• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Onus is on all of us, not just Narendra Modi

ashok68

There is shortage of Vaccine

There is shortage of Beds

There is shortage of Oxygen cylinders

There is short of Remdesivir, drug

With all these shortages we need fight with corona to overcome it.

How for the citizen are responsible...?

We cannot blame the Government at the Center or State, we cannot blame the public for not co-operating strictly to preventive measures, safety protocols, etc

Onus is on all of us, not just Narendra Modi: Meenakshi Lekhi​

India is struggling hard to cope with the havoc caused by the latest strain of Covid-19. From international media to domestic media to social media, everyone is looking for someone to blame. Easiest target? Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

States in India with huge health budgets and all the paraphernalia refused to act and follow the guidelines. And here we have a leader who is working day and night to save every single life that he can, that we can, but the comparisons will not stop.

None of the previous Central governments, or, for that matter, foreign governments ever had to handle what the present leadership in India is handling. So, are the comparisons even fair?

……………………………….

The AAP legislators and their health minister are nowhere to be found amidst the worst hit crisis, except the chief minister, who is always on TV in some advertisement or the other. The state health ministry could have taken a collaborative approach towards the private sector, which could have resulted in better coordination and less malpractice. Rather what we witnessed was blame game on live television, which is a pity. The Delhi government also refused to implement Ayushman Bharat, the Centre’s flagship insurance scheme for citizens.

However exonerative it may sound, we, the people of India, too, are responsible for the second wave. Not masking up properly, despite repeated reminders and penalty by the authorities, and violating protocols regarding gatherings, led to a situation this horrific. Hoarding and black marketing of remdesivir, charging exorbitant prices for ambulances and other malpractices are adding to the misery.

We are all in it together—the media, the state governments and the people. It is not a fight that can be fought alone, certainly not by playing the blame game. We all need to keep a moral high ground, do our bit, and save as many lives as we can.

I notice in India its always the following pattern

1) Chest thumping when things go right.
2)The blame game when things go wrong.

Why can't there be FOCUS in the NOW and each play their role to handle the present.

Many countries are facing a spike but mostly try to handle the situation instead of wasting time trying to bail out their leaders or blame any other situation.

I feel the famous line of Swami Vivekananda should be modified a little to remind everyone.

ARISE AWAKE AND BE IN THE NOW!

BTW everyone should learn from the Sikhs.
They dont waste time in drama..they are hands on action oriented.
They are doing great seva for covid patients in everyway possible.

Thats all one needs..effective action.

Initially when my country dissolved the parliament and we are still in emergency rule, we thought it was not the best move..but now when I look at it restrospectively I feel it was the best move..so all state elections were halted and country focusess on covid.

Our cases are rising again no doubt but at least politics has taken a back step.

I wonder why India doesnt want to dissolve the Parliament and declare emergency.
It would surely help the country.

I think its easier to handle a virus than to handle politics.

However exonerative it may sound, we, the people of India, too, are responsible for the second wave. Not masking up properly, despite repeated reminders and penalty by the authorities, and violating protocols regarding gatherings, led to a situation this horrific.
I wonder why India doesnt want to dissolve the Parliament and declare emergency.

There is shortage of Beds

There is shortage of Oxygen cylinders

I feel the same way.

I have no knowledge about the constitution and therefore do not know whether it is/ was possible to dissolve the parliament but definitely something on the lines of enforcing an emergency situation was and is the need of the hour. The Supreme Court raised the question of why the Government of Tamilnadu could not take the responsibility of running the Sterlite Plant (which was closed for environmental reasons) for generating oxygen. Similarly, they (Supreme Court) could have been proactive in other matters like barring assembly elections in various states in this time of pandemic, prohibiting the Kumbha Mela and so on.

The TV anchor Rajdeep Sardesai, reported that when he visited Mahabalipuram (to cover some event), he found a very high percentage of the people gathered in crowds without wearing masks and there was no social distancing. They were aware of the safety norms (wearing masks and social distancing) but retorted that Corona affected only the rich people, Were these common people claiming that they were physically tougher and were immune to the virus? Of course, as a respected and responsible person, Sardesai should have remarked that organising an event was itself wrong.

People's non cooperation is also largely responsible for this shortage of beds and oxygen. If the people only do their bit there would be far fewer cases and the demand for beds and oxygen will be correspondingly lower.

hi doctor,

exactly....you said it...blame game is more always to move away from responsibility...initially

every saying that it is not COMMUNITY SPREAD AND WE CAN HANDLE VERY WEILLL....

THIS IS OVER HYPE.....EVERYBODY RESPOSIBLE FOR THIS SITUATION.....USA DECLARED

MEDICAL EMERGENCY AND LOCKDOWN VERY WELLL.....MANY DOES NOT LIKE....MANY

LOST JOBS...BUT COUNTRY SAVED....

