• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Raavanan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard when ஊத்துகாடு வெங்கடசுப்பையர் sang especially those wonderful ஸுவரஜதி people saw or felt Krishna dancing on the head of Kalinga in the temple
Renukakarthikeyan now visualizes Vamana doing Thandava on Dasmukha of Bali If he ever had them. Great How do you describe this in words I think Bharathi in some context used the expression உன்மத்தம் ஆகுதடீ . Will this fit in here If not some one please get the correct expression fit to this situation Jambu:crazy:

Last edited:
Now Raghay & Renukakarthikeyan are taking Ravans character study to Ph.d levels. But I am trying to introduce Ravana to அரை களாஸ் (UKG) girl in different context. Just laugh in wonder how child's mind works To days poser to me when she saw the picture of Ravanan with 10 heads & 20 hands (in page 1 of this thread postedby me) Where are his கொம்பு?. She cannot imagine a ராக்ஷஸன் without கொம்பு ! Now கொம்பு seems to be the in thing for children. During Alagar Festivals vendors were selling these கொம்பு (made in China) for Rs.25 They are made of plastic mounted on a head band & are illuminated when switched on. Every Child on the road (including Dhanishta) was going about donning this
proudly. This is only to make the discussion a bit light Jambu:fencing:

In the heat and din raised by the intellectual boxing :boxing: about Ravanan going about for some time I have failed to clear Dhanishta"s doubt about கொம்பு. I should have an answer soon before she is back to school after holidays. Renukakarthikeyan are you listening? what is the Grandma(in you)"s response to her doubt. I give you a lead ஜம்பு rhymes with கொம்பு If I can exploit this in some way to give her an answer I am sure boundless will be her enjoyment. Jambu

Last edited:
Sri.Dr.Jambunathar,

I am enjoying your conversation with Sow.Renuka. I think Dhanista should have the horns..shall we call them..
தனிஷ்டாவோட தாத்தா பேரு ஜம்பு
அவள் தலையில் இருப்பதோ கொம்பு!

Cheers!

As per Valmiki, Raman did not know that he was an 'Avataar' of Vishnu. Rama just grew up just like any other human being with all the fears and doubts. I see Valmiki Ramayana as it is. I have no desire to read between the lines. I fail to see Rama killing Ravana for granting him 'mukthi'. To be precise, Rama happened to befriend the 'vanara padai' which over run Ravana's army. That is the way I see it.

In fact, Rama was not very shrewed either. Sukrivan should not be the king; Vali went on a fight rampage, as a vanara, Sukriva was required to give Vali his 100% support. But, knowing very well about Vali's strength, Sukriva got deluded that he might have died and took his wife and son under his roof...bad idea! If I were Rama, I would never have sided with Sukriva! Then, I would not have disfigured Surpanaka, would I?

There are many questions.....

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dear Nachi Naga

Dhanishta seems to have got your attention and love easily without any conscious efforts on her part except probably for her innocent curiosity to learn and childish questions and comments put to me. Do I have any role or deserve any credit for this? Jambu :drum:

tnj

in your role in explaining ravanan to dhanishta,you are actually paying tribute to your elders in the family,who must have told you,when you were lil grand-daughters age.you are blessed with grace in your role.kalakkungo :second: my only request to you is,even though,as we grew older,we realised lord rama's mission,and how important a role ravanan played.still feel lil dhanista shud think ravanan as villain only at this age and let her get imbibed that,lord rama or even hanuman will protect her.:nod:

Raavanpremi...literally means Raavan..to cry/wail
Premi..love..so technically it means One who loves to cry...
Well..i dont like to cry actually....

Paulasyapremi..would be a better title..Paulasya(son of Pulasya)..
Premi..Love..One who is fond of the son of Pulasya..

So who is going to confer this title to me?
I am honoured...

renu

actually your name means 'born of divine dust' in some sanmskritham context.sage jamadagni's wife name is renuka :second: your first guru and second guru (matha & pitha ) already gven you a title madame :)

In the heat and din raised by the intellectual boxing :boxing: about Ravanan going about for some time I have failed to clear Dhanishta"s doubt about கொம்பு. I should have an answer soon before she is back to school after holidays. Renukakarthikeyan are you listening? what is the Grandma(in you)"s response to her doubt. I give you a lead ஜம்பு rhymes with கொம்பு If I can exploit this in some way to give her an answer I am sure boundless will be her enjoyment. Jambu

Dear sir...

Show Dhanistha this to make her understand...about Horns..a.k.a Kombhu...I have even showed this to my son..Its Hell Boy..He had horns too but cut it off to be less hostile..
He is a kombukaran(Horned one) with a heart...

YouTube - Hellboy Animated - The Cave

renu

actually your name means 'born of divine dust' in some sanmskritham context.sage jamadagni's wife name is renuka :second: your first guru and second guru (matha & pitha ) already gven you a title madame :)

dear nachi..
Yes i have read the meaning of my name...born of dust...
well in this world dust is very important..as when we leave...
its ashes to ashes ,dust to dust...

dear nachi..
Yes i have read the meaning of my name...born of dust...
well in this world dust is very important..as when we leave...
its ashes to ashes ,dust to dust...

renu

true true..that is why we get vibhuthi to smear on forehead to remind us,that all this puffing & panting,will be reduced to ashes,so body is insignificant oops sorry doctor,you make a living only with a body :sad:

Dear sir...

