• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Quotable Quotes Part II

11612_10200954730333326_1763727902_n.jpg

Admirals extolled for standing still or
doing nothing with a deal of skill.
William Cowper.

Try doing these as well as they do,
before passing a nasty comment please!

The general was essential a man of peace
except in his domestic life.
Oscar Wilde

Well, he does not need the permission of the president or the parliament
for proving his valor at home-front!!! right???

It is called AIR, ONLY as long as it is silent and friendly.
When it starts moving it is called as wind.
When it moves faster and in circles it becomes a whirlwind.
More dimension and speed added can make it
a typhoon/a storm /a hurricane terrifyingly unfriendly. :fear:

#1128.
All images are imaginary illusions.
They serve no purpose except to
bloat the already bloated ego.
It is better to concentrate on a good character
than on the imaginary illusory images.
People can see through the image since
it is transparent or translucent and never ever opaque.

#1127.
Everyone knows self is sat-chit-anandham.
Why are we sad then?
We are unable to differentiate
the happy self from the unhappy body.
That is the real problem we face and
not the lack of knowledge about the self.

The pancha kosa or the five sheaths of a human body

th

Our physical body is the annamaya kosha- the outermost sheath.
We have to reach the Anandamaya kosha the innermost sheath
after crosing through the intermediate three koshas.
We do not know how to do it.
So we are happy to live, enjoy and take off from the annamaya kosha.

Aristotle

Anybody can become angry - that is easy but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose and right way - that is not in everybody's power and is not easy. :mad2:

Controlled anger is like controlled atomic reaction...
giving out creative energy and not damaging others. :flame:

It is the mark of an educated mind
to entertain a thought without accepting it. :decision:

Education and tolerance go hand in hand.
Often I think the purpose of education is
to teach people to tolerate things
they really DO NOT have to! :)

Quotes by Aristotle

Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbor to have them through envy.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.

Sounds like the secret recipe of Kung Fu panda's
father's famous preparation.
The secret is that there is no secret.
Everything is already there in us.
We rediscover them by uncovering them
or removing the covering of our ignorance.

I have been advised to reduce the time spent on lap top and desk top!
I will try to keep this thread alive by posting once in a week or so!
Suddenly all the other contributors also disappeared.
I have enough quotations to last me for a life time but
I am concentrating on completing Vinayaka puraaNam
and running short of time to type other fresh posts.
Quotable Quotes II will bring occasional quotes
and not regular quotes as in the past.

Madam,

Do not worry...I shall strive to keep this alive

I was traveling a lot last month…I am back with a set of quotes by Michael Faraday (1791-1867)..He is an Englishman… He had some basic school education and has educated himself…He is famous for his stellar contributions in the areas of Electrolysis and Electromagnetic induction.. Faraday also invented a simple Bunsen burner, coined terms such as electrode, cathode, anode and ion, discovered benzene and investigated the nature of chlorine. He was one of the role models for Einstein.

The five essential entrepreneurial skills for success are concentration, discrimination, organization, innovation and communication.

Michael Faraday (1791-1867)

Francis Bacon in his instruction tells us that the scientific student ought not to be as the ant, who gathers merely, nor as the spider who spins from her own bowels, but rather as the bee who both gathers and produces. All this is true of the teaching afforded by any part of physical science. Electricity is often called wonderful, beautiful; but it is so only in common with the other forces of nature. The beauty of electricity or of any other force is not that the power is mysterious, and unexpected, touching every sense at unawares in turn, but that it is under law, and that the taught intellect can even now govern it largely. The human mind is placed above, and not beneath it, and it is in such a point of view that the mental education afforded by science is rendered super-eminent in dignity, in practical application and utility; for by enabling the mind to apply the natural power through law, it conveys the gifts of God to man.

The secret is comprised in three words — Work, finish, publish. (On his success as a scientific investigator)

There is no more open door by which you can enter into the study of natural philosophy than by considering the physical phenomena of a candle

Madam,

Do not worry...I shall strive to keep this alive

I was traveling a lot last month…I am back with a set of quotes by Michael Faraday (1791-1867)..He is an Englishman… He had some basic school education and has educated himself…He is famous for his stellar contributions in the areas of Electrolysis and Electromagnetic induction.. Faraday also invented a simple Bunsen burner, coined terms such as electrode, cathode, anode and ion, discovered benzene and investigated the nature of chlorine. He was one of the role models for Einstein.

:welcome: and thank you Mr. V :pray2:
for breathing fresh life into this thread.

I understand your problems,
since most of you have your jobs
and are NOT the retired-but-not-tired
people like some of us here. :)

Latest ads

Back