• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marriage queries annoy single Indian women most: Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

A total of 7,486 single men and women in the age group of 21 to 34 across the country were surveyed by the service, provided by www.shaadi.com, to understand the most frequently asked questions about 'being single' that annoy them.

According to the survey, as many as 49.1% of the 4,310 women surveyed were annoyed by "When are you getting married?", followed by 39.4% who were irritated by "You are settled and independent, why aren't you getting married?" while 11.5% of the women respondents found "You should have kids by now" annoying.

When 3,176 single Indian men were asked about the most annoying things they hear frequently, 47.6% picked "You are settled in your career, why aren't you getting married?"

This was followed by 43.3 of the respondents getting annoyed at "Get married, you will become responsible", and 9.1% who were tired of hearing "You need someone to take care of you, get married".

According to Premanshu Singh, assistant vice president and head - Emerging Business, Select Shaadi, the survey suggests that "Indian parents still consider marriage to be a sign of maturity, responsibility and dependability".

Marriage queries annoy single Indian women most: Survey - Hindustan Times

indian singles after 25 [girls] and 28[boys] have a miserable existence.

they are not welcome in social circles without a spouse.

most are most curious to know why they are that way leading to embarrassing questions,like why, unsolicited advice pointing out advantages and plus points of marriage

marriage has nothing to do with maturity, responsibility or dependability .

if one examines the state of marriages , one sees most married complain about irresponsibility and dependability of spouses to deliver anything satisfactorily.

most old timers both men and women suffer silently in oppressive marriage relationships with no way out.

the extent of dysfunctionality varies but one theme is recurrent

most are in dead marriages or in a state of comatose with no means of escape

materialistic pursuits or children keep couple together to some extent .

when children go away or material needs are fulfilled ,then what?

youngsters are a bit lucky.

they separate if a marriage does not work and they move on

they have the courage and economic strength to be single and carry on .

society needs to not look down on singles and give them space in society to carry on like normal married people

they are single by their own choice many times and are enjoying it also

have you thought about it this way ?

As Indian women we are always bombarded with questions through out our lives mostly by other females.

When we are young..we are asked "why are you not married yet?"

After we are married we are asked "why are you not pregnant yet?"

Then when we have a child or children we are asked "When are planning another child?"

If we have a son..we are asked "Why do you not want to have daughter?"

If we have a daughter ..we are asked "why do you not have a son?"

I have only a 1 child..a son and I keep getting asked non stop why I only have 1 child and why no daughter.

So now when I get asked this question I ask them back "Why are you only having 1 husband?"

That shuts everyone up!LOL

Last edited:
As Indian women we are always bombarded with questions through out our lives mostly by other females.

So here are some some of the suggested answers

When we are young..we are asked "why are you not married yet?" " Because i find men like your husband Ugly "

After we are married we are asked "why are you not pregnant yet?" "Oh becasue we never do it during ovulation time "
"
Then when we have a child or children we are asked "When are planning another child?" "When the first one becomes 16"

If we have a son..we are asked "Why do you not want to have daughter?" "because i dont want her to become like you"

If we have a daughter ..we are asked "why do you not have a son?" "well you see i did have one he had a sex change operation"

I have only a 1 child..a son and I keep getting asked non stop why I only have 1 child and why no daughter.

So now when I get asked this question I ask them back "Why are you only having 1 husband?" ( i can hear them murmuring under their breath 'B***h'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So now when I get asked this question I ask them back "Why are you only having 1 husband?"

Dear Renuka,

Some are meant to be one. People can have many children. But there cannot be many husbands and many wives. The golden rule is when there is competition among equal relationships all do not get equal importance and hence there is room for disgruntlement and the arrangement suffers. This is not in the case of parent children relationship as the crucial difference is the relationships are purely emotional.

Dear Renuka,

Some are meant to be one. People can have many children. But there cannot be many husbands and many wives. The golden rule is when there is competition among equal relationships all do not get equal importance and hence there is room for disgruntlement and the arrangement suffers. This is not in the case of parent children relationship as the crucial difference is the relationships are purely emotional.

Dear Sravna,

You see when we are trying to make someone stop questioning us..its best to say things that make people think "why on earth I asked her any question"!LOL

The best is when you talk about death...and everyone gets real scared.

When we are young..we are asked "why are you not married yet?"

After we are married we are asked "why are you not pregnant yet?"

Then when we have a child or children we are asked "When are planning another child?"

If we have a son..we are asked "Why do you not want to have daughter?"

If we have a daughter ..we are asked "why do you not have a son?"

in a open society everyone is open to scrutiny

ladies more so '

they become more answerable than men

in fact ladies are blamed if they cannot get married when they are young , or get a male child or even more than one child.

there is no answer to this.

one has to be selective in relationships

there is something called reserve

one builds up inner strength to draw a wall around oneself

one can trace the problems ladies face to their quest for higher education and career aspirations lleading to postponement of normal desires for cohabitation and

procreation.

when modern ladies are busy chasing their other agenda , their biological clocks tick away .

when they need to think of a mate , they think who will put up with theircareer goals and let them pursue them unhindered

when it is bearing children,they think of lost career oppurtunities and lost lakhs of rupees by way of salaries

it is a real dilemma

what is the ultimate path for reasonable happiness .?

what should be sacrificed for good life?

only those who go thru it might know , I suppose

The question when some one is asked, will you have one more wife, must be opening up a dream sequence in the mind of the subject. Oh wat great dreams he must be dreaming, as to how beautiful his new wife will be !!!