Show Dhanistha this to make her understand...about Horns..a.k.a Kombhu...I have even showed this to my son..Its Hell Boy..He had horns too but cut it off to be less hostile..
He is a kombukaran(Horned one) with a heart...

YouTube - Hellboy Animated - The Cave

No. Sorry I am not showing it Dhanishita It is full of violence guns battle even the animation is frightening skeletons etc. I had found nice way to answer her which is full of fun & she is covinced that Ravana didnot have horns! Till my next posting on this keep guessing!

There is a village called Kombukaranethal (கொம்புகாரநேந்தல்) Near Manamadurai. தா.ந.கிருட்டினன் Ex DMK minister, brutally murder in front of his house in Madurai was from this place. M.K.Alagiri was accused & charged for this & set free by the courts. Jambu :sorry:

Last edited:
Sri.Dr.Jambunathar,

I am enjoying your conversation with Sow.Renuka. I think Dhanista should have the horns..shall we call them..

Cheers!
Good. Keep it up I will also try and post it in a day or two in similar lingo Jambu:whistle:

No. Sorry I am not showing it Dhanishita It is full of violence guns battle even the animation is frightening skeletons etc. I had found a nice way to answer her which is full of fun & she is convinced that Ravana did not have horns! Till my next posting on this keep guessing!

No more waiting and guessing How did I mange to convince her? Read
Look at my head do I have horns? No. நான் ராஷ்ஷஸன் But no horns.நி ஐம்பு தாதா நீ ராஷ் ஷஸன் இல்ல . Ask patti . I did not brief my wife on this But was sure she will be delighted to confirm that I am a ராஷ்ஷஸன் She did exactly that saying என்ன எப்படி படுத்தறா பாரு ராஷ்ஷஸன் மாதிரி & called herself a ராஷ்ஷஸி the wife of ராஷ்ஷஸன் !!. ராவணன் & ஜம்பு தாதா Both ராஷ்ஷஸா . Since one did not have horns the other also will not have. She is convinced and I am delighted. See the (il) logic of this explanation yet she is convinced and happy that her question was answered & doubt cleared

Had I tried telling her logically "In Valmiki Ramyana there was no mention of Horns for Ravanan. Kamban never touched on this aspect of Ravana Thulsidoss never suggested Horns to Ravanan" etc" could you imagine the effects? I dare not. It would be disastrous Again பாட்டி சொன்ன புரியும் . Jambu:humble:

Last edited:
No. Sorry I am not showing it Dhanishita It is full of violence guns battle even the animation is frightening skeletons etc. I had found nice way to answer her which is full of fun & she is covinced that Ravana didnot have horns! Till my next posting on this keep guessing!

There is a village called Kombukaranethal (கொம்புகாரநேந்தல்) Near Manamadurai. தா.ந.கிருட்டினன் Ex DMK minister, brutally murder in front of his house in Madurai was from this place. M.K.Alagiri was accused & charged for this & set free by the courts. Jambu :sorry:

Dont worry..most of the pics in Amar Chitta Katha themselves have pics of violence and demons with horns..

even this clip below from animation Dashaavatar has killing,people being crushed to death...even though its a childrens animation

YouTube - Shri Rama Jai Rama Jai Jai Rama ( Must See )

Dear RenukaKarthikeyan

Killing and wars may not be or need not be bad for children You tell them the stories about wars etc. It is the way it is projected worries me. The idea or focus should be "Evil should be eliminated ". They are always symbolic. One is projected as Evil and the other as Savior. Like Ravana & Rama, Mahisasura & Durga. Soorasamhara of Tiruchendur etc Children love these stories and will read & listen to them several times Children are பச்ச மண்ணு . It for us to mold them properly Sorry still I will not show the video to Dhanishta .There is an universal accepted conscience. You are fighting a war say with Pakistan . Your are honored with Vir chakras for your efforts to victory The entire country is proud of you for what? Killing enemies. When you kill an enemy in war it is not killing for the pleasure of killing It is is your bounden duty But suppose you kill your neighbor? You may be hanged!

Dharma yudh is what children enjoy & should be told repetadly focusing more on the Dharma less on the war & not any (Adharma)Yudh. Knowledge & Science should be constructive efforts and never be destructive. Reality hurts Children live in Fantasy Give them their cup full They will enjoy.

Jambu:shocked::sorry:

Last edited:
Sri.Dr.Jambunathar,

Cheers!

