• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ragam and Moods

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ! I didnt realise that.

I did notice something in this line though :)
S, R1, R2, R3 (chinna Ga), G1 (peiya Ri), G2 (chinna Ga), G3 (periya Ga)

The 72 mELa rAga chakram is has very many interesting aspects.

I shall start a new thread to give the 'katapayAdhi' ( कटपयादि ) formula soon! :)

Mangalam, used to be sung at the end of cutcheries in the 80s, but nowadays, it is sometimes seen in the beginning of cds and rarely even in live cutcheries. Initially i thought the raga of this song has got something to do with the placement of the song at the endo of a 3/4 hour cutchery. Any thoughts?
Dear Sandhya,

My question now is: 'Did you find the song as the first number in any CD or hear in any concert??

I have been listening to concerts for many decades and NEVER has 'PavamAna' appeared in the beginning!

Other songs in SourAshtam can appear in the beginning or in the middle of the concert and I gave a few examples

in my earlier post - # 8 in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back