Ask a man today his wish list, he will list out a long list of candidates ranging from Aishwariya to Sulochana

So what is wrong if a women is asked the same question. ( of course the caveat being in either case is that you need not disclose this.... then see the difference)

renuka ji...will u have another husband if u have another child?

Dear sir,

Nice idea for a 2nd husband....but you see why go thru another pregnancy all over again? Men dont give birth and wake up at night to look after a baby and then have to work around the clock in a hospital without sleep being on call..its not easy.

So I rather let my husband take another wife so that the other wife does all the child bearing and my 2nd husband just joins my harem!LOL

I believe in equality..so my husband too should take another wife!

My co wife's child is also like my child isnt it? becos the child is related to my 1st husband and I am related thru marriage to my 1st husband and the 2nd husband is also related to my co wife's child via marriage thru me...so in this arrangement I got a child too!

If the 2nd husband wants his own biological child he can use the services of my co wife for child bearing!LOL

You see this is mine and that is yous in only for the small minded..for the large hearted the whole world is your family! Vasuidhaiva Kutumbakam!LOL

Jealousy wont be a problem becos at the end of the day the whole world is just a projection of the mind.Everything is Maya and an illusion. Technically there are no spouses..everyone is the same Atma..that means we only marry our own selves! So where is the question of 1st husband or 2nd husband or multiple wives or even children for the matter?? Nothing right?

Its Shunya..yet it feels like Sarvasya Purnam!

Note: this reply is just for fun...I am not advocating Polyandry or Polygamy for those who are not keen for it as it remains illegal in many parts of the world.

I hope RR ji does not get a shock reading this.

Ramki ji...you asked me a question and you got your answer!LOL

Last edited:
we have developed a thick skin .

nothing shocks /surprises us

we are tamil brahmins

we will quote from the scriptures to justify renukaji post and let her have her fun

poor thing she has no time as she is loaded with treatment of the sick in her clinic with a demanding home life without servants to help.

so she takes it out on members of this forum when sai does not come to her rescue.lol

we will quote from the scriptures to justify renukaji post and let her have her fun

poor thing she has no time as she is loaded with treatment of the sick in her clinic with a demanding home life without servants to help.

so she takes it out on members of this forum when sai does not come to her rescue.lol

Ha Ha Ha... Ramki ji asked me a question..so I had to think of an answer!LOL

There is an unwritten rule that for any successful writing adventure there has to be 4 elements..that is :

1)Royalty

2)Sex

3)Religion

4)Mystery.

So my reply to Ramki ji has all these elements.

Royalty becos I have used the word Harem..thats a royal scenario

Sex becos there is Polyandary/Polygamy in the scene

Religion becos there is back up religious quotation support for the scenario.

Mystery..that's for the readers to wonder how this scenario will work out.

So far I see that I have managed to interest RRji and Krish ji,..lets see what Ramki Ji has to say.

BTW Krish ji..in life no one comes to anyone's rescue..we rescue ourselves. Life is not about calling out to anyone to rescue us.

Stories like Gajendra Moksha only happen in Puranas..in real life we fight with the crocodile ourselves.

There are no question and there are no answers to this..the answer is the question itself.

life is about bonding with many .

it is about taking a few down with you while going down.lol

also sometimes you might even raise the level of few around you with when you reach out to them.

so united we sink together or alone many times with a few exceptions when we raise to higher levels leaving others far behind.

there is no need to fight crocodiles . crocodiles are attractive . I do not know their preferances whether they love humans or find them delicious

here's a lighter look at the whole subject...narrated by a single lady i guess :)

I always hated weddings because the elderly would come over and poke me saying "You're next.". They stopped doing it when I started doing it to them at funerals.

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

'aduththadhu un kalyAna sAppAduthAn!' is the way people usually tease youngsters in the marriage market.

Now a days they should be more careful! The youngster might retort mentioning about 'paththu sAppadu!' :(

here's a lighter look at the whole subject...narrated by a single lady i guess :)

I always hated weddings because the elderly would come over and poke me saying "You're next.". They stopped doing it when I started doing it to them at funerals.

LOL!

I am reminded of an incident that happened at a funeral of my relative.

One annoying husband of my aunt was grumbling to me that he feels no one in his wife's side respects him.

He then pointed to all my aunts saying "see how they are..all talking with each other..no one respects me..I am the mappilai of the house and yet no one respects me"

He is actually a grandfather and still considers himself a Mappillai!LOL

I got sick and tired of hearing him complain that too at a funeral.

Finally I got fed up. I told him "today is the funeral of Mr so and so..Therefore he gets all the respect today..you wait for your turn!"

He stopped complaining right away!LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back