• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Racism in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr. Sangom,

I miss seeing your long posts. :pout:

you can't quit / hide/ go underground /disappear - because your friends have some difference of opinion with you! :bolt:

Come on and come out to give your side of the arguments.
A discussion must have two sides. :fencing:

A point to ponder:

How many times should I have left the Forum :roll:
(or how much earlier - if I was returning once I quit from the forum)!!!

I agree about Raghy, Mrs.VR.

My post to you was a plea, to make you see that no one is hated; and instead, people seek acceptance. It was nothing to do with reservations. From my post it is apparent that what is sought is upanayanams, as kshatriyas and vaishyas; and only after a child shows inclination and capacity for detailed stuff, he can go on to master them and become a brahman.

Regards.

Sowbagyavathy Happyhindu, Greetings.

It is very nice to see your clearing about your message (in post #79). Most messages in this forum are quite powerful. When compelling evidences are produced, the messages in this forum do have a strong effect on the readers. Although I could be wrong ( Now that you are coming out to make your message more clearer, I am wrong in interperting your message), I objected to my interpretation of the message #79. Now that you have cleared about the post #79, a comforting message to you and regretting my interpretation from me is in order.

I am with you when you say 'every Hindu child desrves Upanayanam if that child wishes it'. Not all the brahmin children enrolled in Vedapadasala is rearing to study Vedas; often times those children are driven to that enrolment due to poverty. At the same time, there would be so many NB children willing to take up Upanayanam and lead a pious life; denying their wish is ciriminal, in my opinion. If Sowbagyavathy Happyhindu draws a parallel between the NB children deinied vadapadasala entry and the B children denied Government run secular education institutions, I am with her.

I lament on a different plane altother though. I hate see any person gets viewed differently based on caste. But the discrimination is woven in the socity fabric. People don't even know sometimes they are dicriminating when they follow 'the usual socity norms'. It is really sad. I have examples in own home. But after a bit of education, such situations do improve. I am not aggreable to one community made to carry the burdon of the past deeds of persons long dead, while most of the present community does not carry on with such deeds. Also through personal interactions, I found out that some of the NBs who hate Bs do not even know why they hate the Bs of present generation. That's why I am a bit touchy if I think I see hatred or traces of justifying to hatred against any community or any person.

Cheers!

Dear Sri.Sarang, Greetings.

I refer to your message in post #163. Thanks for the message. It is very nice information indeed. Possibly, these copper plates and inscribed with the approval of the king; in that sense, I can see the Chola king glorifying himself as the descendants of king Sipi......

Cheers!

Dear Mr. Sangom,

you can't quit / hide/ go underground /disappear - because your friends have some difference of opinion with you! :bolt:

A discussion must have two sides. :fencing:

A point to ponder:

Dear Sowbagyavathy Visalakshi Ramani, Greetings.

Sri. Sangom had not quit or left the forum. Presently he is not well enough to attend the discussions. I am looking forward for his participation too. (He may not reply PMs either).

Sowbagyavathy Happyhindu, Greetings.

It is very nice to see your clearing about your message (in post #79). Most messages in this forum are quite powerful. When compelling evidences are produced, the messages in this forum do have a strong effect on the readers. Although I could be wrong ( Now that you are coming out to make your message more clearer, I am wrong in interperting your message), I objected to my interpretation of the message #79. Now that you have cleared about the post #79, a comforting message to you and regretting my interpretation from me is in order.

I am with you when you say 'every Hindu child desrves Upanayanam if that child wishes it'. Not all the brahmin children enrolled in Vedapadasala is rearing to study Vedas; often times those children are driven to that enrolment due to poverty. At the same time, there would be so many NB children willing to take up Upanayanam and lead a pious life; denying their wish is ciriminal, in my opinion. If Sowbagyavathy Happyhindu draws a parallel between the NB children deinied vadapadasala entry and the B children denied Government run secular education institutions, I am with her.

I lament on a different plane altother though. I hate see any person gets viewed differently based on caste. But the discrimination is woven in the socity fabric. People don't even know sometimes they are dicriminating when they follow 'the usual socity norms'. It is really sad. I have examples in own home. But after a bit of education, such situations do improve. I am not aggreable to one community made to carry the burdon of the past deeds of persons long dead, while most of the present community does not carry on with such deeds. Also through personal interactions, I found out that some of the NBs who hate Bs do not even know why they hate the Bs of present generation. That's why I am a bit touchy if I think I see hatred or traces of justifying to hatred against any community or any person.