Last edited:
hi doctor,

exactly....you said it...blame game is more always to move away from responsibility...initially

every saying that it is not COMMUNITY SPREAD AND WE CAN HANDLE VERY WEILLL....

THIS IS OVER HYPE.....EVERYBODY RESPOSIBLE FOR THIS SITUATION.....USA DECLARED

MEDICAL EMERGENCY AND LOCKDOWN VERY WELLL.....MANY DOES NOT LIKE....MANY

LOST JOBS...BUT COUNTRY SAVED....
Cases in my country are rising again.
Hospitals are becoming full.

Its scary too..cos what is happening in India can happen here too.
We are in MCO again..restricted movement and only to work and home.

Cases in my country are rising again.
Hospitals are becoming full.

Its scary too..cos what is happening in India can happen here too.
We are in MCO again..restricted movement and only to work and home.
hi doctor,

i agreed...during RAMADAN month many muslim countries go through like INDIA...the new variant

named after INDIA....ITS CALLED INDIAN VARIANT....many asian /south asian countries has to

go through like india...especially in 3rd and 4th wave...like yousters/ children are going to suffer more..

hi doctor,

i agreed...during RAMADAN month many muslim countries go through like INDIA...the new variant

named after INDIA....ITS CALLED INDIAN VARIANT....many asian /south asian countries has to

go through like india...especially in 3rd and 4th wave...like yousters/ children are going to suffer more..
Yes...the crowd because of the bazaars during Ramadhan and shopping etc are contributing factors..now its all banned.

The moment there is some relaxation on rules the cases spike again.

The problem is not everyone can stay confined at home..people want to celebrate festivals etc.
For me I can stay confined ..no problems..enjoyment can wait.
But sadly people still want all enjoyment of celebrations etc.

We humans are missing a message.
Covid 19 wants us to be focus on self and also our role in society that only when self is well there is wellness in the world as a single unit.

But nope! We want to be selfish and roam here and there for no reason.

Yes...the crowd because of the bazaars during Ramadhan and shopping etc are contributing factors..now its all banned.

The moment there is some relaxation on rules the cases spike again.

The problem is not everyone can stay confined at home..people want to celebrate festivals etc.
For me I can stay confined ..no problems..enjoyment can wait.
But sadly people still want all enjoyment of celebrations etc.

We humans are missing a message.
Covid 19 wants us to be focus on self and also our role in society that only when self is well there is wellness in the world as a single unit.

But nope! We want to be selfish and roam here and there for no reason.

hi doctor,

Iftar is very important during RAMADAN....pakistan is facing problem due to RAMADAN.... they have

to see like india very sooner...

Yes, I agree that it may be the power of faith which also contribute for the rage of the crisis?

Today’s Time of India carries a news article reading that the 9th seer dies of Covid after Maha Kumbh

It is reported that he is the ninth saint to have succumbed to the virus after attending the recently concluded Maha kumbh at Harindhwar.

Though Governments around the world banned social gathering in religious places of all faiths, most of the religious-minded people do visit their places of worship frequently and often join the congregations on special occasions, making them vulnerable to any infectious diseases.

How to contain and control the corona virus infection..?

It is a unique threat owing to the geographical vastness and the complexity of country’s cultural and religious diversity, beliefs, and practices coexisting with poor social indicators.

Will the religious leaders come forward to train everyone as corona worriers….??

Why can't there be FOCUS in the NOW and each play their role to handle the present.
Doctor Madam,

I don't know how the media escaped your attention.

In fact, medias are expected to act like watchdogs, they are supposed to bring out the truth,

But, here, on the other hand, there are stories of cremation, data on deaths, shortage of cylinders, beds, etc

Some of the media are trained to amplify the ruling party initiatives uncritically failed to hold it account for their failures.

There are cases of under-reporting and sharing fake data.

Of course, media is the Fourth Pillar of our democracy who have the responsibility to instil hope among the public who are already panic stricken

Recently media is showing death, cremation and people crying..... repeatedly. If you open a daily newspaper, you can find number of stories, of couple committing suicide over corona threat. Patients hunting for beds, Black marketing of Remdesivir drug, Availability of vaccines, etc

It is agreed that Media has a huge power which comes with great responsibility. Most of the channels only telecast corona news and spread negative impact.

They are not supposed to create panic. But are doing it repeatedly.

With the result, it is reported that some of the patients who suffer with mild attack and don’t need hospitalization, are trying block beds. They are ready to pay any price. They insist for very best treatment.

They hunt for Oxygen cylinders,

Seeing such scenes repeatedly like people getting hospitalized in ICU, dying, cremation, etc make one feel sick.

They recover in due course and get discharged.

Of course, they are patients who come out with good health after best treatment. Why not share such true stories..??

Why don't they just talk to the people who have recovered and thus create awareness and hope..??

