• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Place of conducting of Pithru karyam

asadu

Can somebody clarify if one performs amavasai tharpanam and sradham etc in own house is bad omen ? Because it is performed for dead ancesstors and not considered good omen to be performed in one's own house ? If so, if the same is performed in other's house, is it not bringing negative and pithru dosham to those who allow such functions to be conducted in their premises ?

Similarly, if good pujas like Homams, Ayyappa Puja, Ganapathi Homam and Seemantham, Ayushya Homam, Sashti Poorthi etc to be conducted at other's premises and or halls, what effect it would bring to both the conductors and premises owners ?
I request learned members of this forum to enlighten me on the above if possible.
TIA
Asadu

the first question is ridiculous. we can certainly conduct tharpanam, sradham in our own house. we need blessing of our pithrus for well being of next generation, we invite pithus for tharpanm, homam and then release them by mantras. this is best practice. then we have to provide cooked rice to crows. where we will cook, own house only.

it is better we conduct all poojas, homas, etc in our own house. the mantras give positive energy to house.but now-a-days, lack of space, sudham (ladies with mensus) , etc force us to move to outside halls. no dosham for outside halls. what we conduct is propitiating Gods only. No dosham for outside halls.

due to restrictions in flats, death related functions are now conducted at outside place only.
after function, the area is cleaned. when another function starts, punyaham mantra chanted to cleanse place and people.

Can somebody clarify if one performs amavasai tharpanam and sradham etc in own house is bad omen ? Because it is performed for dead ancesstors and not considered good omen to be performed in one's own house ? If so, if the same is performed in other's house, is it not bringing negative and pithru dosham to those who allow such functions to be conducted in their premises ?

Similarly, if good pujas like Homams, Ayyappa Puja, Ganapathi Homam and Seemantham, Ayushya Homam, Sashti Poorthi etc to be conducted at other's premises and or halls, what effect it would bring to both the conductors and premises owners ?
I request learned members of this forum to enlighten me on the above if possible.
TIA
Asadu
Dear Sir, It is good if you perform Tharpanam, Sratham, Ganapathy homam , Pooja etc., all in own house.
R.Ramaswami

TIA
Asadu
It is always desirable to perform both Pujas & Amavasaya Tharpanam or Sradham in one's own place as it is the place where the residing or the departed soul is staying and need the blessing of both Devatas and Pithrus. It is the convenience and the shortage of space that may force anyone to perform such events elsewhere. There is nothing that Sradham or Tharpanam must not be performed in one's own place-rather it must be performed there only-to get the blessings of departed souls after their satisfaction.

Latest ads

Back