• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Reciting 'Om Namah Shivaya' while doing Vaishnava aparadha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Jayashree,

When we were living in Visakhapatnam, we have visited Simhachalam temple often.

Except one day in a year, the main deity is covered
with sandal paste in Lingam shape.

simhachalam2.jpg

''It is one of the eighteen "Narasimha Kshetras" i.e. shrines of Lord Narasimha in India. The main deity inside the temple

sanctorum gives "nijaroopa darshan" (holy appearance in true form) for only 12 hours in a year i.e. on Akshaya Tritiya day,

the rest of the time the deity is covered with Sandalwood paste. The darshan described as 'Chandana yatra' or 'Chandanotsavam'

falls every year in Vaisakha masa.''

Please read more here:
Simhachala Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha Swami

Look at this temple with Maragatha Nataraja Probably the Biggest made out of Maragatham It is always in Santhana kappu except on the day of Arudra Darisanam

ஆரூதரா தரிசனத்தன்று மட்டுமே நடராஜரை மரகத கோலத்தில் தரிசிக்கமுடியும். மற்ற நாட்களில் சந்தனகாப்பு சார்த்தபட்டிருக்கும்.
DSC07263.JPG

Full details and Pictures in the link . I had been to the temple sevral times!

?????????????? ???? ??????? - ????? ??????? ?????? » ???????? ?????

Last edited:
Thank you for the info, Janaki ji!

According to Shiva puranas, Lord Vishnu emerged from the right side of Lord Shiva.

. As an OP, I think I'm free to declare I intended this thread for those simple folks who have not yet realized god but would love to sing his glory and the glory of his devotees.

Thanks.

I am all ears JR...you are doing great service to simple folks like me.

Lets sing in glory for the Lord to blow away the cloud of multitude of sins and Who protects the ignorant ..so beautifully described by Saint Thyagaraja....

pApa gaNAbhra samIraNa pAmara
pAlita pAvana nAma caNa

O Wind that blows away the clouds of multitudes of sins! O Protector of the ignorant! O Lord who is famous as having a holy name!

Last edited:
No comedy what-so-ever. :nono:

Please remember that this thread is in 'Religion forum' and not in 'Chit Chat'.

Oh is it? I thought the opening post itself was kind of funny, classifying crime as either Vaishnava aparadha or Shaiva aparadha. Crime is crime I thought.

Here is the song beautifully rendered by Prince Rama Varma:

SArasa nEthra

This song in Sankarabaranam is fine Dikshidhar was a master of this Ragam creating those Nottuswarams - a craze with young music learners & listerners!!

MUSIC WHEN IT HITS YOU, YOU FEEL NO PAIN: Muthuswamy Dikshitar's Nottuswarams

You can see everything about these Nottuswarams here. Click on the link you can hear those songs as well

For those who do not appreciate classical - this film songs is the best of Nottuswaram!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDBEDNyhbSc

Last edited:
<edited. Mocking me is fine. But mocking or posting silly comments about gods can be disrespectful/hurting other sentiments. Hence the linga post has been removed and this one.
You should also be aware the current political climate is like walking ticking time bomb. There are fringe elements everywhere always on the lookout for cheap publicity.
I rather would have 2 dissatisfied members than get this site shutdown because of a few irresponsible posts made by a member who thinks it is fun. - Praveen>

Last edited by a moderator:
<edited. Mocking me is fine. But mocking or posting silly comments about gods can be disrespectful/hurting other sentiments. Hence the linga post has been removed and this one.
You should also be aware the current political climate is like walking ticking time bomb. There are fringe elements everywhere always on the lookout for cheap publicity.
I rather would have 2 dissatisfied members than get this site shutdown because of a few irresponsible posts made by a member who thinks it is fun. - Praveen>

An author?s ache - The Hindu

[url]http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-literaryreview/politics-of-proscription/article6843526.ece

[/URL]

Rajini gets censored twice - His film Linga certified for U exhibition was censored again when a clippet was posted here!

