• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Panegyric on Tamil Brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since one of our members started a thread with the somewhat forbidding title
< RULE - Only Positives > Brahmans' Positive contributions to the Tamil Society.

and since it does not seem to have given the desired results so far, I feel we should try to put all material available to each one of us, irrespective of whether we belong to the brahmin bashers or otherwise, and post the same here. This thread will then be a ready reference for those who want to look only on the glorious side of the tabra community and will prefer to avoid, like the Gandhi's monkeys, the less favourable aspects of the community - see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil.

• I feel the material should relate to only people who are known to be confirmed Tamil Brahmins (i.e., one who spoke Tamizh as mother tongue) and not any other category.
  • Material/information on any person may be posted but everything must be factual, not hearsay. References to web links, urls, books etc., should be furnished wherever relevant.
  • Posters should invariably highlight as to why they consider a particular person, about whom they make the post, is considered by them as someone worth the panegyric/eulogization.
While personally I have no objection to anyone questioning, criticizing, finding fault with any of the posts, I request that such posts and the discussions arising on account of them be very minimal, or, preferably in a separate thread.

The few people among tabras who I consider eligible for such praise are very very ordinary fellows and writing about them here is not going to make any difference to their otherwise uneventful life. So, I refrain from any panegyric.

sangom,

who decides if subramania bharathiar is eligibe for a panegyric?

by the terms of this thread, he should be defined a brahmin basher. but then, the man is probably among the greatest of tamil poets of the 20th century!

what do you say? mine is a serious query. thank you.

:)

கால பைரவன்;98866 said:
Originally Posted by sangom Since one of our members started a thread with the somewhat forbidding title
< RULE - Only Positives > Brahmans' Positive contributions to the Tamil Society.

and since it does not seem to have given the desired results so far

It cannot be said that the thread did not bring desired results for two reasons -

A. Member Saidevo's posts

B. It exposed the hypocrisy of BB group.

I said "it does not seem to have given the desired results so far" for two reasons.

1. The OP had this expectation: "I would like to know the Various Positive Contributions that Brahmans ve done to the Tamil Society.

I would really love to see how many here know about / rate the good things that Brahmans ve done"
I don't find many in the list being presented by Shri Saidevo who will satisfy the above requirement, viz., positive contribution to society, Tamil or any other.

2.The requirement Only Positives somehow did not come about.

sangom,

who decides if subramania bharathiar is eligibe for a panegyric?

by the terms of this thread, he should be defined a brahmin basher. but then, the man is probably among the greatest of tamil poets of the 20th century!

what do you say? mine is a serious query. thank you.

:)

Kunjuppu,

Subramania Bharathiar was a brahmin who foresaw the shape of things to come. Though, as an idealist and poet, he imagined many good things to happen, future did not cooperate to actualize his ideals. But to the extent he found fault with the self-proclaimed brahmins (SPB - no irreverence meant to the great playback singer at all) of his day, will he not be the first BB according to the SPBs here in this forum.

But may be it is a good idea to have Bharathiar as our first person. Go ahead pl.

Bharathiyar said spirituality should not be limited to a certain class and everyone shud get to rever in their faith in full glory.

This Subramanian cant help but agree to this simple but magical idea which would have solved all the problems.

But to the extent he found fault with the self-proclaimed brahmins (SPB - no irreverence meant to the great playback singer at all) of his day, will he not be the first BB according to the SPBs here in this forum.

But may be it is a good idea to have Bharathiar as our first person. Go ahead pl.

There is a tamil movie titled "புது வசந்தம்". The female lead character is played by Sithara, a lovely actress, one of my favorites.

Anyway, in that movie, the male character engaged to this female lead doubts her loyalty before their marriage and their engagement comes apart. The male character defends his position by citing that even Lord Rama doubted his wife Sita. Pat comes a reply from our female lead - "ராமன் சீதையை சந்தேகப்பட்டு இருக்கலாம். ஆனால் மனைவியை சந்தேகப்படுபவெனெல்லாம் ராமனாகி விட முடியாது".

Bharathiar might have criticized brahmins; it does not mean that the BB group in this forum could become a Bharathi!

கால பைரவன்;98963 said:
There is a tamil movie titled "புது வசந்தம்". The female lead character is played by Sithara, a lovely actress, one of my favorites.

Anyway, in that movie, the male character engaged to this female lead doubts her loyalty before their marriage and their engagement comes apart. The male character defends his position by citing that even Lord Rama doubted his wife Sita. Pat comes a reply from our female lead - "ராமன் சீதையை சந்தேகப்பட்டு இருக்கலாம். ஆனால் மனைவியை சந்தேகப்படுபவெனெல்லாம் ராமனாகி விட முடியாது".

Bharathiar might have criticized brahmins; it does not mean that the BB group in this forum could become a Bharathi!

KB,

Rightly so. We do not even dream of being or becoming Bharatiar. Our only aim, if at all I can speak for the group which you call BB, is that the message of Bharathiar criticizing Brahmins is brought to the notice of the present day SPBs. We are thus at best "Yellow Notes" functioning as mere reminders and we are very much aware of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back