• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

RAgam, ThAnam, Pallavi - fascinating facts!

When the mandolin maestro U. Srinivas started playing, some vidwans thought that the rAgam ThOdi can't be delineated

in that instrument! But he proved that the statement FALSE! Hats off to the genius!! Here is one RTP in ThOdi by him.

He is accompanied by Smt. A. Kanyakumari on the violin and Palakkad Sri. Raghu on the mridangam.

soundcloud.com /mandolin-srinivas-rtp-todi

Homage to Sri. N. Ramani

I was happy to see the date on the daily sheet calendar. It is exactly 5 years since I joined forum!

But as soon as I opened my PC, I saw the sad news of the demise of Sri. N. Ramani, one of my favorite artists.
He departed from this world yesterday. Let us pray for his soul to rest in peace. :pray2:

Here is a full length concert of the maestro accompanied by his son Sri. Thyagarajan, Sri. M. Chandrasekaran,

Sri. Sivaraman, Sri. Vaikom Gopalakrishnan and Sri. Srirangam Kannan.

Sri. N. Ramani - Concert

BhooshAvaLi is a rare rAgam and one song is very popular in that rAgam.

Only yesterday I noticed that it is the pradhimadhyama rAgam of KAmbodhi. :)

Enjoy the song from this collection:
album/Swathi

hi

there ia gal...her voice is looklike Smt K B SUNDARAMBAL....another gal.....sooryagayatri...voice is looklike M S AMMA...

Mam,
I was just going through the postings. Your explanations are very good. All the ragas which have suddha Ri and Suddha Daivatam are sad bhavas means does it include Thodi also. Revati some songs like Mahadeva Sambho are not sad songs.

Usually the minor notes create pathos; especially Ri and Dha. Of course some composers are able to change the basic mood of the

rAgam by the combination of phrases.

Recently, I noticed that ChArukEsi can create sad mood also. The music directors of Mahabharat and Seethaiyin Raman are able

to do it very well. :)

Latest ads

Back