• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Points to ponder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
சிந்தையில் நிற்கும் விந்தை மனிதர்கள்.

# 344. Money saver bible!

"தூக்கமே வருவதில்லை!" என்று டாக்டரிடம் போனாராம் !

"எல்லாப் பிரச்சனைகளுக்கும் கீதையில் விடை உண்டு.

அதை உபயோகியுங்கள்" என்று சொன்னார் டாக்டர்.

அடுத்தமுறை சென்றபோது சொன்னார் டாக்டரிடம்,

"நீங்கள் சொன்னது நூற்றுக்கு நூறு உண்மை.

கீதையை உபயோகித்தால் ஐந்து நிமிடங்களில்

ஆழ்ந்த உறக்கம் வந்து விடுகிறது! மிகவும் நன்றி. :sleep:

அதைத் தான் தலையணையாக வைத்துக் கொள்கின்றேன்!":)

ஒரு நண்பி தன் பைபிள் புத்தகத்தை ஒரு சிறு

பெட்டிபோல மாற்றி அமைத்து இருந்தார்.

குடலைக் குடைந்து குழியாக்கி அதில் நிறையப் பணம்!

என்ன அதிசயம் பாருங்கள். :shocked:

பொருட்களை எல்லாம் களவாடியவன்

"போனால் போகட்டும்!" என்று அந்த

பைபிளை மட்டும் விட்டுச் சென்று இருந்தான்.

மற்ற பொருட்கள் தொலைந்தாலும் பணம் தப்பியது.

Moral of these two incidents...

Religious books can be beneficially

used by us in more than one way.
:rolleyes:

கொஞ்சிக் கொஞ்சிப் பேசி…

தேவை இன்றி அழுகின்ற ஆண்களையும்,
தேவை இன்றிச் சிரிக்கும் பெண்களையும்,
நம்பக்கூடாது என்பார் அறிவுடையோர்.
நல்ல பயனுள்ள அறிவுரைதான் இது.

அவசியம் இன்றி அதிகப் பணிவுடன்,
அழகிய ஒரு சிறு குழந்தை போலக்
கொஞ்சிக் கொஞ்சிப் பேசி மயக்கும்
வஞ்சியர்களிடம்
உ ஷார்! உ ஷார்!

வஞ்சகமாக ஒரு வலை விரிக்கவே,
கொஞ்சிக் கெஞ்சுவர் சில வஞ்சியர்.
வலையில் சிக்கினால் நாம், சிலந்தி
வலையில் சிக்கின ஒரு பூச்சிதான்.

வில் வணக்கம் தீங்கு குறிப்பது போன்றே,
சொல் வணக்கமும் தீங்கைக் குறிக்கும்.
வெளித் தோற்றத்துக்கு மயங்கிவிடும்
வெகுளிகளின் கதியோ அதோகதி!

சின்ன மீன்களைப் போட்டுப் பிடிப்பார்கள்
சில மனிதர்கள், மிகப் பெரிய மீன்களை;
கொள்ளை கொள்ளும் சிரிப்பால் மயக்கிக்
கொள்ளை அடிப்பார் சில வஞ்சியர்.

காரணம் இன்றிக் குழைவோரிடம் மிக
கவனமாகவே நீங்கள் இருந்திடுங்கள்.
காரியம் ஆகவேண்டியே நடிக்கும் அந்த
காரிகைகள் வாழ்வினை அழித்திடுவர்.

விழிப்புடன் இருந்தால் மட்டுமே
பிழைத்துக் கொள்ள முடியும்.
வழுக்கிவிட்டோம் எனில் வாழ்வே
நழுவிப் போய்விடும் அல்லவா?

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.
Source<visalramani.wordpress.com>

Last edited:
கொஞ்சிக் கொஞ்சிப் பேசி…

ஆண்கள் ஏய்க்கும்போது

பாடவேண்டிய பாட்டு
இது

"சிரித்து சிரித்து என்னைக் கழு
த்தறுத்தாய்!"

A man can't carry the Gods

but a monkey can!
:thumb:

hanumanwallpaper.jpg

அலகில்லா விளையாட்டுடையான் = கடவுள்.

குழந்தை ஏன் மணல் வீடு கட்டுகின்றது ?

ஏன் அதை வைத்து நிஜவீடு போல் விளையாடுகிறது?

ஏன் அதை உதைத்துத் தள்ளிவிட்டு போகின்றது ?

அதனால் அதற்கு என்ன லாபம்? என்ன நஷ்டம்?

ஒரு லாபமும் இல்லை, ஒரு நஷ்டமும் இல்லை.

அது குழந்தைக்கு ஒரு பொழுது போக்கு.

ஒரு விளையாட்டு. ஒரு டைம் பாஸ்.

கடவுளைப் பொறுத்தவரையில் நாம்

வெறும் மணல் துகள்கள் தாம்.

அவன் பொழுது போக்க நம்மை வைத்து

விளையாடுகின்றான். அவ்வளவே!

போர் அடித்தால் உதைத்துத் தள்ளிவிட்டு

இன்னும் ஒரு புது வீடு மீண்டும் கட்டுவான்!

I always thought that a woman's body was curvaceous.

I am surprised to see so many sharp angels, "v" s

and "w"s in the slender Chinese horoscope girl's body! :shocked:

Points to ponder

Sometimes in our family we do not highlight certain unforgivable mistakes committed by
elders or important people and we are forced to keep silent at that time,
but then we do not forget that incident or event during the entire period of
our life.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

I am not able to enter my thread Life is like that ! :pout:

But the increased traffic shows that the others are able to enter the thread.

Looks like I am locked out of my own house with a threatening message:

Fatal error
: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 697975 bytes) in /home/tambram/public_html/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2974

So I will have to post the posts prepared for "Life is like that!"
in this thread till the problem is sorted out!

