• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Queries regarding evening sandhyavandanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody,
It is since last 4 months or so when I started performing sandhyavandanam through the video downloaded from youtube. I am trying to do exactly as demonstrated in the video.

However, I have few questions if anyone could answer:-

Is it right performing the entire procedure with sitting direction towards the west?

Or we have to perform entire procedure sitting towards west direction except achamanam which is to be performed facing either north or east.

Will be eager to know the answers.
Thanks,
Jairam

The rule for Sandhayvandhanam is common to all. Generaly the sandyavanthanam constis two parts i.e Poorvabagam and Uthasra bagam.
In poorva bagam upto argyam to Kesavathi swadasanamam and navagraham. The uthara bagam consists of doing japam.
Aachaman to be done only in facing north or east. south and west is not to do aachanaman,
Upto prokshanam i.e aapohisstathi you should do facing towaqrds narth in the evening then the argam 3 plus 1 to be given facing
west. againaachamanam facing North. then kesvathi argayam facing wests. Japam and utharabagam facing we4st only
evcening japam to be done only in sitting position put your hands towards nabi or hirudhayam
then the poastanam facing in the west. dhig davatha namaskarim will wtart from varunan i.e west anc complete in Nirutithi.
other things as susval. do namaskaram kayeavacha abivathanam facing west. nif u havesitll any doubt you can post.

Rajappa Namakkal

I would suggest you to buy a copy of "Thrivedhi Smartha Sandyavandhanam" by Srivathsa Somadeva Sarma. It gives clear instructions and clear all your doubts.

R.Ramaswami

Thanks

The rule for Sandhayvandhanam is common to all. Generaly the sandyavanthanam constis two parts i.e Poorvabagam and Uthasra bagam.
In poorva bagam upto argyam to Kesavathi swadasanamam and navagraham. The uthara bagam consists of doing japam.
Aachaman to be done only in facing north or east. south and west is not to do aachanaman,
Upto prokshanam i.e aapohisstathi you should do facing towaqrds narth in the evening then the argam 3 plus 1 to be given facing
west. againaachamanam facing North. then kesvathi argayam facing wests. Japam and utharabagam facing we4st only
evcening japam to be done only in sitting position put your hands towards nabi or hirudhayam
then the poastanam facing in the west. dhig davatha namaskarim will wtart from varunan i.e west anc complete in Nirutithi.
other things as susval. do namaskaram kayeavacha abivathanam facing west. nif u havesitll any doubt you can post.

Rajappa Namakkal

Thanks Raja Sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back