• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Passport online problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all

My mother in law passport was expired last 3 years back, she went to passport office chennai(shastri bhawan) and they told that , passport applied through online registration, when i am trying through the same i am unable to do so, in the online registration it will ask the city, when i am searching it was not there, any one can help me in this, I am surprised how passport official not checked and corrected this? or they don't want to do this, because the online process was working with vendor very well and he is charging extra Rs 800/- for normal and 1500/- for tatkal?

Regards
S.Shankar

Dear Mr Shankar,

I had my Passport renewed through "Passport Seva Kendra", Bangalore, in September, last year.
The entire procedure including Photo, thumb impression was done quickly by efficient and polite staff, trained by Tata Consultancy. I think there is an office of PSK in Chennai also. You can get all the details in their website. After the dispatch of the New Passport, I got a SMS message too in my cell phone. If you have any queries you can contact their office over phone and get them clarified.
Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Mr Shankar,

I had my Passport renewed through "Passport Seva Kendra", Bangalore, in September, last year.
The entire procedure including Photo, thumb impression was done quickly by efficient and polite staff, trained by Tata Consultancy. I think there is an office of PSK in Chennai also. You can get all the details in their website. After the dispatch of the New Passport, I got a SMS message too in my cell phone. If you have any queries you can contact their office over phone and get them clarified.
Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear sir,

Thanks for the prompt reply, What you told was right but to reach that level be have to do online registration, after that only we will get our time and date from passport office to meet, but i told was, i am unable to do the online registration itself.
Regards
S.Shankar

Dear Shankar
I see that you are from Ramavaram and the nearest passport office is saligramam Very near the Bharani Hospital. You will have to register online and the site is Passport Seva Portal. You will have to register first than you will have to Get an appointment using the links. I have got my passport renewed just a month back. the only problem I faced was getting an appointment. The service in the Kendra was superb. There are three checks. You might have to spend nearly three hours for the process and your passport will be delivered in exactly three working days.
If you have any problems registering your application you can come to my place. I will help you in registration but getting appointment might be a tough ask. I got my appointment after attempting for nearly a month online for a normal passport.
My number is 093871001711 and my address is 99 chidambaranar street, ramakrishna Nagar alwarthirunagar Post chennai 600087

Further to my earlier post I have to inform you that Senior citizens can walk in to the passport kendra without getting the online appointment. But registration of application online is mandatory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back