• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rahul Gandhi - Brilliant General leading the battalion - wow what a transformation !

Pl do not feel guilty about having been found out that you are a closet-Muslim. Several of your previous posts in other threads (most closed now) attest to that. If Priyadarshini Nehru-Khan of Operation Bluestar fame can be PM of India, and Sonia Khan can be PM puppet-master, you can become the Prime Minister of India, too.

No need to boast of being a Shiva-Bhaktha, fake or not "with blessings". A Kaali-Bhaktha will do. With same objectives.

Om Shakthi Om.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Rahul has really transformed in front our eyes and is a major rising star in our politics.

And what a transformation it is from a Pappu to a General leading a battalion to victory.

He has an excellent grasp on the political situation, led the 3 states to a brilliant and historic victory.

He came very close in Gujarat and stitched a great coalition in Karnataka. Remember MP, Raj, Chattisgarh are the RSS lab and they were the strongest states for bjp.

The govt has no answer to any of his questions, and they are on the run on rafale. Nirmala despite her great speech made a mess by talking about 1 lakh crore orders with HAL without facts. HAL promptly denied the next day, in a times of india report.

Similarly the so called SC acquittal turned into a conviction due to the incorrect info of CAG report being already submitted to PAC. Even the controversy about the sexist remark by Rahul is hilarious. The more the TV channels play this video, it will go against them. Lol

In short, this govt can do no right, Rahul can do no wrong.

That said. Rahul is very articulate, speaks superb English, can manage any questions from the press. He is inclusive, and takes people along. He displayed his consensus approach by making Gehlot and kamal Nath the CMs. And at the same time, alleviated any apprehension from jyotiradiya Scindia and Sachin pilot. He works along with coalition really well, has built good equations with the southern satraps Stalin and Naidu. He takes the advise of the senior leaders like Ahmed Patel, AK Antony and also the juniors like Scindia and pilot. Brilliant stuff.

Being a Lord Shiva Baktha, and with divine blessings, he has become an invincible warrior. He has single handledly beaten back all the opponents - Arun Jaitley, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Sambit Patra and now Nirmala Seetharaman, simply unstoppable.

The huge mum of press interactions abroad and in india has made him a past master in this game, he can manage any googly unlike the other leaders. And his confidence is growing by the day, and no one wants to debate him on rafale.

In short, this election will be a repeat of trump vs Hillary, except that the roles are reversed. Liberal leader will out win the right wing hardliners.

In my view, Rahul will pull off a stunning upset victory in 2019 elections coming from behind, rallying his troops after the historic drubbing in 2014, leading from the front and working with all parties and leaders and communities,

New era of peace, progress, communal harmony and prosperity. For once, we can look forward to a better india and hopefully we can leave behind the divisive politics, gau rakshasas running riot, unfortunate lynchings like Akbar Khan, etc..

Most importantly rebuilding our economy and peoples lives and livelyhood.

On a lighter note, he has the entire bjp Bakthas on the run, I see them running helter skelter on social media asking how do we stop Rahul on rafale. Hilarious and will be the most interesting and consequential elections in our lives.

One image that remains in my mind is Rahul dramatically tearing up the bill proposed by then UPA Govt to protect convicted politicians like Lalu Yadav. Diverse interpretations have been made about this move. But I believe it to be a rare moment of apolitical honesty, from the man, that has to be lauded. We have seen how Modi has brought certain skills to his position. I do hope that if Rahul gets a similar chance, he will rise above petty political considerations, and take decisions benefiting India as a whole.

He speaks superb English doesn’t mean anything. I don’t understand this obsession about people who are fluent in English are the smartest among us. Maybe you didn’t mean it, but I hear that a lot. Some politicians who speak ‘Posh’ are facing charges of abetment of suicide. I don’t care whether someone does a received pronounciation or a boston brahmin accent. I have so many Chinese friends who are brilliant and can’t speak fluent English (I will tell you something, some of those students aren’t allowed to teach but are asked to grade instead). If we were to judge people based on how well they speak English, then mute people cant be successful in life because they ‘can’t speak English’. Yes, English is an international language and will continue to be but this whole idea of respecting people based on how well they can speak English is complete non sense.

About his communication skills, we all know how articulate he is, especially how well he can answer the media. The classic examples are the interview with Goswami and the more recent one is when he was confronted at a conference in Singapore about what the country’s growth rate was during his family’s regime vs how the world was growing at that time, look it up.