Dear Raghy

As promised I will try to build some thing on ஜம்பு & கொம்பு Naturally you need more "bricks " to build upon this words to go with the rhyme. The following flashed in my mind.கம்பு வம்பு தெம்பு and a few more. தெம்பு immediately linked me to the prize winning slogan coined for Horlicks few decades back

"அன்னை தருவா அன்பு
Horlicks தருமே தெம்பு "
Now I know I can do it. But must do it well. I should go back 60 years in time machine to know how Dhanishta will feel about this. Click on the avatar icon in the computer in my head Select Dhanishta Click OK and start your backward journey on the time Machine!! Now I am ready Since Horlicks and oranges were associated with hospitals & the sick before Health Drink era I thought I will slightly change it to my taste.

அம்மா தருவா அன்பு
Boost குடிச்சா தெம்பு

தாதா பேரு ஜம்பு
பாட்டி பேரு வேம்பு

தாதாகில்லே கொம்பு
பாட்டி கைலே கம்பு

ஐய்ஐய்யோ
வோண்டாம் இந்த வம்பு
This seems to be very simple Nursery Rhyme I as Dhanishita liked it No morals Pure fun Many not even have meaning Conveys nothing Just Rhymes as they should be. Can be sung in ordinary tunes like Hickory Dickery Dock. This rhyme is inspired by Danishta (in me) for Dhanishta I Love. I can imagine the கூத்து when Dhanishta Challenges her frieds teasingly with this rhyme when she is back in school

Any improvement is welcome Jambu :horn:

Last edited:
Sir

That was interesting to see the reactions of a developing and inquisitive brain. I think this serves as a guide for all thaathas and paatis as to the precautions to be taken while narrating stories from our puranams.

Explaining how the ten heads and twenty hands were misused for abducting Seethai, the child gets exposed to the wicked deeds of the world like kidnap etc. The perception of a good sacred world might also be distorted, thereby instilling a fear psychosis, if the child is very emotional or sentimental. In my opinion, it would be better to just tell her that Ravana is "kettavan" and Lord Rama is "nallavar". This should do at this stage, till she grows a little more and understands the world in her own experiences and perceptions.

Dear Raghy

As promised I will try to build some thing on ஜம்பு & கொம்பு Naturally you need more "bricks " to build upon this words to go with the rhyme. The following flashed in my mind.கம்பு வம்பு தெம்பு and a few more. தெம்பு immediately linked me to the prize winning slogan coined for Horlicks few decades back

"அன்னை தருவா அன்பு
Horlicks தருமே தெம்பு "
Now I know I can do it. But must do it well. I should go back 60 years in time machine to know how Dhanishta will feel about this. Click on the avatar icon in the computer in my head Select Dhanishta Click OK and start your backward journey on the time Machine!! Now I am ready Since Horlicks and oranges were associated with hospitals & the sick before Health Drink era I thought I will slightly change it to my taste.

அம்மா தருவா அன்பு
Boost குடிச்சா தெம்பு

தாதா பேரு ஜம்பு
பாட்டி பேரு வேம்பு

தாதாகில்லே கொம்பு
பாட்டி கைலே கம்பு

ஐய்ஐய்யோ
வோண்டாம் இந்த வம்பு
This seems to be very simple Nursery Rhyme I as Dhanishita liked it No morals Pure fun Many not even have meaning Conveys nothing Just Rhymes as they should be. Can be sung in ordinary tunes like Hickory Dickery Dock. This rhyme is inspired by Danishta (in me) for Dhanishta I Love. I can imagine the கூத்து when Dhanishta Challenges her frieds teasingly with this rhyme when she is back in school

Any improvement is welcome Jambu :horn:
Dear

Since Dhanishta is leaving Madurai on Sunday and will back to school & hence Ravanan will also leave us & be free from our intrusions. I took fancy to Ravana because a figure with 10 heads 20 hand etc I felt is sure fire formula for fun for children. He did not disappoint me

I hope the above rhyme is fine for children of her age I did not have any feed back on this and I presume your approval.

Hope Dhanishta will have good numbers after her visit to Madurai when tested backhome with some scales on child development approved by American Association of Pediatrics or such similar bodies. Sure she will be back here next summer for fun and not in some child development summer school! Jambu:cheer2:

Sri.Dr.Jambunathar,

I was busy with shift work and could not come to the forum in the past week. I am sorry. Dhanishta is a very lucky child to have a grand father to think in her shoes! In my humble opinion, the rhyme written by you is great! I can see Dhanishta cherishing that as her own personal song for years to come. All of us in this forum are previleged to be a part of this affectionante moment. Thank you for providing that.

Cheers!

அம்மா/அப்பா தருவா அன்பு
Boost குடிச்சா தெம்பு

தாதா பேரு ஜம்பு
பாட்டி பேரு வேம்பு

தாதாகில்லே கொம்பும் வாலும்
பாட்டி கைலே கம்பும் பாம்பும்

ஐய்ஐய்யோ
வெண்டாம் இந்த வம்பும் சொம்பும் .

Before the curtain is pulled down the last posting. I was feeling guilty about lifting the two lines from Horlicks jingle Why not compensate them with another jingle!
ஹரஹரேஹரான்னா பக்தி
ஹர்லிக்ஸ்னா சக்தி
Jambu:whoo:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back