To day another film Main Hoon Rajinikanth though certified by censor board for U exhibition is censored again by HC!

To protect Rajini's rights, HC blocks censor-certified film - The Times of India

Rajini gets censored twice - His film Linga certified for U exhibition was censored again when a clippet was posted here!

To day another film Main Hoon Rajinikanth though certified by censor board for U exhibition is censored again by HC!

To protect Rajini's rights, HC blocks censor-certified film - The Times of India

So Rajinikanth = the one here who gets a knock frequently from the Boss and gets painted red suo moto, never forgets it, keeps wailing about it again and again.

Jai ho Rajini.

So Rajinikanth = the one here who gets a knock frequently from the Boss and gets painted red suo moto, never forgets it, keeps wailing about it again and again.

Jai ho Rajini.

Jambulingams are parachuted into this thread and I honest belive it is for fun and no sin and hope the intention of the Paradropper is also the same! But when Rajini Linga appears it is no fun but sin and want to see it painted in Red What is happening to the mantra for salvation Om Namo Naryana only! Jai ho Rajani instead!

Ref Post 67

A humble piece of suggestion to JRji,

We have Gun-fight Kanchanas and Shotgun Shatrugans who never think before they shoot. They are usually in such a hurry that they misspell words as a rule. They do not even know what they are shooting. so be very careful not to get hurt.

There are Jambulingams here who think that their posts will be red-inked only if some one reports it by pressing the report button. They forget that Praveen, suo motu, can make their wisecracks disappear if he thinks they are harmful without waiting for any one to press any button. Poor things. I hear the sound naranara loudly - their dentures are depreciating fast. LOL.

Rajini is in limbo here! His lingo is bad again! He is in contravery always compulsively !! Even the story of Linga gets in to contravery. More than one claims the Right Goes for appeal in court!

You can see here in the two links - Two places claim for the same story! Where do you appeal?

The Legend is same in both the places! with slight variation - why Ravana Gives his Lingam to Vinayaka according to your acceptability - to do santhyavandanam or to anwere natures call!

Mahabaleshwar Temple, Gokarna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Baidyanath Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jai Ho Rajinikanth

I don't think our forum members are ardent Rajini fans! :nono:
Now, let us enjoy the sweet voice of Anuradha Paudwal and chant 'Om Namah Shiva' along with her. :pray2:

Om Namah Shiva

I will edit if you are offended as per your request I respect your right to to be offended ! One request please go through the new thread Stand up (For) Fun Go through the Video of NDTV There you will see the thinking of the modern times! You will see one Aaj ka Nari 20 years responding to fun where she opted for her right to be offended But responded the correct way a fitting Fun RAP! Fun is never created with an intention to offend I appreciate your sentiments & asking me to delete instead of pressing the button! But unfortunately you do not see my right to freedom of expression! Laughter is the best Medicine !

Dear Mrs. J J,

Thanks for the respect shown. :)

Mocking God's name is not fun in this forum, especially when the thread is in 'Religion' forum.

I know very well that laughter is the best medicine; hence I write kadi kavithaigaL in Literature forum.

But, I make sure that no offense to any religion / God / Goddesses is written - rather typed! :typing:

Foot notes for the readers: I requested Mrs. J J to edit her post and she obliged to that. :cool:

Dear Mrs. J J,

Thanks for the respect shown. :)

Mocking God's name is not fun in this forum, especially when the thread is in 'Religion' forum.

I know very well that laughter is the best medicine; hence I write kadi kavithaigaL in Literature forum.

But, I make sure that no offense to any religion / God / Goddesses is written - rather typed! :typing:

Foot notes for the readers: I requested Mrs. J J to edit her post and she obliged to that. :cool:

Kathukenna Waylee Kadalukku enna moodi !! Thinking can not have boundries or can not be confined to compartments as you feel! I have no rekha! If people are offened and brought to my knowldge I will repect those sentiments rectify that. I donot like the Dhanda - Censor! I will not be following thesee threads as I am away for 10 days on pilgrimage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back