I think an unforgivable mistake that the Modi’s ministers did was not to change the text books. How would the younger generation know about the anti-sikh riots, Kashmiri pandit geonocide, Hashimpura massacare and not to forget the Emergency. You can’t stop them from learning these through the internet.

You can’t hold Modi responsible for mob lynching. The society should realize what is bad and what is good. How many people were watching Nirbhaya suffer on the road? Did anyone hold SoniaG responsible for what had happened? Has anyone ever asked the congress government to dissolve the parliament and call in for a fresh election? I don’t want to judge anyone, but if you visit the US you would know how many shootings occur here. In the universities the police give a crash course on how people should behave if there is an active shooter on campus. There should be a sense of brotherhood among us. We should come together and get justice to the victims. And not to mention, the media in India is highly polarized. “Modi has to resign because the man at the grocery store gave me an eclairs chocolate instead of 1rs change. This is intolerance. Modi is instantiating people to give chocolates instead of Indian currency.” This is the most absurd thing that I can imagine. Who was the prime minister who resigned during the anti – sikh riots? No one? Besides, Modi did resign in 2002 and dissolved the assembly.

If its not Modi, then I would like to see a new face. Maybe Parrikar (unfortunately he is ill) or Dr. Swamy but definitely not Rahul Gandhi. I think there should be a term limit. 1 term is more than enough to prove themselves. Except in this case someone has to clean up the cesspool that the previous governments have created. What good did Nehru do in his political career? What was he a PM for 4 term? Who cares, besides we don’t want dynastic politics, we don’t have kings or queens anymore. We are the biggest democracy in the world. We better keep it that way.

Also, this election will not be a repeat of Trump vs Hillary (even with the roles reversed). A lot of people knew how much they trusted Hillary.

I remember someone was asking this in one of the youtube videos whether the congress party would have accepted SG, (how should I put it) if she was an African women or maybe from the eastern part of the world. I don't wanna talk about it, but I have seen (and experienced first hand) some Indian people giving more importance towards white people over people from our own country.

This govt has messed up with a series of wrong policies implemented with disastrous consequences, like demo, GST, bankruptcy law, Rera, food policy, institutional collapse, rafale.

The entire farming community is in a total disaster and they have been protesting for the last 2 yrs almost non stop.

So even if we agree of biased media, the results of these policies have been disastrous.

Given this, india has moved in to alternatives and Rahul has emerged as a strong challenger.

Idle thoughts:

If Rah-ul Nehru-Khan is such a brilliant general, how come he commands only a battalion, and not an army, or a whole series of armies, navies, air forces, submarine forces, space-satellite weaponry, police, spies, and secret services?

Will he overthrow the President and the Prime Minister and Cabinet, and be another super-Idi Amin?

Or in reality is he just a paper tiger, reducible to a little handful of ashes when a match is struck?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

This govt has messed up with a series of wrong policies implemented with disastrous consequences, like demo, GST, bankruptcy law, Rera, food policy, institutional collapse, rafale.

The entire farming community is in a total disaster and they have been protesting for the last 2 yrs almost non stop.

So even if we agree of biased media, the results of these policies have been disastrous.

Given this, india has moved in to alternatives and Rahul has emerged as a strong challenger.

Demo: What was wrong with that? Forget what Sasi Tharur and the like and your battalion commander say and take a unbiased look at it. Other than that you had stand in a queue wasting a few hours to change your 500 and 1000 denomination notes (they might even have been perfect counterfeits printed in a printing press across the border with our inimical neighbour Pakistan) what other trouble the common man had? For him it is life as usual post and pre demo. a mason who earns 600 per day and a Chithaal who earns 400 per day did not have any trouble and did not suffer because of demo. They just did not have a 500 or 1000 denomination note. It is the rich who cried loud. So Demo was good for the country. The money which was the lubricant helping the terro machinery run smoothly was clipped. I am happy about it. And I do understand that in such matters all can not be said openly and Govt. had its reasons in not replying to your every question.

GST: Please spell out what is wrong with GST? If you are a Commercial Tax Officer working in Stte Government Services you will certainly curse Modi Govt for bringing in GST because you and your political bosses find it difficult to hold trade and business to ransom. Many of the States are happy with the new tax system as their income has increased and what more the whole system is transparent.