Cheers!
Raghy Sir,

Thanks for the lovely post. Am releived to see us both coming to common grounds to clarify.

Sir, in the Discrimination thread i went overboard. I realised that, and therefore requested praveen to delete some posts, although i wish i could edit out portions of my remaining posts too.

But when it came to this thread and saw the hatered point made by Mrs.VR, i gave it considerable thot. I would like to assure you i never once thot about reservations or about justifying hatered or any such thing while writing out that post.

My post was an earnest plea, a plea for acceptance. To make Mrs.VR see that no one is hated, instead people seek acceptance. Mrs.VR responded beautifully, and i loved her replies. She brought out her real self, a lady of love, beauty and acceptance.

Raghy sir, in this day and time it will be very hard to find any brahmin practicing casteism, except for a miniscule orthodoxy. A good many NBs are however, still stuck in a tribal past, continue with casteism and even violence. What everyone is grappling with is a socio-religious issue in which everyone has varying views.

Sir, am far too aware that ALL sections of soceity were involved in violence right from tribal days. I definitely agree no one needs to carry any burden of the past. Which is why i wrote a new day can be created any day.

If we think of exclusivity, then acceptance cannot come. I am very glad that we agree on allowing upanayanams for everyone, first as kshatriyas and vaishyas, and if a child does well, then allow him to study further to become a brahman. It is my personal view that this will prevent NBs from involving in casteism; and will pave a path, to allow them to become a brahman on basis of intellectual merit. I sincerely hope hindutva people propagate this.

Thankyou.

Last edited:
....How do you think this guy got shot? You think the traffic cop shot him first? This does not make sense.
Dear Shri KRS, even the few facts you cite do not make him undoubtedly guilty. But, the story is not what you state alone. Those interested may go deeper and read about the case.

Many a convict on death row have been completely exonerated. Conviction does not mean guilty always. There is lot of doubt in the case and the very least he deserves is a retrial. But he won't be given one because he is one uppity n-word.

Cheers!

Some conversations from the novel ‘vettup puli’, a novel by tamizhmagan

தமிழ்மகனின் வெட்டுப்புலி நாவல் தமிழ்நாட்டின் ஒரு சின்ன பகுதியின் ஒரு நூற்றாண்டு மக்களின் வாழ்வையும் சிந்தனையோட்டத்தையும் ஆசைகளையும் சொல்கிறது. அது மக்களின் வாழ்க்கையும் ஆசை நிராசைகளும். அந்த மக்கள் சென்னையை அடுத்த ஐம்பது–நூறு மைல்களுக்குள்ளான மண்ணில் வாழ்கிறவர்கள்.

Dasaratha Reddy and his wife Mangamma

தசரத ரெட்டியும் அவர் மனைவி மங்கம்மாவும் பேசிக்கொள்கிறார்கள். தசரத ரெட்டி சொல்கிறார் மனைவியிடம்…
குருவிக்காரன், பள்ளி, பறையன், செட்டி, கம்மான் எல்லாம் சமம்னு சட்டம் வரப்போவுதாம். அப்புறம் எல்லாரும் எல்லா வேலையும் செய்யவேண்டிதான்”.
அதற்கு மங்காத்தா பதில், “நல்லாருக்கு. நாம அணில் அடிச்சி சாப்பிடணும், அவன் வந்து வெள்ளாமை பண்ணுவான்.”
குருவிக்காரனும் நாமும் சமம்னு ஆயிடணும்னு இல்லடி. பாப்பானும் நாமும் சமம்னு சொல்றதுக்குத் தாண்டி சட்டம் போடச் சொல்றாங்க.”
மங்காத்தாவுக்கு இது ஒன்றும் சரியாகப்படவில்லை. “அவன் மேரி நாமும் ஆவணும்னா கறி மீனை விட்டுப்புட்டு தயிர் சோறு சாப்பிட்டுக்கினு நாக்கு செத்துப் போக வேண்டியதுதான். அடச்சீ, நாம எதுக்கு பாப்பானை மாரி ஆவணும்?”

