• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Perumthachan - A Malayalam Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectable members,

In Kerala, legend has it, that a Brahmin by the name Vararuchi married a low caste (paraiyah) woman. She bore him 12 childrens. Vararuchi abandoned all the children soon after birth. All the 12 children grew up in 12 different 'Kulams' and excelled in their 'Kuls thozhil'.

One of the child was raised by an Achari (ஆசாரி). He was very good in his trade; everyone called him 'Perumthachan' (பெருந்தச்சன்). This movie is about that legendary charecter....

Vararuchi - Vararuci - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perumthachan - Perumthachan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

( If I provide the outline of the story, possibly, it may ruin the interest in the movie. I can't forget one scene.....Perunthachan says 'சிற்பம் தேவி ஆகிவிட்டது....இனிமேல் நான் தீண்டப்படாதவன்').

YouTube - Perumthachan - 1 Thilakan, Nedumudi Venu, M.T.Vasudevan Nair Malayalam Classic (1990)

(kindly find parts 2 to 13 from the menu on the right side, please).

Cheers!

Respectable members,

In Kerala, legend has it, that a Brahmin by the name Vararuchi married a low caste (paraiyah) woman. She bore him 12 childrens. Vararuchi abandoned all the children soon after birth. All the 12 children grew up in 12 different 'Kulams' and excelled in their 'Kuls thozhil'.

One of the child was raised by an Achari (ஆசாரி). He was very good in his trade; everyone called him 'Perumthachan' (பெருந்தச்சன்). This movie is about that legendary charecter....

Vararuchi - Vararuci - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perumthachan - Perumthachan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

( If I provide the outline of the story, possibly, it may ruin the interest in the movie. I can't forget one scene.....Perunthachan says 'சிற்பம் தேவி ஆகிவிட்டது....இனிமேல் நான் தீண்டப்படாதவன்').

YouTube - Perumthachan - 1 Thilakan, Nedumudi Venu, M.T.Vasudevan Nair Malayalam Classic (1990)

(kindly find parts 2 to 13 from the menu on the right side, please).

Cheers!
Dear Mr. Raghy,
Though this has nothing to do with the wonderful movie Perumthachan, I need your help in this. Can you provide me a link to the song " ஒன்னு நீ சுருதி தாழ்த்தி பாடுக பூங்குயிலே , என் ஓமலுறக்கமானு உணர்த்தருதே". This is a song sung by Jayachandan, if I remember correct. It is a song which is green in my memory for the beauty of the Sahitya as well as the music which is a lullaby. Thank you.

Sri Raghy,
Please give me the link for the song "ஈ வழியும் ஈ மர தணலும் பூ மணி மரதகப் பூ மெத்தையும் கல்பனையை புறக்கோட்டு க்ஷணிக்குன்னு, கழிஞ்ச ரங்கங்கள் தெளியுன்னு.........." I hope I am not troubling you. Thank you.

Sri Raghy,
Please give me the link for the song "ஈ வழியும் ஈ மர தணலும் பூ மணி மரதகப் பூ மெத்தையும் கல்பனையை புறக்கோட்டு க்ஷணிக்குன்னு, கழிஞ்ச ரங்கங்கள் தெளியுன்னு.........." I hope I am not troubling you. Thank you.

Sri.Raju,

Is that the start of that song? The verses sound like a stanza...If the begining of the song is any diferent, kindly write that, please. (I could not find a song with the beginning as quoted.

Cheers!

Sri Raghy,

I am sure it is the beginning of the song. It, the anupallavi, goes further like this:
(OOps my translit is not working). "edavappathiyil kudaiyillaathe irangi marachuvattil odungi nammal, kudavumaai vanna varsha megha sundari kulippichchu nammai kulippichu....EE vazhiyum EE maraththanalum....etc etc...Hope this is helpfull. Cheer.

Sri Raghy,

I am sure it is the beginning of the song. It, the anupallavi, goes further like this:
(OOps my translit is not working). "edavappathiyil kudaiyillaathe irangi marachuvattil odungi nammal, kudavumaai vanna varsha megha sundari kulippichchu nammai kulippichu....EE vazhiyum EE maraththanalum....etc etc...Hope this is helpfull. Cheer.