Bankruptcy law: The filing of a petition by a creditor and getting a business entity declared bankrupt was an uphill task earlier. Now the legal process has been made far more clear and easy. The businessmen who were failures were going scot free to enjoy their ill-gotten wealth are now scared that they will be held accountable for the failure of their enterprises and may not be able to move around freely. And that is an achievement by Modi Govt. Tell me one reason why bankruptcy laws are not for the good of economy of the country. We are familiar with the following story:
A scheming entrepreneur gets a loan from the bank to set up a 20000 spindles cotton spinning mill. The loan is given for buying machineries and for building a factory on the land owned by the entrepreneur. The investment by the businessman is just the land only. The bank's Term loan takes care of 75 to 80 percent of the cost of machineries with 20% margin brought in by the businessman. After setting up the factory he applies for and gets a working capital loan which is a running account with drawings and deposits within a maximum limit stipulated. The business if run efficiently should yield profit every year which should help the businessman expand further the business.
The business man finds his son to be a play boy with no value addition from his education. He has failed in his graduate course and is just wasting time. He looks for a bride and decides to celebrqte the marriage. The girl's father who is also a crafty businessman looks for a moneybag and our businessman no 1 has to prove that he is indeed one. So he draws his working capital limit fully, defaults on his repayments of the machinery loan and diverts the money to start another mill with 50000 spindles and makes his son the MD of that entity which borrows from another bank for its business. The marriage is celebrated and the son, the new business magnate goes for a honeymoon to Switzerland with his wife.

The businessman no 1 becomes a defaulter and his bank files a suit for recovery of principle and interest from him. The civil suit will take anywhere between 5 to 10 year to come to a conclusion and the Bank will ultimately write off substantial portion of the total dues as not recoverable.

This has been the story which is commonly heared in banking circles in India. Now the bankruptsy laws which were complicated earlier and were of no use to banks have been now amended and banks like any other creditor can file a petition for getting the businessman declared bankrupt. And in a time bound manner the court will declare the businessman/business entity bankrupt and he will never again be able to approach any bank in India for a loan.

Now please tell me where is the hole in this new arrangement? Ofcourse if you are a businessman already declared bankrupt you will certainly have a grand view of a big hole somewhere.

Rera: Please tell me what is wrong with this. The builders and promoters in cities have ultimately been brought under a law to ensure accountability to their customers. It was not there earlier and was a free for all situation. Many families were ruined because of promoters leaving their projects midway or becuse of poor construction violating all rules and regulations. Now there is someone sitting there holding them accountable. This is certainly an improvement.

Food policy, Institutional Collapse : ??

Rafale: you may believe your commander of the battalion. But I believe Mrs. Sitaraman. She was speaking truth and nothing but truth. She never winked like your battalion commander.

Poor battalion.

Regarding RERA, there was a TamBrahm guy who had political influence and started his project in 2008 and ripped off poor people and didnt deliver the apartments until 2016 that too without the promised amenities. He also started a new business venture amidst all these in a foreign country. I even suspect he may have gotten money from his competitors to stop or delay his project, as tehre were many unsold properties from the big builders apartments. He may have money now, but for generations he will suffer for cheating the hard earned m oney of middle class people.

Dear Jaykay767

With due respect, what you advocate amounts apparently to saying, "Better outside the frying-pan and into the fire"!

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

No offence taken.

Most of us thought this govt led by Modi will be revolutionary and will transform india and her people. But unfortunately this govt has been a disaster due to the misguided policies.

So frying pan or fire depends on the perspective.If you ask the farmers they wil tell you they are already in the fire right from demo.

And what was thought impossible happened when they lost the 3 hindi states. Rahul has emerged as a strong contender due to this epic failure of the govt.

Let's say Rahul is unintelligent and a pappu as portrayed by people. It does not matter as long as he consensus driven Which he is by all accounts so far. The real danger is what happened when this govt implemented demonetisation when everyone of us told it will be a massive disaster and they still went ahead collapsing the economy.

coalitions khichadi govt have always done better for india rather than majority govts like Indira, Rajiv and now Modi.

Response to post #36

Let me explain.

Demo - on the surface, it looks like an easy switch of notes for a few days and at best 2 months. So why should this impact the economy.

Anytime one disrupts flow of - currency, people and goods, then the economy will get disrupted. Here all 3 got disrupted as people abandoned work and stood in queues.