Thiagarajan (DMK) and his wife Hema in the sixties

ஏங்க, ஐயருங்கள திட்டுறதை விட்டுட்டு நாமளும் அவங்க மாதிரி ஆனா என்னாங்க?”
அதெல்லாம் நடக்ககூடிய காரியம் இல்லடி!”
நாமளும் நாமம் போட்டுக்கிட்டு தயிர் சாதம் சாப்பிடணும், அவ்வளவு தானே?”
பதில் சொல்லாது அவன் திசைதிருப்பவே, ஹேமா கேட்கிறாள் திரும்பவும்.
நான் சொன்னதுக்கு பதிலைச் சொல்லுங்க. அவங்க மாதிரி சுத்தபத்தமாக இருக்க முடியலைன்னு தானே அவங்க மேலெ பொறாமை?”
அடி செருப்பாலே”.. மென்ற வெற்றிலைச் சாறைபிளிச்சென அவள் முகத்தில் துப்பினான். ”பைத்தியக்காரிமுட்டாள்தயிர் சாதம் சாப்பிட்டா நீயும் ஐயர் ஆயிடுவியா? கலெக்டர் ஆயிடுவியா?, ஜட்ஜ் ஆயிடுவியா?” ஆத்திரம் தாளாமல் அப்படியே இழுத்து முதுகில் நாலு சாத்து சாத்தினான்

Thiagarajan and his teleugu wife (in the sixties)

நாயுடு என்று சொன்னார்கள். தமிழ் தெரியாது தெலுங்கு பேசுகிறவள். ஐயரு இல்லாம செய்துகிட்ட சீர்திருத்த மணம். அவளையும் தன்னைப் போல் பெரியார் பக்தையாக்கிவிட முயன்றால், அவள்எல்லாரையும் சமமா பாக்கணும்னு சொல்றீங்கஅப்புறம் இது வேறே அது வேறேனு சொல்றீங்க. எதுக்கு இந்தப் பித்தலாட்டம்கறா? என்று அவனுக்கு எரிச்சல். கடைசியில் திராவிட இயக்கக் கொள்கைதான் இதற்கு பதில் சொல்லி மனம் சமாதானமடையச் செய்யும் போலிருக்கிறது.
தன்னைப் பழி வாங்க பார்ப்பனர் செய்த சதி போல இருந்தது அவனுக்கு மனைவி வாய்த்தது.” பிரச்சினை எதுவாக இருந்தாலும் பாப்பானைத் திட்டினால் பிரசினை தீர்ந்துவிடுவதாகத் தோன்றுகிறது.
வீட்டில் மாத்திரம் இல்லை. அவன் வேலை செய்யும் ஏஜீஸ் ஆபீஸிலும் அவனுக்கு எதிரான பார்ப்பன சதிதான்.
அவன் ஆபீஸில் ஒரு பார்ப்பனர் நாடகங்கள் போடுவதிலும் சினிமாவுக்கு வசனங்கள் எழுதுவதிலும் ஈடுபட்டிருந்ததை அறிந்ததும், அதுவும் அவன் தன் ரேங்கில் இருப்பவன், அவன் எம் ஜி ஆர் படங்களுக்கு வசனம் எழுதும் அளவுக்குப் போனது, அவனுக்குத் தாளமுடியாத ஆத்திரமாக வந்தது. இதுவும் பார்ப்பன சதி இல்லாமல் வேறென்ன?
அவனை யாரோ ஒரு பார்ப்பான் என்று உதறி எறியவும் முடியவில்லை. அந்த பாப்பானுக்கு ஒரு ரசிகர் கூட்டம் வேறெ. “பால சந்தர் படம்என்று புகழ் பரவியது. அடுத்தடுத்து அந்த பாப்பான் வளர்ந்து கொண்டே போனால்? நாணல், எதிர் நீச்சல், பாமா விஜயம், மேஜர் சந்திரகாந்த், சர்வர் சுந்தரம் என்று அந்த வளர்ச்சி பெரிய தலைவலியாக இருந்தது. அவர் பெயரைபால சந்திரனோ, பால சுந்தரமோ என்று தெனாவட்டாக உச்சரிப்பான்.
என் கூட வேலை செஞ்ச பயஎன்று சொல்வான். பின்என் கீழே வேலை செஞ்சவன்என்றும் சொல்லிப் பார்த்தான்..

