• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Query about getting mottai done at the time of my daughter's ear piercing ceremony..

Hello.

I am Swarna..

I was blessed with a baby girl in March 2016. We have gone through her first mottai ceremony on 5th December 2017 at tiruannamalai which was accompanied by me & our family. At the time of her first mottai ceremony we didn't got her ear piercing ceremony.

Now we are planning for getting her ear piercing ceremony before March 2019 (ie.. before she attains age 3). So for that we are thinking of conducting that ceremony in thaipusum month.

Now my dialema & confusion is.. should I have to get my mottai done along with her at the time of her ear piercing ceremony.

I have discussed about such dialema & confusion with my family & for that they said.. we have already gone through ritual mottai at the time of her first mottai ceremony. Now if you are willing or feeling like doing so you can get it done along.

It means their is no such compulsion that I have to get my mottai done along at the time of her ear piercing ceremony.. & there is no such restrictions that I don't have to get my mottai done at the time of her ear piercing ceremony.

Everything is left on me & my wish/ choice...but by this my dialema & confusion is Increasing as the time is getting closer..so thought of discussing about this with our community members.

Please help me out for getting a way in this situation.

There is no compulsion for mottai now. you may celebrate only ear piercing ceremony/.

Yes.. there is no such compuosion for getting mottai done now at the time of my daughter's ear piercing ceremony..

But my daughter's ear piercing ceremony would be followed by her mottai.. & if at that moment if I too felt like getting mottai done along with her then what should I do in such situation.. my actual dialema is that only.. that what should I do in that situation at that moment

As far as I know, there is no need for mottai, with kādhu kuththu ceremony.

Now a days they are done separately on auspicious days.

If you are very particular to have both together, you can go ahead.

So, don't worry. Do as per your wish.

Mrs. Raji Ram

As far as I know, there is no need for mottai, with kādhu kuththu ceremony.

Now a days they are done separately on auspicious days.

If you are very particular to have both together, you can go ahead.

So, don't worry. Do as per your wish.

Mrs. Raji Ram

Thank you for clarifying my doubt on that ceremony.

Latest ads

Back