First, Businesses running on cash had to deposit all the money and then withdraw in small lot of 20k inr for months distorting their cash flow. Why ? Because banks ran out of cash and had to impose cash limits to avoid full scale rioting.

Second, business sentiment collapsed. People simply stopped buying after demonetisation. They only spent on essentials leading to massive inventories piling up across the country leading to systemic losses. And these businesses could not pay the bank loans and started defaulting which led to banks collapse - IDBI and ilfs and other state led banks. Hence they had to do a full scale bank recapitalisation.

The business sentiment was down for months (and still not recovered fully), severely disrupted the businesses and millions collapsed across the country.

Same thing happened last 3 months back. Fuel prices went sky high and then it came back down. But business sentiment collapsed in the meanwhile and people stopped buying cars and scooters leading to massive inventory pile up and losses.

not to mention, there are lots of cascading impacts due to demo which I have not listed here.

GST - 2 Major unbridgeable gaps.

1. All traders in india should be educated and understand tax laws and numerous GST slabs. They should have access to IT systems and be able to file the returns every week and as many as necessary leading to 100s of returns. In a country where most traders are uneducated and don't know to read or write English nor Hindi nor local language, how can they understand tax laws and GST slabs by categories of products? And they cannot afford to hire tax accountants.

2. Refund business - lets say I am a manufacturer. I buy products from vendor A at GST 18% tax for input raw materials. Post manufacturing I charge output at say GST 5%. Now the policy does not allow me to net off the output tax with input tax. I have to pay the 5% and then apply for refund for the 18% for input tax paid already. Remember I have already paid for the 18% tax for input raw materials. Vendor has paid the govt.

Here I charge the customer less by removing the 18% input tax as I will get the refund. I cannot charge customers 18% input raw material tax and also 5% output GST tax.

Refunds took forever as the system could not match my uploaded manufacturer GST invoice with the vendor A input GST invoice. Over 100 crore invoices got stuck for nearly a year chocking all businesses.

And you can see how messy this is. Every business has to match incoming invoices with outgoing invoices as the govt GST system is unable to match online. Leading to massive redtape

Response to post #36

Let me explain.

Demo - on the surface, it looks like an easy switch of notes for a few days and at best 2 months. So why should this impact the economy.

Anytime one disrupts flow of - currency, people and goods, then the economy will get disrupted. Here all 3 got disrupted as people abandoned work and stood in queues.

First, Businesses running on cash had to deposit all the money and then withdraw in small lot of 20k inr for months distorting their cash flow. Why ? Because banks ran out of cash and had to impose cash limits to avoid full scale rioting.

Second, business sentiment collapsed. People simply stopped buying after demonetisation. They only spent on essentials leading to massive inventories piling up across the country leading to systemic losses. And these businesses could not pay the bank loans and started defaulting which led to banks collapse - IDBI and ilfs and other state led banks. Hence they had to do a full scale bank recapitalisation.

The business sentiment was down for months (and still not recovered fully), severely disrupted the businesses and millions collapsed across the country.

Same thing happened last 3 months back. Fuel prices went sky high and then it came back down. But business sentiment collapsed in the meanwhile and people stopped buying cars and scooters leading to massive inventory pile up and losses.

not to mention, there are lots of cascading impacts due to demo which I have not listed here.
Jaykay SIr,

Poonaiku yaru maniya katrathu ?? which loosely means, who will take the first steps?? Its easy to cry that things are not working, but only if some one is bold enough to try out policies that will help in the long run. What new things did Congress implement in the first 25 years?? We remained a socialist country with joblessness, poverty and red tape. It needed some one like Narasimha Rao and Vajpayee to lead the change.

While I dont believe in some stories like surgical strikes, terrorist money supply cut off , demonitization etc , why dont you talk about the good schemes like Health insurance, job creation etc??

The real PITA is for the politicians. If every thing is made electronic, it requires accountability - which we all hate.

Jaykay SIr,

Poonaiku yaru maniya katrathu ?? which loosely means, who will take the first steps?? Its easy to cry that things are not working, but only if some one is bold enough to try out policies that will help in the long run. What new things did Congress implement in the first 25 years?? We remained a socialist country with joblessness, poverty and red tape. It needed some one like Narasimha Rao and Vajpayee to lead the change.

