• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"RAJU" has been Nominated for Oscar this year: Will he win tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear ALL:

Please go to oscar.go.com and see the trailer of "RAJU".

It is a Short Film (Live Action) from Germany!

I am hoping RAJU will win the Oscar in that category!!

Wait & watch.

:)

ps. The topic of Orphans & Adoption is a very heavy matter. This needs lot of debate and discussion with open heart and mind... this Raju is excellent in Visuals & Acting done from a very small budget by the writer and director Max Zahle. One may ask why these Germans came to India to adopt Raju... they could have gone to South & Central America or Africa or Haiti... Why Calcutta? Well... it's up to the audience to decide! I get the thrill of watching Slumdog Millionaire when I watch Raju, as a cinema portraying a few issues of India! Cheers. :)

Last edited:
Folks:

"Raju" did not get the Oscar, which went to "The Shore" in that category.

Thus, no connection at all for India/Indians at this year's Oscar.

However, did you notice that OscAR Rahman was on the live piano at the Oscar Function in the Kodak Theater?

I was happy! So much is my feeling for the Oscar Tamizhan!! Lol

Cheers.

:)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Raju did not win, I did not see the whole event.. but as you say, adoption is a heavy subject.. I know first hand how people can treat an adopted child so badly.. not necessarily the parents but the others, who absolutely have no sympathy or understanding of that child.. I can write volumes. Anyway, I did see our famous Thamizhan Rehman, I did not realize that he was the musical director this year.. was happy about it.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back