• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

questions wandering in my head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I don't mean to oppose these ideas so much... I'm just mentioning things that seem illogical to me.

understanding karma fully is obviously beyond our human capacities. but I feel that with karma, it's easy to say that this is the way it is .... and when it comes to things we cannot explain -- then it is beyond us.... but we should still accept it completely.

True, I understand how some people may choose a life of suffering in order to journey towards God.
But in the case of victims of the holocaust, natural disasters, famine, slavery -- these individuals did not choose a life of suffering, it was given to them.
Given...not only to one or two people ... but rather, thousands and thousands at a time. I feel these incidences cannot be ignored -- not just in terms of unnatural deaths but also in terms of suffering (that was not chosen). Attributing these deaths to karma seems to assert that there are no innocent victims of crime. Thus ( sometimes) ideas of justice are made to accuse the innocent and exonerate the guilty.

Hey no need to say sorry..your questions are very valid and thought provoking.
Without Questions ..how can there be answers? So keep questioning and you will help all of us find answers.

When I wrote some people chose a life of suffering I wasnt talking about those who chose to make their lifes difficult in the present birth but rather a life of so called suffering is chosen by them prior to their birth.
It is belived that we chose the birth best suited for working out our Karmic Balance and some higher souls chose to 'burn' up the Karmic Balance...more later..i am having some internet line problem..line is too slow now.

There is a genuineness in the statement. Karma literally means "deed or act" but more
broadly describes the principle of cause and effect. Sometimes Karma is misunderstood
as fate. Karma is neither fate nor predetermination. To say, normally there is a
tendency to feel sad at the time of crisis only. Why God has done this to me?

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Love Without Limits
Reports from the relationship frontier
by Deborah Anapol, Ph.D.
What Is Love?
Love is inherently free. It cannot be bought, sold, or traded.
Published on November 25, 2011 by Deborah Anapol, Ph.D. in Love Without Limits
Love is a force of nature. However much we may want to, we can not command, demand, or disappear love, any more than we can command the moon and the stars and the wind and the rain to come and go according to our whims. We may have some limited ability to change the weather, but we do so at the risk of upsetting an ecological balance we don't fully understand. Similarly, we can stage a seduction or mount a courtship, but the result is more likely to be infatuation, or two illusions dancing together, than love.

Love is bigger than you are. You can invite love, but you cannot dictate how, when, and where love expresses itself. You can choose to surrender to love, or not, but in the end love strikes like lightening, unpredictable and irrefutable. You can even find yourself loving people you don't like at all. Love does not come with conditions, stipulations, addendums, or codes. Like the sun, love radiates independently of our fears and desires.

Love is inherently free. It cannot be bought, sold, or traded. You cannot make someone love you, nor can you prevent it, for any amount of money. Love cannot be imprisoned nor can it be legislated. Love is not a substance, not a commodity, nor even a marketable power source. Love has no territory, no borders, no quantifiable mass or energy output.

One can buy sex partners and even marriage partners. Marriage is a matter for the law, for rules and courts and property rights. In the past the marriage price, or dowry, and in the present alimony and the pre-nuptial agreement, make it clear that marriage is all about contracts. But as we all know, marriages, whether arranged or not, may have little enough to do with love.

Sexual stimulation and gratification, whether by way of fingers, mouths, objects, fantasy play, whips and chains, or just plain intercourse, can certainly be bought and sold, not to mention used to sell other things. Whether sex should be for sale is another question entirely, but love itself can not be sold.

One can buy loyalty, companionship, attention, perhaps even compassion, but love itself cannot be bought. An orgasm can be bought, but love cannot. It comes, or not, by grace, of its own will and in its own timing, subject to no human's planning.

Love cannot be turned on as a reward. It cannot be turned off as a punishment. Only something else pretending to be love can be used as a lure, as a hook, for bait and switch, imitated, insinuated, but the real deal can never be delivered if it doesn't spring freely from the heart.

This doesn't mean that love allows destructive and abusive behaviors to go unchecked. Love speaks out for justice and protests when harm is being done. Love points out the consequences of hurting oneself or others. Love allows room for anger, grief, or pain to be expressed and released. But love does not threaten to withhold itself if it doesn't get what it wants. Love does not say, directly or indirectly, "If you are a bad boy, Mommy won't love you any more." Love does not say, "Daddy's little girl doesn't do that." Love does not say, "If you want to be loved you must be nice, or do what I want, or never love anyone else, or promise you'll never leave me."

Love cares what becomes of you because love knows that we are all interconnected. Love is inherently compassionate and empathic. Love knows that the "other" is also oneself. This is the true nature of love and love itself can not be manipulated or restrained. Love honors the sovereignty of each soul. Love is its own law.

Last edited:
ctfxc,
Beautiful posting #128.