Natarajan (EVR bhaktan) and a Brahmin girl

நடராஜன்
: “பொஸ்தகம்னா ப்ராமின்ஸ் எழுதறது தானே? பாரதியார், .வே.சு. தி.ஜானகிராமன், சுஜாதா, பாலகுமாரன், எல்லாம் யாரு?
(பேசிக்கொண்டிருபபது பிராமணப் பெண் இல்லையென்றால் ப்ராமின்ஸ்க்கு பதிலாகபாப்பானுவஎன்று சொல்லியிருப்பான். ).
எல்லாத்தையும் பெரியார் கண்ணாடி போட்டுப் பாக்காதீங்க. புதுமைப் பித்தன் ஜெயகாந்தன்லாம் உங்க ஆளுங்க தானே”? என்கிறாள் அவள்.
இதற்கு நடராஜன் பதில்: “உங்களுக்கு ஏத்த மாதிரி எழுதினதாலே விட்டு வச்சிருக்கீங்க.”
அவர்களை வழியில் ஒரு போலீஸ் இடைமறிக்கிறான். வழக்கமான சென்னை போலீஸ்தான். அவன் விசாரணைகள் எப்படி இருக்கும் என்பது நமக்குத் தெரியும்.
அப்படி லவ்வு?” என்று கிண்டல் செய்கிறான்.
அப்படிலாம் இல்லை சார். இது எங்க மாமா பையன். ஒண்ணாத்தான் படிக்கிறோம்.” என்று பதில் சொல்கிறாள் நடராஜன் கூட இருக்கும் கிருஷ்ண ப்ரியா.
அப்படியாடா?” என்று கேட்கிறான் நடராஜனைப் பார்த்து. நம்மைப் போன்ற ஒரு கருப்பனே நம்மை இழிவு படுத்தும்போது பாப்பான் ஏன் ஏளனமாக நடத்தமாட்டான்என்று சிந்தனை போகிறது நடராஜன் மனதில்.
நாடு முழுக்க கொந்தளிப்பா இருக்கு. பத்திரமா வூடு போய்ச் சேரு. ஊரைச் சுத்திட்டு இருந்தே பொண்ணு பாழாயிடும் பாத்துக்க ஜாக்கிரதஎன்று மிரட்டுகிறான்.
இருவரும் கிருஷ்ண ப்ரியா வீட்டிற்குப் போகிறார்கள்.
பாப்பாத்தி என்று மனதில் வெறுப்பேற்றிக்கொண்டிருந்தவ, “என் மாமா பையன்என்று சொல்லி அந்த இக்கட்டிலிருந்து காப்பாற்றியவளைஏன் அப்படிச் சொன்னாய்? என்று கேட்கிறான்.
நான் அப்படிச் சொன்னதாலேதான் விட்டான்என்று பதில் சொல்கிறாள்.
கிருஷ்ணபிரியா வீட்டு வாசலில் குடுமியோடு நிற்கும் அவள் அப்பா, “நமஸ்காரம்என்கிறார் நடராஜனைப் பார்த்து. அது நடராஜன் காதுகளில் ஈயம் காய்ச்சி ஊத்தின மாதிரி இருக்கிறது.

In the nineties:

தொண்ணூறுகளில்
நாம் சந்திப்பது ரவியை.. அவனுக்கு மணிரத்தினம், “அக்கினி நக்ஷத்திரம் என்ற இரண்டு பெண்டாட்டி கதையை ஜனாதிபதி பார்க்க வைத்தது, இரண்டு பேரும் பாப்பானுங்களா இருந்ததால் தான் சாத்தியமாகிறதுஎன்று தோன்றுகிறது. .அந்த வெங்கட்ராமன் என்கிற பாப்பார ஜனாதிபதி அடிக்கடி விமானத்தில் வந்து சங்கராச்சாரியாரைப் பார்த்து போவது ஆச்சரியமாயில்லை.
அந்த சங்கராச்சாரியாரை ஜெயலலிதா அரெஸ்ட் செய்ய முடிகிறது. கலைஞரால் முடியவில்லையே. என்று கேட்கிறார் நியூயார்க் வந்திருக்கும் திமுக-கார அப்பா வளர்த்த தமிழ்ச் செல்வனை.
சட்ட சபை எங்க கையிலே இல்லை. நீதித்துறை எங்க கையிலே இல்லை. நிர்வாகமும் எங்க கையிலே இல்லை பாப்பான் உட்கார்ந்திருந்த இடமெல்லாம் இப்ப அவங்க கையிலே. ராஜாஜி இல்லே. வரதாச்சாரி இல்லே. ஆமாவா இல்லையா?”
எங்களைத்தான் நாட்டை விட்டே வெரட்டி அடிச்சுட்டாங்களே. இந்தக் கோட்டா, அந்தக் கோட்டா, ரிசர்வேஷன்னு.. செரி அதை வுடு. க்ஷேமமாத்தான் இருக்கோம். இல்லாட்டிப் போனா அங்கே தான் கோயில்லே மணி அடிச்சிட்டு இருக்கணும்…” என்று சொல்லிக் கொண்டு வந்தவர் தமிழ்ச்செல்வனைக் கேட்கிறார். ”அம்மாவும் பெரியார் கட்சியா?” என்று. தமிழ்ச் செல்வன் சிரித்துக்கொண்டே சொல்கிறான். ”இல்லை பேர் தான் நாகம்மா. ஆனால் சாய் பக்தைஎன்கிறான்.

