• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oonam , Masiyam and Sodhakumbham dates neded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Fellow members,

Hello. I am new to this community. I am posting my first thread here.

My mother passed away on 14th June, Tuesday , Dasami Thithi , Vaigasi month, Shukla Paksham. I am the elder kartha and my birth star is Magam. Kindly any one please share the relevant dates for 27th day oonam, sodha khumbam, masiyam and 45th day oonam. My vadhyar has given 11/07/2016 as the 27th day oonam(actually 11th is 28th day)citing my birth star on 10th July. I understand Magam falls on 8th July. I am nit clear .

Also could some one let me know if I could do only the 27th Oonam and 45th oonam, and all other masiyam/sodhakhumbam together on 6th month and then on varshapthigam dates?

Urgent response will be of great help.

Regards
Ramachandran

14-7-16; 13-8-16; 11-9-16; 11-10-16; 9-11-`16; 9-12-16; 7-1-17 ;-6-2-17; 7-3-17-; 5-4-17 are the dates for masyam for this thurmuki year.the previous date is for sodakumpam.you can do 27th oonam on any one day on 28th or 29 or 30th day; 45 th oonaam any one day from

31 to 35 th day; 6th month oonam from 171 th day to 180 th day any one day; oona aapthiikam any one day from341th day to 355th day. you should not do on kartha"s birth star day; you should not do on tuesday; friday and saturday. you should not do on prathamai;sashti, aekaadasi; chathurthi, navami, chathurdasi thithi days.

you cannot do oona masyam at your convenient day. if left undone , it is undone. so do oona maasyam . monthly masyam if due to unavoidable circumstances you may do it during varushaapthiikam period.

Dear Sir,

It is advisable to perform Sodhakumbam and Masigam every month. Here again, perform Sodhakumbam without fail.If due to unavoidable reasons, you are unable to perform Masigam on a particular month, next month instead of two Brammanals, you should engage three Brammanals. But perform every month without fail.
R.Ramaswami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back