• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rajju Mismatch - Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I am from SouthTamilNadu. I love a guy who doesnot belong to my caste. After a long struggle we convinced our parents and now they wanted to see our horoscope matching. My Star is Magham(Leo), my boy friend's star is Moolam(Sagittarius).
When i checked in few websites, i found that we have rajju mismatch and few sites say its not necessary to see rajju match for both of our stars. Few other sites, say my star dont need rajju match or not all necessary to see horoscope match for my star since its an exceptional one.
We dont know how to avoid this, coz our parents are very keen on this and if our horoscopes are not matching they will never accept:-(...... pls advice

Hi All,

I am from SouthTamilNadu. I love a guy who doesnot belong to my caste. After a long struggle we convinced our parents and now they wanted to see our horoscope matching. My Star is Magham(Leo), my boy friend's star is Moolam(Sagittarius).
When i checked in few websites, i found that we have rajju mismatch and few sites say its not necessary to see rajju match for both of our stars. Few other sites, say my star dont need rajju match or not all necessary to see horoscope match for my star since its an exceptional one.
We dont know how to avoid this, coz our parents are very keen on this and if our horoscopes are not matching they will never accept:-(...... pls advice

Kum. Anu,

I would say you should convince your parents not to spoil your - and your lover's - life by over-dependence on horoscopes. I can cite many marriages of my grandparents' and greatgrandparents' generation where the grandfather of a baby girl - just born - and that of a boy, decide that the two will marry when they grow up; such marriages have also been long and very successful. No horoscopes were seen in those days also. It is only when other selection criteria are not there that people used to go to horoscopes even in olden days.

Since both of you love each other, I will say you should go ahead and marry, despite any objection from any side.

Anu,

The way you phrase your question decides the responses you get. If you had asked should I marry my lover eventhough we often keep fighting and I perceive a personality clash, you would get a 180 degrees different response from the very same persons, to the one you would be getting now.

There are people who believe there is more to the things we see than is seen through the eyes and there are people who believe in the opposite. It is my opinion that the horoscopes matches prescribed relates at the practical level and crops up as various factors such as personality compatibility , mutual attraction etc. However good the art and science maybe it may be spoilt by unscrupulous and incompetent persons which I think is the reason for its fall.

One's decision I think depends on which side of the great divide one is in, physical or spiritual? The outcome depends on which one is the most forceful, or better, the most intelligent. Whatever you do , comprehend it and do it with conviction.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Now that your have decided to marry someone outside your caste, the horoscope matching rigmarole is a humbug.

Your parents obviously are caught between tradition and the attachment towards you.

I know it will be painful for them, but let them reconcile with the inevitable.

Wishes,
Swami

Totally agree with the advisory notes in response to Anu's post -- over&above all that, from astro point of view, the accepted position is that 'madhyama rajju' is the one that needs close look! even in that, ceratin exeptions are indicated, after checking on 'dasaa sandhi', papa samyam etc.,: marriage is a major event in life, for many of us, it IS life, don't just be a slave of astrology, astrology, at best, is just another guidance factor! all the best, GodBless!

Sorry wanted to edit the previous message but got posted again.

Anu,

The way you phrase your question decides the responses you get. If you had asked should I marry my lover eventhough we often keep fighting and I perceive a personality clash, you would get a 180 degrees different response from the very same persons, to the one you would be getting now.

Individual responses to questions such as these I think broadly depends on which side of the great divide he is in, physical or spiritual? .

There are people who believe there is more to the things we see than is seen through the eyes and there are people who believe in the opposite. It is my opinion that the horoscopes matches prescribed relates at the practical level and crops up as various factors such as personality compatibility , mutual attraction etc. However good the art and science maybe it may be spoilt by unscrupulous and incompetent practitioners which I think caused its fall.

If you do not have real belief in astrology do not even bother about these matches. In that case rely on your common sense and go the pragmatic way. On the other hand if you think astrology could help you in making a better decision, at least take the effort to get them from competent astrologers.

But the surest way of making a good decision in my opinion is to totally set aside all emotions and ponder in a totally unbiased way. It is the most difficult but is also the most infallible.

Last edited:
Sri.Swami Sir,

Greetings. Just because someone wishes to marry 'outside the caste', horoscope matching does not become humbug. Computing horoscope is not 'caste specific'. Everyone has an horoscope, since everyone has a place of birth & time of birth. Planets do not discriminate on the basis of caste.

I wish to mention an interesting experience. Couple of years ago, I chose a girl from 'Pallar' caste for my son (My son was not so keen to get married at that time; but was reluctant to say so openly to me). I had no interest in 'horoscope matching'; but the girl's father was very particular. He did not want to speak one word without matching the horoscopes. I left the task to him.