Natesan (Kalaignar viswasi) and his wife renu

“எவண்டி சொன்னான் உனுக்கு? கண்டவன் சொல்றதையெல்லாம் நம்பிக்கிட்டு.”
அழகான பொண்ணு ரோட்டிலே போனா கார்ல தூக்கிட்டுப் போயிடுவாராமே?
பிரேமா இங்கே வந்தாளாக்கும்பிரேமா அந்தப் பகுதி அதிமுக வட்டாரச் செயலாளரின் மனைவி.
யார் சொன்னா என்னா?. சொன்னது உண்மையானு பாக்கணும்”.
போடி. நல்ல உண்மையப் பாத்த…. எவனாவது பொறம்போக்கு ஆயிரம் சொல்லுவான். அதெல்லாம் உண்மையானு பாப்பியா? உனுக்கு ஒண்ணு சொல்றேன் கேட்டுக்க .”இன்னொரு வாட்டி தம்பியப் பத்தி இப்படி ஏதாவது கேட்டே, தொடப்பக்கட்ட பிச்சிக்கும்.”
பெரியார் கண்ட கனவு, அப்பாவுக்கு இருந்த லட்சியம், எல்லாமே எப்படி எப்படியோ திசை மாறிப் போய்க்கொண்டிருக்கிற வலி எப்படியாவது கலைஞரை ஆட்சிக்கு வரவழைத்துவிட்டால் எல்லாம் சரியாகிப் போயிடும் என்ற நம்பிக்கை இருந்தது .அவனுக்கு.…

Dear Mr. Sangom,

A discussion must have two sides.

A point to ponder:

Smt. HappyHindu - post#180
Shri Raghy - post #177
Smt. V.R. - post #176

Dear all,

I have not quit the forum but am temporarily out of order:)

But today I feel somewhat normal and was scanning through this thread and felt my views may be relevant.

Regarding the posts of Raghy and HH, permit me to say that it is not 'upanayanam' a.k.a. poonal ceremony, or admission to vedapatasalai for all who desire, that we should strive for, imho. Since brahmins have been the custodians and repositories of our scriptures, at least for the last few centuries, and other castes do not have any first hand knowledge about these, I feel there should be an initiative on the part of the entire hindu community to take away the 'exclusivity' in respect of all our scriptures and make them available freely to all people. Internet may be one suitable medium and in that medium it may not be possible to shut out any human being. That's OK for me; but many of the brahmins scholars may not come forward to share their knowledge and/or insight about the scriptures with all and sundry because they have grown up in the old, exclusivist atmosphere.

It is in this connection that the chance now afforded by the Sringeri matham by giving entry to a dalit sanyasi/brahmachari should be seen by us. If there are people - B or NB or Dalit - who desires to pursue such studies either in the matham or from other willing scholars should be given adequate financial encouragement. I am ready to contribute a portion of my income for this purpose. If some others can also join and set up a fund or something like that, may be we will have taken some concrete step in making hindu religion broad-based and egalitarian. (None of the godmen/godwomen, gurujis, acharyas, who command vast resources, seems to have taken such a step; I believe they restrict themselves to preaching their version of the hindu scriptures to their audience, without any discrimination.)

Once the scriptural study becomes universal, I feel many of the problems relating to caste will come down.