Would you explain the meaning of the word "LOVE" in personal terms, not in flowery language borrowed.
The earthly love as opposed to "love of God" is a changing and evolving feeling for an individual through out their life.
Sometimes "love" and "hate" are opposite sides of the same coin.
If I remember correctly you are still looking. I would suggest that you lower your expectations, else you will be disappointed. LOL

As far as I know, one's personal appearance, education, occupation, family background, social status, and the like are 'looked at' by most people who are on the verge of taking a decision to get married to a suitable person. May be, in the case of some 'love marriages', if it happens, some of these factors are overlooked and then, the parties are forced to 'reconcile' themselves to the differences. There was a time 'marriages' were considered to be a 'sacred tie' and had to be entered into with a lot of caution by matching compatibility, but in these days of 'contractual' relationship, with an easy 'way out' provided by the 'divorce' law allowing for 'divorce by mutual consent' or, even unilaterally, by one of the parties claiming that there has been 'an irretrievable breakdown of marriage by reason of irreconcilable differences', marriages are no longer a life-time affair with the couple weathering the strains of marriage and family.

I have always been puzzled by this doctrine of 'karma' associated with the 'individual soul' in the Hindu schools of thought. If this doctrine does hold good as per the individual perception of reality, as the writer above puts it, then why is the 'individual soul' quite unaware of its 'previous karma' in the 'present life'? Why is it unaware of where it is headed after death by reason of its 'karma in this life'? How is the 'individual soul' to 'correct' and 'redeem' itself if it is quite unaware both its previous life and also, where it is headed? How would it even know that it is headed for the 'bliss of Brahman' in such a state of ignorance?

If one peruses in different angles, it gives different views. To start with a boy and a girl
sweet love, romantic love, heartwarmers, flirting feelings, sensual tease, etc. Some say
love is seen as disposable, lasting only for a very short time. If you see frankly, you can
say that it is a unique blend of affection, loyalty, respect, trust and sometimes truck loads
of merry making funs with nears and dears. When you come to Scriptures, it is a purposeful
commitment towards the God to reach HIM through the correct and rigid spiritual path without
any wavering ideas and thoughts.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

ctfxc,
Beautiful posting #128.

Would you explain the meaning of the word "LOVE" in personal terms, not in flowery language borrowed.
The earthly love as opposed to "love of God" is a changing and evolving feeling for an individual through out their life.
Sometimes "love" and "hate" are opposite sides of the same coin.
If I remember correctly you are still looking. I would suggest that you lower your expectations, else you will be disappointed. LOL

you're completely right, I think I need to grow UP... or rather wake up... away from this flowery nonsense. Maybe it's just a phase. :)

you're completely right, I think I need to grow UP... or rather wake up... away from this flowery nonsense. Maybe it's just a phase. :)

Knowing is half the battle, accepting and finding the solution is the rest. Best of luck.
To me a marriage is a lot of compromise, but you must have respect for the partner and absolute trust. Commitment to that principle is love. We all expect reciprocal response from our partner.

dear friends,
falling in love- at the pace we work, no way.
love is full time job. you have to hang around and waste ,sorry spend time and money too.
if you hang around for love where do we get the money to spend? from pop!!
at my time i could not afford to wait around for this. had to make money and also spend time on career growth.
may be i am rusty and not modern enough to understand this banter.
bye
eswaran

A true love is nothing but an intense affection for another person on familiarity
or personal close ties. We love someone because he/she (including family members)
takes care of us particularly in times of crisis not that when we have money or wealth.
We love someone of our ages, sometimes even younger ones, because they make fun
and relish. We continue to love our children both through good and bad times. But
God's Love is difficult to attain, HIS love is unconditional and entirely different from
human love.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Mr. Bala,
Is it God's love or Love of God.
If you define God as all pervading Atman or Brahmam then God's love is there for all without any exception.
We have to have the faith in God and that commitment to that principle is love. If we are successful in our mission of self realization that is our salvation.

I do not expect anything from God, as I have all the means available to me, I just need to apply it.
In love there should not be any expectation from other party. Expectation from other party leads to disappointment. Unconditional love is what we need to practice.
For instance if a child or spouse become totally vegetative state, we do not abandon them as they can not reciprocate. As love is unconditional.

dear friends,
falling in love- at the pace we work, no way.
love is full time job. you have to hang around and waste ,sorry spend time and money too.
if you hang around for love where do we get the money to spend? from pop!!
at my time i could not afford to wait around for this. had to make money and also spend time on career growth.
may be i am rusty and not modern enough to understand this banter.
bye
eswaran
Love is full time job period, before, during and after marriage. If you are not married, learn. If you are married then better repair it. either way you are in for some rude awakening. LOL

Questions wandering in my head

Thank you Sir for an interesting query. Is it God's Love or Love of God.
These can be expressed like this. Firstly we must have unconditional with
complete confidence love towards HIM to seek HIS bliss. If we do this
sincerely, I am sure HE will certainly love us one day or the other and we can
see the result of it either directly or through HIS blessings coming through someone.
Our method of worship is like Bhajan, Pujas, etc is a way of expressing our
love towards God. We chant Slokas/Stotras, etc in accordance with one's choice
of Ishta Devatha to seek his blessings. I do not think there is any need to submit
our demands to HIM as HE is aware of HIS Baktha's requirement.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back