My point is, horoscope matching can be done inter caste marriages too.

Cheers!

Sow.Anu,

Greetings. Have faith and proceed with your parent's blessings. Only in the case of 'Sirasu Rajju', people hesitate to proceed. Secondly, the horoscopes suitability computed in north Indian style are not the same as in the South Indian style. I wish both you youngsters all the very best. All you got to do is, just stay positive.

Cheers!

anu,

you have several wise and practical advice here. me, not claiming any pretentions to wisdom, but hopefully committed to practicality, would suggest that you have a heart to heart discussion with your paramour.

talk it through and talk it out. nothing like 100% communication, the pros and cons of a future together. no matter how much you talk, it would just be scratching the surface. for life is full of mysteries and surprises.

the purpose of the talk is to dispel any doubts that you have within yourself re your own commitment to each other. there are chances that as many bad things as good things will happen. the latter is easy to handle, but in times of trouble, would you rather turn to blame each other absence for ஜாதகம் பொருத்தல் or rather ஜாதகம் non பொருத்தல்.

personally i believe, that everything is in our hands as to how to handle challenges. so, please think in terms of compatibilities to face life together, reassure yourselves that you will hold hands and hug each other, good times or not, and sail the சம்சார சாகரம் as one harmonious unit.

best wishes. God Bless.

Sow.Anu,

Greetings. I almost forgot to mention to you...It is all verywell to consult with astrologers; but, can everyone interpret positively? Yes; interpretation of outcomes are more important than the horoscope itself.

Let me explain. 20 years ago, I used to see my astrologers on the regular basis. (He was my friend;used enjoy tea together, almost on a daily basis). Over the period, he became very famous, his place became crowded. On that particular day, when I went to see him, he said to me, infront of everyone that I could become a 'Paradesi' (பரதேசி)...on hearing that, I thanked him with a big grin on my face...One gentleman from the crowd wondered how could I become happy when someone say to me that I could become a பரதேசி!

I explained him that I was waiting for visa to go overseas...once I go overseas, I would become a பரதேசி, which was desirable for me!...That gentleman admitted, it was the first time he saw the word பரதேசி with a positive interpretation!

So, the whole thing would come down to positive interpretations. You are positive already. You chose to write down your situation and sought suggestions from others. You have done well; this is a positive approach. Your positive attitude would sort everything for you. Wish you all the best.

Cheers!

Hi All,

Thank you for all of your suggestions.. With all of your Good wishes and Blessings,
i hope everything goes well.....!!:dance: Thank you all once again!!!!!!!!

Sri.Swami Sir,

Greetings. Just because someone wishes to marry 'outside the caste', horoscope matching does not become humbug. Computing horoscope is not 'caste specific'. Everyone has an horoscope, since everyone has a place of birth & time of birth. Planets do not discriminate on the basis of caste.

I wish to mention an interesting experience. Couple of years ago, I chose a girl from 'Pallar' caste for my son (My son was not so keen to get married at that time; but was reluctant to say so openly to me). I had no interest in 'horoscope matching'; but the girl's father was very particular. He did not want to speak one word without matching the horoscopes. I left the task to him.

My point is, horoscope matching can be done inter caste marriages too.

Cheers!

Dear Sri. Raghy,

I don't intend to discuss here something fundamental regarding inter-caste marriages which has precedence over horoscope matching.

Regards,
Swami

Dear Sri. Raghy,

I don't intend to discuss here something fundamental regarding inter-caste marriages which has precedence over horoscope matching.

Regards,
Swami

Dear Sri.Swami Sir,

Greetings. If you wish to discuss that 'something fundemental' regarding Inter-Caste-Marriages in a new thread, Kindly do so, please. I am more than happy to share my thoughts. By the way, I am a Humanist. Caste/creed/religion/nationality/languages etc mean nothing to me. All the human beings look the same; all of them share same emotions, share same fears, share same happiness as any given situatuation warrents.

Also I have witnessed, they all bleed the same colour; the inside under the skin is exactly the same for everyone.

Marrying within the same religion/same caste, giving importance to horoscope matching etc. are our choices. There is nothing wrong entertaining choices as long as those choices do not hurt other's feelings/do not make others miserable.

Still people are narrow minded when it comes to mixing castes. I am not taliking in particular about any caste - in this, almost all the castes tow the same line.

It is not hard to break caste differences. The trouble is, we have never been sincere in those efforts. Changes are possible at any time.

ஐந்திலும் வளையும்; ஐம்பதிலும் வளையும்
அதன் இடையிலும் வளையும்; அதன் பிறகும் வளையும்.

When people go to USA, to a different culture, they can easily 'assimilate', because they want to go to USA; when people get diabetes, they can 'alter' their life time diet, because they fear for their health.....

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back