I request other members to offer their views.

sangom,

reinventing hindu faith based on equality before God is long overdue. i have been advocating this all along. i agree with you 100%, let us cut oout the old mutts....

fondest regartds and welcome back :)

What does this mean? We need not worry about the old mutts, let them do what they want or they must be physically destroyed or cut into pieces?

thanks sarang. could not help a smile at the way you have written, which is an excellent analyis of what i meant, but did not touch what i meant. mea culpa.

i was only seconding sangom's thougths on initiatives to democratize hinduism, ie propate the vedas and scriptures actively across all castes and creeds, including the dalits.

also, the point, the mutts and religious heads have failed in this, and usually i am suspicious of any of their involvement. for barring the sringeri initiative, which i think though welcome, is long voerdue, is still too little. if not too late.

hope this explains..thank you.

Having lived my entire adult life in US, I beg to differ fro you Sir Sangom. (post#183).
Instead of forcing a private religious organization to change, I think I would leave it alone. Religious freedom should be sacrosanct. I understand they should change of their own free will. Our mutts should be more like Arya samaj, Hare krishna, or other non-denominational group. It is free society, if you do not like the practices of a group, then you are free to choose another. I hope these mutts are not violating any laws of the country. These mutts are not in position of power in government, or business.

I think the laws of Indian should be for all Indians.

It is free society, if you do not like the practices of a group, then you are free to choose another.

i have a thought to share with you in line with your quotes, without touching the context of your post . beg, i dont wanna go in there, deep, and have a long rope.

hope you must have had come across these terms, in your claimed, entire adulthood life in u.s, at least in your school text.. or non-detailed stories..

'let them eat cake' !!

parlez vous francais prasad? if so, check out this too, "" Qu'ils mangnent de la briche"

a queen once said this... if you don't like it, get out and choose your own best, but finally found their neck in guillotine. she was crudely talking about bread Vs cake. it all happened two centuries ago..

hope you will avoid such terms when talking about any community issues. thank you

Having lived my entire adult life in US, I beg to differ fro you Sir Sangom. (post#183).
Instead of forcing a private religious organization to change, I think I would leave it alone. Religious freedom should be sacrosanct. I understand they should change of their own free will. Our mutts should be more like Arya samaj, Hare krishna, or other non-denominational group. It is free society, if you do not like the practices of a group, then you are free to choose another. I hope these mutts are not violating any laws of the country. These mutts are not in position of power in government, or business.

I think the laws of Indian should be for all Indians.

Shri prasad,

I feel there is some communication gap here. Firstly, I did not insist on Mathams coming forward to admit anyone and giving them instructions on hindu scriptures. I said this can be done by anyone - individual, organization, university (like TTD) or anybody else. But the aspiring student will have to have some financial help. That was what I was saying. Perhaps if some good sized funds can be found, it may be possible to make some endowment and enthuse these mathams to take NB students. Perhaps if some state govt., comes forward, it can institute such study courses in its universities. But since the availability of the texts is a big problem, we cannot completely forget these mathams which are the best repositories, imho.

You seem to say "Instead of forcing a private religious organization to change, I think I would leave it alone. Religious freedom should be sacrosanct. I understand they should change of their own free will." which gives the impression that you will prefer not to make any change in the mathams but immediately continue with "Our mutts should be more like Arya samaj, Hare krishna, or other non-denominational group." So, what is it that you actually want....to do?

Kunjuppu's words "let us cut out the mathams" I think, means, "let us not look to the mathams for any help in this matter". May be I am wrong.

You seem to say "Instead of forcing a private religious organization to change, I think I would leave it alone. Religious freedom should be sacrosanct. I understand they should change of their own free will." which gives the impression that you will prefer not to make any change in the mathams but immediately continue with "Our mutts should be more like Arya samaj, Hare krishna, or other non-denominational group." So, what is it that you actually want....to do?

My idea was that the Muthams (sorry for calling them mutts, lol) should change by themselves or shamed into it. As a religious organisation they must not be forced by governments.

i have a thought to share with you in line with your quotes, without touching the context of your post . beg, i dont wanna go in there, deep, and have a long rope.

hope you must have had come across these terms, in your claimed, entire adulthood life in u.s, at least in your school text.. or non-detailed stories..

'let them eat cake' !!

parlez vous francais prasad? if so, check out this too, "" Qu'ils mangnent de la briche"

a queen once said this... if you don't like it, get out and choose your own best, but finally found their neck in guillotine. she was crudely talking about bread Vs cake. it all happened two centuries ago..

hope you will avoid such terms when talking about any community issues. thank you

Every statement has to be viewed in context and also the intent behind the statement.
IMO your simile does not fit my statement. There was arrogance involved, and there is no class differentiation.

If we disagree on the content, then that too is ok. It is my opinion.

