children entry into Vaikunta they were cursed to take 3 births as the Anti Heroes..so let children be children..Gunas can not affect a child.

Why does one need to be in a Sattvik state 24/7???? Sattva is yet a Guna.

Why be bound by a Guna?? Guna is nothing but a chain that binds..does it make a difference if one is bound by a gold chain or a silver chain?

A chain is only a chain..I've got to break free! God knows! God knows I've got to break free!

God said:

அடடா!! மறந்து போச்சே!! முன்னால வைக்கவேண்டிய தும்பிக்கையை பின்னாலவெச்சுட்டேனே!! நாராயணா! நாராயணா!! காப்பாத்துப்பா. தாங்கமுடியலியே.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back