Raaga - Ee Vazhiyum - Aaranyakandam. Download Malayalam MP3 songs

You can hear the song. No videos. Film-Aaranya Kaandam

hi sangom sir,
thank u...very nice song....beautiful yesu ettante voice....nice
kerala description......take me to beautiful god's own country..old
is gold...

regards
tbs

Hi tbs sir,
You please listen to these two songs:1. ஒரு வட்டம் கூடி என் ஓர்மகள் மேயுன்ன திருமுற்றத்து எத்துவான் மோஹம், திருமுற்றத்து ஒரு கோனில் நில்குன்ன ஆ நெல்லி மரமொன்னுலுத்துவான் மோஹம் ........by ONV kuruppu
and
2 சின்ன சின்ன ஆசை, சிறகடிக்கும் ஆசை, முத்து முத்து ஆசை, முடிஞசு வச்ச ஆசை ............................by வைரமுத்து
I have immensely enjoyed listening to these songs. Apart from the music, the two are about the same subject --wishes. But the treatment given is very different by these two poets, and what a treat. I cannot forget the punch line in the malayalam song where the poet says "விருதே ஈ மோஹங்கள் என்னறியும்போதும் மோஹிச்சிரிக்குவான் மோஹம்" in a melancholy mood. I hope you too enjoy the poetry as well the music in these songs. Cheers.

Hi tbs sir,
You please listen to these two songs:1. ஒரு வட்டம் கூடி என் ஓர்மகள் மேயுன்ன திருமுற்றத்து எத்துவான் மோஹம், திருமுற்றத்து ஒரு கோனில் நில்குன்ன ஆ நெல்லி மரமொன்னுலுத்துவான் மோஹம் ........by ONV kuruppu
and
2 சின்ன சின்ன ஆசை, சிறகடிக்கும் ஆசை, முத்து முத்து ஆசை, முடிஞசு வச்ச ஆசை ............................by வைரமுத்து
I have immensely enjoyed listening to these songs. Apart from the music, the two are about the same subject --wishes. But the treatment given is very different by these two poets, and what a treat. I cannot forget the punch line in the malayalam song where the poet says "விருதே ஈ மோஹங்கள் என்னறியும்போதும் மோஹிச்சிரிக்குவான் மோஹம்" in a melancholy mood. I hope you too enjoy the poetry as well the music in these songs. Cheers.
Dear Suraju,

The last line is வெறுதே ஈ மோகங்கள் என்னறியும்போழும் வெறுதே மொகிக்குவான் மோகம்.

This is O.N.V. Kurup's lines. He is a retired Professor of Malayalam and is a gifted poet and lyricist. Still with us, our good fortune! He once said these lines were from his own nostalgia about his ancestral home.

Iyengar girl reqd

We are iyengars searching girl for Mr.S.Sapthagiri Govindarajan / 31 / 20000 / Chennai MNC / Diploma in automobile Engineering / Ashwini / MEsham /Srivatasam / chennai resident / Very fair. Contact Mr.V.Srinivasa varadhan 9791126681 / 9952022345 / 9962781728. We are looking for a good girl of +2 or any arts degree qualification. No expectations. Girl should be a good. Any brahmins is ok. People whomever reading this may please forward this data thru mails or phone or sms to your known sources and ask them to contact. We are searching for quite a long time and due to scarcity of brahmin girls we are unable to get. Can someone in this forum help us?

We are iyengars searching girl for Mr.S.Sapthagiri Govindarajan / 31 / 20000 / Chennai MNC / Diploma in automobile Engineering / Ashwini / MEsham /Srivatasam / chennai resident / Very fair. Contact Mr.V.Srinivasa varadhan 9791126681 / 9952022345 / 9962781728. We are looking for a good girl of +2 or any arts degree qualification. No expectations. Girl should be a good. Any brahmins is ok. People whomever reading this may please forward this data thru mails or phone or sms to your known sources and ask them to contact. We are searching for quite a long time and due to scarcity of brahmin girls we are unable to get. Can someone in this forum help us?

I request the administrator to move this to the Naveena Svayamvaram thread in this forum. Alternatively, NSIITM may post again to that thread for speedy response, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back