• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

PM Narendra Modi attends mass wedding event, advises against unnecessary expenses at marriage functions

prasad1

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday attended a mass wedding ceremony held in Bhavnagar city of Gujarat and asked couples to contribute to the cause of society.The event was organised at Jawahar Maidan by a foundation. As many as 551 girls whose fathers had died tied the knot at the mega event. On the occasion, the prime minister urged the newly-weds not to organise a separate wedding function afterwards under the pressure of relatives after reaching home and instead save that money for their children.

It is very essential that everyone has to realise that the concentration should be on rituals rather than other 'arrangements'. More than half the budget of the marriage is spent on not so necessary activities in a marriage. One definitely being pre wedding shoots. I have time and again seen in marriages so much waste of food. 30 to 40 items, necessary? feeding 500 to 1000 people.. necessary?

It is very essential that everyone has to realise that the concentration should be on rituals rather than other 'arrangements'. More than half the budget of the marriage is spent on not so necessary activities in a marriage. One definitely being pre wedding shoots. I have time and again seen in marriages so much waste of food. 30 to 40 items, necessary? feeding 500 to 1000 people.. necessary?
Indian weddings are so lavish, that sometimes I am ashamed of being a part of this charade. But it is a show-off. Indians ( i only know Indian gatherings) indulge is showing off at every opportunity. We have lavish birthday parties too. We had a dance arrangatrum, with 800 guests.

Indian weddings are so lavish, that sometimes I am ashamed of being a part of this charade. But it is a show-off. Indians ( i only know Indian gatherings) indulge is showing off at every opportunity. We have lavish birthday parties too. We had a dance arrangatrum, with 800 guests.
Simple weddings are the best.
Why waste money.

When it is show off event, it is wasting money. How else will you impress your friends and family?
A wedding is about 2 people getting married..its not about impressing family and friends.
I do understand parents are afraid what relatives would think if things are kept simple.
Honestly its better to keep things simple and use the money for starting a life after marriage.
Another wasting money event is spending too much for travelling overseas to exotic places post wedding for honeymoon.

A wedding is about 2 people getting married..its not about impressing family and friends.
I do understand parents are afraid what relatives would think if things are kept simple.
Honestly its better to keep things simple and use the money for starting a life after marriage.
Another wasting money event is spending too much for travelling overseas to exotic places post wedding for honeymoon.
Ha Ha Ha, As usual your frugalness and practicality is not in keeping with the present-day social Norms, at least among Indian communities.

Ha Ha Ha, As usual your frugalness and practicality is not in keeping with the present-day social Norms, at least among Indian communities.
Actually I dont like crowd and noise..so having anything lavish isnt to my liking...and I wouldnt like to waste money anyway.

But I have noted after the Covid pandemic,many people are opting for simple weddings.
I had gone to a temple once to pray and I saw a Malayali wedding going on in the temple..around 20 guests only and it was really simple..mostly were just immediate family and friends..
Lots of others too opting for simple marriage at home with few guests.
Its a nice trend.
The Covid lockdown effect had changed the mindset of people here to keep everything simple.

Latest ads

Back