Courage.

Courage is the thing.
All goes if courage goes. :bump2:
Sir James Matthew Barrie.

The courage we desire and prize is :first:
not the courage to die decently,
but to live manfully.
Thomas Carlyle.

He who loses wealth loses much; :popcorn:
he who loses a friend loses more;
but he that loses his courage loses all. :doh:
Miguel De Cervantes.

I am not able to enter my thread Life is like that ! :pout:

But the increased traffic shows that the others are able to enter the thread.

Looks like I am locked out of my own house with a threatening message:

Fatal error
: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 697975 bytes) in /home/tambram/public_html/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2974

So I will have to post the posts prepared for "Life is like that!"
in this thread till the problem is sorted out!
I tried posting into that thread and it worked.
May be something to do with your local machine. Do you have another system from where you can try?

# 35. Old is Gold.

Movies of the old time. (part #1)

The titles of the old movies were poetic as well as catchy. They were not curt-one-word-names which put off people by their sheer rudeness. Half the movies have names in English now.

Movies of the old time had family themes accentuating the family values. Love was featured as an integral part of the story. The movies were not taken just to exploit love and lust.

The dialogues of the old movies were of a very high standard. They were poetic with good rhymes and people used to memorize long monologues just for the fun of it. Today in the name of realism the dialogues are indecent, ill timed and better not be heard most of the time.

The songs of the old movies had lyrics which conveyed deep philosophy, celebrated the beauty of nature or made people think about the problem being focused.

Today we hear the songs sung by males in higher octave and women in lower octave - both of which are very unnatural. The present day hit - songs are short lived since they are so shallow in nature.

The comedians of the old time were fine gentlemen - artists. They could sing, dance, deliver well timed dialogues which made th people think as well as laugh.

Today in the name of comedy people make a din by shouting nonsense and make fun of physically challenged people, or extremely fat people. There is absolutely no food for thought .

The old movies were taken in the local spots or in good settings. They were suitable to the story, real and inexpensive.

Today the fight scenes is pictured in the five continents. They fight will take place on a hill top and the next shot on a desert and the one following will be in deep sea!

The first thing a person must do before viewing the movie is to disconnect the logic part of his brain temporarily.

(to be continued)

Last edited:
# 36. Old is Gold!

Movies of the old time. (
part # 2.)

As for the songs and dances of the present day movies, the less said the better. Suddenly a herd of people will appear from nowhere, do all the obscene movements and vanish into thin air!

The violence is mindless...blowing cars, bombing buildings, general riots and killers let loose in the community.

One person would be bashed by a dozen thugs while a thousand strong crowd stand around not wishing to miss the fun. No one would raise a finger to stop the manhandling.

The old movies used symbolism very effectively. The inauspicious was never shown but symbolically. The flame of a lamp would get put out to symbolize death. The flowers would be ruined under the villain's foot showing that he had successfully raped the heroine.

But today after the rape scene is shot the actress may become really pregnant! Death, scenes in the hospital, blood, gore are NOT for every eye that enters the theater.

The old songs are still being enjoyed and are being sung widely. They were set to classical music which was pleasing and sweet to hear. The number of the instrument used were less so that the words did not get lost in the din!

The dance movements were classical oriented and even the vamp doing a cabaret would be covered from neck to the ankle. Now the heroines expose more than the vamps used to do in those days.

The monkey movement of the dancers titillates the young minds and irritates the older minds. Parts of the body which were supposed to be covered are exposed shamelessly and the camera angles exaggerate them many fold.

It is many years since I went to a Tamil movie. I really can't enjoy any part of it. I would rather watch the science fiction, animated movies or just Tom and Jerry cartoons.

Every field of movie making has improved technically yet the movies themselves fail to give us the satisfaction of the old movies since they lack the depth of human feelings.

It is all show and no stuff!

Conclusion:

I just had a brainwave to start the topic but I never thought that it will run into so many posts.

I welcome all of you to write about how you miss the old which was indeed gold! :pray2:

...........I welcome all of you to write about how you miss the old which was indeed gold! :pray2:
Here is one which many people living in flats miss! Each house had a stone to wash cloths and it had rough cemented surface all

around. Ladies used the rough surface to scrub the soles of their feet everyday, after washing the cloths. This kept their feet clean,

soft
and without any cracks. Now a days, washing machine does the laundry and no back yards for those who live in flats! So, many

creams for treatment of cracks in the feet are sold in medical shops. Pumice stones are bought and kept in the bath rooms by those

who have time and energy to scrub!!

To my forum friends who waste their precious time

trying to din divinity into the densest domes...

Never reveal the truth to the unreceptive minds!

Never reveal the truth to the non believers.

Remember the adage...

paaththiram arinthu pichchai idu!

goththiram arinthu pennaik kodu!

There MUST be many more olden golden memories I am sure! :)

Here is one which many people living in flats miss! Each house had a stone to wash cloths and it had rough cemented surface all

around. Ladies used the rough surface to scrub the soles of their feet everyday, after washing the cloths. This kept their feet clean,

soft
and without any cracks. Now a days, washing machine does the laundry and no back yards for those who live in flats! So, many

creams for treatment of cracks in the feet are sold in medical shops. Pumice stones are bought and kept in the bath rooms by those

who have time and energy to scrub!!

With NO DEADLINES to keep in preparing the posts :typing:

for the next few days, my mind is so much at ease! :dance:

A new experience to me! :couch2:

Proves beyond all doubts that we ourselves render our lives

more difficult than necessary!!!!
:tsk:

Better to think of a new name for this thread since this is also going to crash in the near future - following the footsteps of the the thread
"Life is like that!"
Any suggestions from my dear friends???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back