Dear Sri.Sangom, Greetings.

I am ready to contribute a portion of my income for this purpose. If some others can also join and set up a fund or something like that, may be we will have taken some concrete step in making hindu religion broad-based and egalitarian. (None of the godmen/godwomen, gurujis, acharyas, who command vast resources, seems to have taken such a step; I believe they restrict themselves to preaching their version of the hindu scriptures to their audience, without any discrimination.)

It is very nice to see someone coming up with a proposal. I am willing to contribute towards such a cause.

I have no knowledge about the subject when it comes to scriptures. I was under the impression, most of these sciptures are available on line.

I am looking forward to hear more about this effort, please.

Cheers!

Dear Sri.Sangom, Greetings.

It is very nice to see someone coming up with a proposal. I am willing to contribute towards such a cause.

I have no knowledge about the subject when it comes to scriptures. I was under the impression, most of these sciptures are available on line.

I am looking forward to hear more about this effort, please.

Cheers!
I too support this idea.

Dear Professor Ji,

From what I have read, it seems to me beyond doubt that he killed the cop.

Please direct me to any other relevant sites that you think do an impartial job of showing that either he is not guilty or a re trial is in order. I would like to read them.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Shri KRS, even the few facts you cite do not make him undoubtedly guilty. But, the story is not what you state alone. Those interested may go deeper and read about the case.

Many a convict on death row have been completely exonerated. Conviction does not mean guilty always. There is lot of doubt in the case and the very least he deserves is a retrial. But he won't be given one because he is one uppity n-word.

Cheers!

Dear Professor Ji,

From what I have read, it seems to me beyond doubt that he killed the cop.

Please direct me to any other relevant sites that you think do an impartial job of showing that either he is not guilty or a re trial is in order. I would like to read them.

Regards,
KRS

Dear KRS:

Please see this New Tests Show Key Witnesses Lied at Abu Jamal Trial » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

I get the feeling that the passenger in Cook's car did the job; the motive was interference of Faulkner in some type of GRAFT involving Philly Police.. Because of Mumia's activism, he was framed by the Philly Police.

I may be wrong...

For some reason, police did not do a clean forensic test of who fired the gun Mumbia had. What happened to the three other bullets?

Why did Faulker fire his gun at Mumbia? When did he do it? It has been established beyond doubt that Mumia was hurt by the bullets from Faulkner's gun.

I believe some prosecution witnesses simply LIED..and Judge Sabo was not trying to get to the TRUTH but more interested in convicting Mumia!

Just my two cents on this very complicated case.

Regards.

Y

Last edited:
Dear Sangom:

I hope you recover fully well soon.

Best regards.

Y

Dear Y,

Thank you so much for your kind wishes.

In 2007 I got a vertigo attack which the doctor diagnosed as due to ayurvedic medicines having "spoiled" my stomach considerably. (He confidently states that human brain and stomach have very close and immediate connection, which has not been fully understood so far.) His treatment which involves bed rest, was effective then and he had cautioned me that this would recur anytime and nobody can predict.

Now I had another attack and was taking medicines and in bed for two days. Now I feel better but am not able to sit before computer and type for long. So, may be I will have to do such "disappearing acts" in future also, since age is always....increasing only :)

Dear Y,

In 2007 I got a vertigo attack which the doctor diagnosed as due to ayurvedic medicines having "spoiled" my stomach considerably. (He confidently states that human brain and stomach have very close and immediate connection, which has not been fully understood so far.) His treatment which involves bed rest, was effective then and he had cautioned me that this would recur anytime and nobody can predict.

Now I had another attack and was taking medicines and in bed for two days. Now I feel better but am not able to sit before computer and type for long. So, may be I will have to do such "disappearing acts" in future also, since age is always....increasing only :)

On behalf of the entire community we wish you speedy and full recovery.

dear Mr. Sangom,
Health comes first.
I know because I have spoilt mine already.
Take enough rest. :couch2:
Let the others do the :boxing: for a few more days.
Brain controls every other organ.
So naturally it is closely connected with each of them.
Wish you speedy recovery! :pray:
Age will always try to catch up .
Let us learn to elude it! :bolt:
with warm regards,
Visalakshi Ramani.

Dear Y,

Now I had another attack and was taking medicines and in bed for two days. Now I feel better but am not able to sit before computer and type for long. So, may be I will have to do such "disappearing acts" in future also, since age is always....increasing only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back