• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Orbiting the Earth: Skanda beat Yuri Gagarin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gagarin_Orbiting.gif

Orbiting the Earth: Skanda beat Yuri Gagarin

(This article is already posted in Tamil)

If you google who was the first person to orbit earth? Then you will get the answer in a second: Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin . If you look at any encyclopaedia you will get the same answer. But if you put the same question to an orthodox Hindu , he or she will tell you it was Lord Skanda/Kartikeya. Arunagirinathar , a 15[SUP]th[/SUP] century Tamil saint has sung about Lord Kartikeyan circling the earth in a second.

Yuri Gagarin did go round the earth in Vostok spacecraft in April 1961 in 90 minutes, but Skanda on his peacock took one second to go round the earth, sings the great saint. Even before Magellan sailed around the world, Hindus knew that the earth was round. From the days of Aryabhatta we called this earth -globular. The very word globe came from Gola, Goli =Round.
2551d1360786030-3006-skanda.jpg

Arunagiri in his beautiful Tamil verse ‘Thiru Vakuppu’described that the worlds up and down the earth were shaking when the peacock flew around the earth. For the Doubting Thomas who may not believe that this happened in the hoary past, I would like to say a word, at least give the credit of this concept to Lord Skanda or the Hindu scriptures!
Western scholars attribute everything science to the Greeks or all the inventions to Learnado Da Vinci or the science fiction to Jules Verne. It is not correct. When we advanced far in science and mathematics, the western world did not even know the earth was round.

We have lots of reports about Narada’s Inter Planetary Travel in Hindu mythology. I have already written that the next news story that would shake the entire world will be ‘meeting or discovering aliens’. We have already written how they would look like: 1. Their feet won’t touch the ground 2. They would not sweat 3. Even the flower garlands they wear won’t wither away. 4.They don’t blink 5. They can’t have sex because of Parvathy’s curse 6. They are ever happy 7. They don’t eat food like us i.e. they don’t need it at all 8. Their calculation of time is very different from ours. They stand beyond time.

For more details please go to my post: 1.Do Hindus believe in ETs and Alien Worlds? and 2. Hindus’ Future Predictions
Part 1 and Part 2.

Kartikeyan /Skanda flew round the earth to beat his brother Lord Ganesh in a Round the World competition held by his parents and Narada. For the full story, please read my post Two Mangoes that changed the Tamil World.

juri-gagarin_product_large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back