• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Prayashitta for not doing Sandyavandanam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

As per Sagaleyar, no remedies (Prayachitham) are available for Sins committed knowingly. However, Manu has modified that Remedies can be performed even for sins that has been committed knowingly (only for certain sins).

I understand that there is a provision during Avani Avittam (Kamo karsheeth japa) to seek pardon for not doing Sandhya vandhanam on exceptional basis. In your case, it has been not done regularly and you are aware of it.

It is better to start and continue this on regular basis with dedication & determination. All the best!

Hi,

As per Sagaleyar, no remedies (Prayachitham) are available for Sins committed knowingly. However, Manu has modified that Remedies can be performed even for sins that has been committed knowingly (only for certain sins).

I understand that there is a provision during Avani Avittam (Kamo karsheeth japa) to seek pardon for not doing Sandhya vandhanam on exceptional basis. In your case, it has been not done regularly and you are aware of it.

It is better to start and continue this on regular basis with dedication & determination. All the best!

What we are supposed to do is to recite "कामॊ अकार्षीत् मन्युरकार्षीत् (kāmo akārṣīt manyurakārṣīt) 1008 times. This literally means kāma (lust) caused that to be done (செய்யும்படி பண்ணித்து); manyu (anger) caused that to be done (செய்யும்படி பண்ணித்து). What a nice way of shifting the blame!!

Some "learned" vaadhyars now print the guidelines for āvaṇi aviṭṭam and write 'kāmo akārṣīt manyurakārṣīt namo nama:'. When I enquired I got the answer that we are prostrating to the two great rishis kāmokā and manyurakā so that their blessings will free us from all the sins committed during the previous AA (āvaṇi aviṭṭam) year!!

"I got the answer that we are prostrating to the two great rishis kāmokā and manyurakā so that their blessings will free us from all the sins committed during the previous AA (āvaṇi aviṭṭam) year!!"

How preposterous of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back