While I dont believe in some stories like surgical strikes, terrorist money supply cut off , demonitization etc , why dont you talk about the good schemes like Health insurance, job creation etc??

The real PITA is for the politicians. If every thing is made electronic, it requires accountability - which we all hate.

The govt view that these policies are somehow good in the long term, but it will create issues in the short term is not correct. And it is easy to spin doctor this saying, all okay lay in the long term.

Nothing positive will come out of demonetisation disaster and similarly GST. Businesses that got destroyed due to these 2 policies are gone forever and the jobs along with it. Those businesses that could not pay back the bank loans for months have all shut down. They cannot be reopened unless banks give working capital and with banks under massive NPAs, no way to do that.

I am sure you know how hard it is to build a business. So new businesses have to take their place and will take place over long periods of time. That's why the farm sector, real estate, textiles etc.. arenot able to come back up even after 2 yrs of demo.

Many assume that black money is bad, has to be bad, so it is bad. That is not economics but the need to be seen morally right. In economics, there is no white or black money, it simply studies flow of money and how it impacts the overall GDP.

Black money has both pros and cons as any. For eg, let's say, a guy has 100 crores black. Then he will freely invest in lands, houses, stocks, hire car drivers instead of self drive, workers at home, etc.. Let's say his friend or relation wants to start a business and wants 50 lakhs , he will freely give him. What is the risk in losing ill gotten wealth after all. Lol. So he contributes more to the economy, on the other hand the White money guy will not spend any money as it is hard earned and will be very careful, so he actually contributes less to the economy.

That's why the economy was booming during Manmohan era as black money oiled the economy. Now we can debate whether this is okay or not. But remember the people did not vote the govt to make them "harishchandras". Lol

Most importantly even if people had voted, demonetisation was the most negative policy that could have been chosen. There were any number of measures that could have been taken to fight corruption, black money and formalization of the parallel economy.

To add, many of the businesses that collapsed were all legitamate white money ones. They simply collapsed as people stopped buying for months and months and they could not sustain, they didn't have enough money.

But the black money guys had deep pockets and they survived this downturn to come back strong. So after demo the back money businesses are the ones thriving..

So much for fighting corruption. It would be hilarious if not so tragic !!

Another misnomer is that this govt is very honest, I disagree,

1. Why didn't the govt appoint Lokpal and investigate the politicians, govt bureaucrats, employees corruption? We all know this is the biggest source of corruption. The entire Anna Hazare movement was for Lokpal so that 2g kind of scams can be prevented

2. No IT or ED raids happens to any of the BJP politicians. Why ? All harishchandras ? Only opposition is corrupt ?

3. Rafale - why was the CBI director removed twice in such unprecedented rush ?

4. How're they getting vast sums of money to spend on elections ? Why no transparency ?

5. Similarly RTI request are being denied for numerous cases under one pretext or another. Why if one has nothing to hide ?

So....

The govt view that these policies are somehow good in the long term, but it will create issues in the short term is not correct. And it is easy to spin doctor this saying, all okay lay in the long term.

Nothing positive will come out of demonetisation disaster and similarly GST. Businesses that got destroyed due to these 2 policies are gone forever and the jobs along with it. Those businesses that could not pay back the bank loans for months have all shut down. They cannot be reopened unless banks give working capital and with banks under massive NPAs, no way to do that.

I am sure you know how hard it is to build a business. So new businesses have to take their place and will take place over long periods of time. That's why the farm sector, real estate, textiles etc.. arenot able to come back up even after 2 yrs of demo.

Many assume that black money is bad, has to be bad, so it is bad. That is not economics but the need to be seen morally right. In economics, there is no white or black money, it simply studies flow of money and how it impacts the overall GDP.

Black money has both pros and cons as any. For eg, let's say, a guy has 100 crores black. Then he will freely invest in lands, houses, stocks, hire car drivers instead of self drive, workers at home, etc.. Let's say his friend or relation wants to start a business and wants 50 lakhs , he will freely give him. What is the risk in losing ill gotten wealth after all. Lol. So he contributes more to the economy, on the other hand the White money guy will not spend any money as it is hard earned and will be very careful, so he actually contributes less to the economy.

