• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Praveen Swami leaves The Hindu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naina_Marbus

There was a time when nobody left The Hindu.

Now the opposite seems to be happening. A few months after the abrupt departure of Siddharth Vardarajan and Arun Ananth, comes the news of the re-departure of Praveen Swami and the heavyweight Rural Affairs Editor P. Sainath. Something is obviously wrong with the Mahavishnu of Mount Road, as the paper is called. Another senior person who exited last week was Dr A Srivathsan, senior Deputy Editor with the paper.

Praveen Swami who was the Hindu’s Strategic Affairs Editor & Resident Editor has joined Indian Express as National Editor, Strategic & International Affairs, P Sainath will be working on few rural projects and Dr A Srivathsan has moved back to academia.

Praveen Swami mailed to colleagues at the time of resigning, “The last few months have not been pleasant, for reasons all of you are aware of, and I decided it was best to use my energies doing journalism, not fighting battles that serve no purpose for anyone. I owe an apology to the fine young reporters as well as eminent senior colleagues who I could not protect from shabby treatment. Though none of the decisions were mine, they happened on my watch, and for that I owe you an apology.”……….. (and) differences cropped up between Sainath and the editorial after some of his articles were not published.

N Ravi, Editor-in- Chief of The Hindu in an email response …. (said) that Sainath and Praveen Swami unfortunately did not fit into their roles they were assigned.

Praveen Swami’s reaction … “He is completely right, we didn’t fit in- though I am not sure it’s a criticism. There might be plenty of places it might be quite difficult for sane people to fit in. Seriously, Editors have every right to set a vision, and we didn’t fit into it. Most serious journalists wouldn’t.”

The Hindu responds to allegations- Sainath and Praveen Swami did not fit into their roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back