• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Peculiar Method of Worships at Thirupuvanam Bathirakali Amma Temple..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every one knows the Arul Miku Bhathirakali Temple of Thirupuvanam.It is about 20 kms from Madurai lying on the Madurai Rameswaram Route in Thirupuvanam.

Here Coins Cutting will be a Particular Type of Worship.

That is if any one (Even Brothers) is cheated by someone in terms of Money,Property,Jewels or so on..

Some Coins (one rupee,two rupee or five rupee coins) will be bended with a Chisels and hammer given in the Temple itself.

If we prey to this Amma and ask her to ask about the Cheat,it is belived that she will ask the Cheater by giving him some Troubles like Sick,or any thing...

I am also seeing this type of Preyar in Kollangudi (about 60 kms from Madurai) also...

Is it True... Can anyone Describe in Detail about this...

Every one knows the Arul Miku Bhathirakali Temple of Thirupuvanam.It is about 20 kms from Madurai lying on the Madurai Rameswaram Route in Thirupuvanam.

Here Coins Cutting will be a Particular Type of Worship.

That is if any one (Even Brothers) is cheated by someone in terms of Money,Property,Jewels or so on..

Some Coins (one rupee,two rupee or five rupee coins) will be bended with a Chisels and hammer given in the Temple itself.

If we prey to this Amma and ask her to ask about the Cheat,it is belived that she will ask the Cheater by giving him some Troubles like Sick,or any thing...

I am also seeing this type of Preyar in Kollangudi (about 60 kms from Madurai) also...

Is it True... Can anyone Describe in Detail about this...

Your post "If we prey to this Amma and ask her to ask about the Cheat,it is belived that she will ask the Cheater by giving him some Troubles like Sick,or any thing...", is not clear to me. but i think if one bends a coin (why the goddess wants a coin only, not any metal circle?) the "cheat" will come to trouble. now, supposing this "cheat" feels it is the other fellow who cheated and prays to that devi, both will get into trouble, is it not? if the devi is anyway going to pinish the gilty, one need only to pray. i feel something fishy about "coin" cutting.

Dear sir,

No One is putting Round Metal in Hundial instead of Coin.That is known by everyone.

So I am also amazed like you.Thats why I need clarification.

Dear sir,

No One is putting Round Metal in Hundial instead of Coin.That is known by everyone.

So I am also amazed like you.Thats why I need clarification.

Sir,

there are people even now who put uncurrent coins, செல்லாத நோட்டு, நாணயம் in hundis even now!

That apart, I think the bent coins are either straightened and passed on, or the metal content is used; anyway it is free and the entire sale price is profit for temple, is it not? and people get peace of mind, otherwise, in TN they will go at each other armed with வீச்சருவாள் as i see in most Tamil cinemas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back