That's why the economy was booming during Manmohan era as black money oiled the economy. Now we can debate whether this is okay or not. But remember the people did not vote the govt to make them "harishchandras". Lol

Most importantly even if people had voted, demonetisation was the most negative policy that could have been chosen. There were any number of measures that could have been taken to fight corruption, black money and formalization of the parallel economy.

Have we come to a point where morality and legality takes a back seat over party and preferences?? And when did the common people start worrying about businesses going bust or

If dynastic rule by Feroze Khan's descendants is ardently advocated by some as the ideal all-in cure , why not go the whole hog and bring back the British Raj?

And make Theresa May Prime Minister-President of post-Partition India?

Have we come to a point where morality and legality takes a back seat over party and preferences?? And when did the common people start worrying about businesses going bust or

They always worried about businesses as they provide jobs. Common people lost their jobs and livelyhood in this misadventure by the 10s of millions when these businesses shutdown. They are all still unemployed and suffering.

Not about morality and legality taking a back seat. Morality and legality comes after a hungry man gets food. When did any of you start asking companies whether they are indulging in tax evasion before taking the job ??

Peoples lives comes always ahead of corruption. And when did fighting corruption means destroying large swathes of businesses and people's livelyhood ??

On the contrary, it will be the first time in india, people will vote on the disastrous economic performance not on party or caste or emotions.

On a side note, Rahul was able to project very well with the people who were desperately looking for alternatives by winning the 3 states. Any Third front leader could very well have come up but none did.

why should Muslims not rule this country ?? They are our citizens and brothers and as intelligent, smart and capable as any of us. And have every right to do so.

Having said that, it is not about supporting this or that dynasty. It so happened Rahul suddenly emerged in the front and stunned everyone by winning the assembly elections.

Feroze Khan's descendants are truly Muslims? Not closet-Muslims aspiring to be first female chauvinist Mahdis? Astounding news.

Sure. Let Muslims, and Muslims alone, rule India. Bring back 700 years of Mogul slave-rule. Demolish Madurai and Rameswaram and build duplicate Aurangazeb Alamgir Masjids there. Ditto ditto in Ayodhya.

Cow slaughterhouses in every village, town,colony, city in India. Raze all remaining temples, shrines, gurudvaras, churches, synagogues wherever they be and erect Kutb minars with the salvaged materials. Everyone to be circumcised, including girls and women. Every man free to marry eight women each, and keep a harem without limit to the number of slaves.

All martyrs guaranteed two dozen virgins and female martyrs guaranteed two dozen nubile boys in Heaven (Jannat).

All others - Buddhists, Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Christians, Jews, agnostics, atheists are by definition unintelligent, unsmart, incapable of ruling (ruining?) India.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

BJP's rule has been disappointing in many areas.

It not only continued Congress's communal schemes favoring the minorities - especially the muslims and christians but also enhanced them. It did nothing to minimize the effects of completely discriminatory and anti-hindu laws such as RTE. It proved to be a namesake hindutva party only. Did nothing to protect hindu customs, festivals or temples. The relentless attacks on hindu festivals whether it is diwali or holi or dahi handi or temple customs (shani temple or sabarimala) by seculars continued unabated.

BJP lacked the ruthlessness of Congress party. Just one week after winning the elections, the congress govts in Rajasthan, MP, chattisgarh did things like mass dismissals of gov servants, ordered rewriting of text books etc. BJP on the other hand was proud to have not touched text books - even the text books that are full of Congress propaganda. What ever little changes that BJP dared to make, it was apologetic about it and something Congress Undid without any remorse. of course Congress having media in the pocket helps it. But what has BJP done to dismantle and expose the utterly biased media? It can learn from Trump how to deal with a hostile media.

Positive aspects include absence of big ticket corruption, reduction of pilferage in scenes meant for poor, focus on villages including electrification and building of sanitary facilities, emphasis on swach bharat (Transformation of River Ganges is phenomenal). Overall despite what is written on this thread, I think this rule is net positive for poor even if the same cannot be said for middle class.

Another big thumbs up to BJP for No terrorist attacks from Pakistan during this rule. Surgical Strike was a bold move.

Can congress be depended upon to keep India safe? After all, did not Congress try to pin the blame for 26/11 terrorism on RSS even after Kasab was caught red-handed? Isn't this proof that Congress will even mortgage country' s security for grabbing power?

With all the BJP's faults we may concede it does not deserve another chance, but is Congress a better choice? That is what i dont get from this thread!

Latest ads

Back