• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Query about chanting shlokas for someone else

Hello All,

I am a newbie to this forum and hence not aware of some things.
My son has some health issues for which someone suggested chanting some verses from Soundarya Lahari. While I strongly believe in the power of our Vedic chants and shlokas, there is one thing I wanted to understand better. How does chanting a mantra benefit my son? I understand it will be beneficial to me, but wanted to understand how it wil help my son here. (My son is just 3 and cannot chant the prayers). Do I have to have him next to me and chant the mantras in his ear?

In addition, I understand this is best done in the mornings. Since I have to go to office on weekdays, can I chant them when I am doing my morning activities.

Note: I don't intend to ridicule our practices in this post, but just wanted to understand things better.

Best Regards,
AI

https://upliftconnect.com/neuroscience-and-the-sanskrit-effect/

Western researchers reveal why children who memorize Sanskrit mantras become super intelligent as they grow up*

Neuroscience shows how rigorous memorizing can help the brain. The term the ‘Sanskrit Effect’ was coined by neuroscientist James Hartzell, who studied 21 professionally qualified Sanskrit pundits. He discovered that memorizing Vedic mantras increases the size of brain regions associated with cognitive function, including short and long-term memory. This finding corroborates the beliefs of the Indian tradition which holds that memorizing and reciting mantras enhances memory and thinking.

Hello All,

My son has some health issues for which someone suggested chanting some verses from Soundarya Lahari. While I strongly believe in the power of our Vedic chants and shlokas, there is one thing I wanted to understand better. How does chanting a mantra benefit my son? I understand it will be beneficial to me, but wanted to understand how it wil help my son here. (My son is just 3 and cannot chant the prayers). Do I have to have him next to me and chant the mantras in his ear?

In addition, I understand this is best done in the mornings. Since I have to go to office on weekdays, can I chant them when I am doing my morning activities.

Note: I don't intend to ridicule our practices in this post, but just wanted to understand things better.

Best Regards,
AI
You do what is best for your circumstances.
Wish your child a speedy recovery.

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 9, Verse 26
पत्रं पुष्पं फलं तोयं यो मे भक्त्या प्रयच्छति |
तदहं भक्त्युपहृतमश्नामि प्रयतात्मन: || 26||

patraṁ puṣhpaṁ phalaṁ toyaṁ yo me bhaktyā prayachchhati
tadahaṁ bhaktyupahṛitam aśhnāmi prayatātmanaḥ

BG 9.26: If one offers to Me with devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit, or even water, I delightfully partake of that article offered with love by My devotee in pure consciousness.

Hello All,

Best Regards,
AI
Greetings Sir,

When we recite anything, it generates a certain frequency..just like when we play music it also produces a frequency.

When you recite mantras, firstly you have an intention for it to help your son..so right away you have started a frequency which has an intention..it would help your son too..if you say it will help you..your son has 50% of your DNA..isnt your son too part of you?
So it would reach him too.

Coming to outcome, this is where one needs full surrender to accept the outcome and at the same time do not neglect medical treatment.

Some people have not healed from chantings but all the efforts surely got deposited in their accounts and it would have benefited them in some unseen way.

So keep chanting with total surrender and may your child get well soon and do not neglected medical treatment.

Medicines treat the physical body and mantras heal the subtle body..health of both are needed for general well being.

If your son is unwell, let him rest and not make him sit through your chanting if its very long.
Or you can make him sit with you for a while then let him sleep or play nearby you.

Latest ads

Back