• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

please guide me regarding lemon lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shivagami

I m lifting lemon lamps to durgai in a sarpa devatha temple.I prayed for nine lamps.only one week alone I m unable to go because it is far so I was litting in my village devatha temple.now again I continued in sarpadevatha temple.now I finished 7lamps.in upcoming 2 weeks i will lit remaining 2lamps,MY DOUBT IS THAT ONE LAMP IN MY VILLAGE GOD IS TAKEN IN ACCOUNT? But both are north facing durgai but temples are different. Please guide to me regarding lamp account.

This "lemon lamp" lighting is considered to be a very very powerful "vazhipADu". So, truly speaking, no "short-cut" rules apply to such things. In case you promised to light lemon lamps on 9 days before the Durgai in Sarpadevata temple, then, to keep up your promise you will have to take all the trouble to go to the same Sarpadevata temple and light it there only. No god will allow you any shortcut or cheating. You will have to complete the 8 lamps whatever may be the difficulty or expense or other difficulties.

This "lemon lamp" lighting is considered to be a very very powerful "vazhipADu". So, truly speaking, no "short-cut" rules apply to such things. In case you promised to light lemon lamps on 9 days before the Durgai in Sarpadevata temple, then, to keep up your promise you will have to take all the trouble to go to the same Sarpadevata temple and light it there only. No god will allow you any shortcut or cheating. You will have to complete the 8 lamps whatever may be the difficulty or expense or other difficulties.

OK sir I will complete 9 lamps,thank you sir

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the exact procedure to pour milk to naga puttru.1.is there any timing?is there any specificflowers,is there any saingam?my sarpadevatha temple is always open,but nobody is there.I think nobody give exact and correct awareness other than this website. Pls guide me.sir

What is the exact procedure to pour milk to naga puttru.1.is there any timing?is there any specificflowers,is there any saingam?my sarpadevatha temple is always open,but nobody is there.I think nobody give exact and correct awareness other than this website. Pls guide me.sir

I have not heard of "pouring milk" into naga putru. The milk is usually kept in a shallow earthern ware plate or vessel before the putru. Only in places where many devotees come, and hence there is no danger of the nagam coming out and biting, some devotees pour a few drops into the open holes of the putru and that too, only if the temple management allows it to be done.

I have not heard of "pouring milk" into naga putru. The milk is usually kept in a shallow earthern ware plate or vessel before the putru. Only in places where many devotees come, and hence there is no danger of the nagam coming out and biting, some devotees pour a few drops into the open holes of the putru and that too, only if the temple management allows it to be done.
Sorry sir I used wrong words,there I saw 2 earthen vessels.but is there any procedure?but as you said nobody inside the temple.myself going and praying.but I think its nagadevatha so it will not harm me.

Sorry sir I used wrong words,there I saw 2 earthen vessels.but is there any procedure?but as you said nobody inside the temple.myself going and praying.but I think its nagadevatha so it will not harm me.

Whether you deem it to be nagadevatha or not, it is a snake and may possibly be poisonous too. Your bhakti will not be of any help if it bites. That is what is to be understood first.

Whether you deem it to be nagadevatha or not, it is a snake and may possibly be poisonous too. Your bhakti will not be of any help if it bites. That is what is to be understood first.

Correct sir,now I feel afraid. Due to my bakthi I was entering at any time.but there was little afraidness with me.in future I will be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back