Yes, I agree that it may be the power of faith which also contribute for the rage of the crisis?

Today’s Time of India carries a news article reading that the 9th seer dies of Covid after Maha Kumbh

It is reported that he is the ninth saint to have succumbed to the virus after attending the recently concluded Maha kumbh at Harindhwar.

Though Governments around the world banned social gathering in religious places of all faiths, most of the religious-minded people do visit their places of worship frequently and often join the congregations on special occasions, making them vulnerable to any infectious diseases.

How to contain and control the corona virus infection..?

It is a unique threat owing to the geographical vastness and the complexity of country’s cultural and religious diversity, beliefs, and practices coexisting with poor social indicators.

Will the religious leaders come forward to train everyone as corona worriers….??
Then there are the yogacharyas who stress upon yoga and pranayama to keep covid at bay BUT not saying that THIS ISNT 100% EFFECTIVE and we still need to avoid crowded places and maintain social distancing, wear masks and use hand sanitizers.

These yogaacharyas give people a false sense of immunity and security and everyone lets their guards down.

But when there is a covid tsunami..then all acharyas become silent and I saw one religious site which called for spiritual healing to happen via thought waves and stated that India is currently experiencing spiritual cleansing.

God knows how these creatures equate loss of lives as spiritual cleansing.
They wont be saying the same thing if their loved ones were dead or dying.

All these seers who died did feel Ma Ganga would save them but yet they died.
What does this show?
Ganga saved their souls or bodies?
God might save our souls but we have to save our bodies by having sense and sensibility.

I think its easier to handle a virus than to handle politics.

You are right Madam,

It is the observation of the Madras High Court that the Election Commission of India is singularly responsible for the Second wave of Covid-19

There were number of political gatherings, rallies by leaders of various political parties

The stinging remarks of the Madras High Court is that the Election Commission Officials ought to be probably booked for murder for allowing huge political rallies during the pandemic.

The High Court further observed that were you on another planet when the Election rallies were held?

The different rival political parties were organizing rallies with huge crowd. The crowd gathered in every such rally speak volume about the strength and support enjoyed by the Party. There is reported to be only minimal social distancing and very little mask wearing.

With such rallies, public gatherings, there are bright chances for the virus to spread.

Instead of taking preventive action to control and contain the virus, there were election in some of the States involving more activities of rallies, meetings, etc.

Is it not that public health is paramount than conducting an election to the State....???

But at times, The Officials push public health to back seat. One example is the TASMAC crowd.

For few funds starved Government, the cash cow TASMAC may be important for revenue earned. Faced with poor revenue due to stagnation of economic activity of lock down, States are more eager to raise money to deal with the challenging situation and fight corona pandemic.

The over crowing of outlets is another area needs more attention.

Hope the Government takes serious and effective measures to control and contain corona surge.

You are right Madam,

It is the observation of the Madras High Court that the Election Commission of India is singularly responsible for the Second wave of Covid-19

There were number of political gatherings, rallies by leaders of various political parties

The stinging remarks of the Madras High Court is that the Election Commission Officials ought to be probably booked for murder for allowing huge political rallies during the pandemic.

The High Court further observed that were you on another planet when the Election rallies were held?

The different rival political parties were organizing rallies with huge crowd. The crowd gathered in every such rally speak volume about the strength and support enjoyed by the Party. There is reported to be only minimal social distancing and very little mask wearing.

With such rallies, public gatherings, there are bright chances for the virus to spread.

Instead of taking preventive action to control and contain the virus, there were election in some of the States involving more activities of rallies, meetings, etc.

Is it not that public health is paramount than conducting an election to the State....???

But at times, The Officials push public health to back seat. One example is the TASMAC crowd.

For few funds starved Government, the cash cow TASMAC may be important for revenue earned. Faced with poor revenue due to stagnation of economic activity of lock down, States are more eager to raise money to deal with the challenging situation and fight corona pandemic.

The over crowing of outlets is another area needs more attention.

Hope the Government takes serious and effective measures to control and contain corona surge.
Its a sad state..not only in India but all around the world.
Cases are getting higher even in my country..but luckily Malaysia imposed a whole country lockdown till 6th June to prevent Eid celebrations exodus back to home town..no interstate or interdistrict travels...but still some will have gatherings and God knows what will happen.

The hospitals here too are almost full too.

Just that I wonder how come many countries are facing 2nd or 3rd waves yet China alone only faced 1 wave and nothing after that.

Just that I wonder how come many countries are facing 2nd or 3rd waves yet China alone only faced 1 wave and nothing after that.

Doctor Madam,

It is reported that China has introduced among other preventive measures a no-nonsense lockdown. That could be a difference

In the face of a previously unknown virus, this country has appeared to be rolled out perhaps the most ambitious, agile and aggressive disease containment effort in history.

In our case, may be that our public simply thrown the covid protocols in the air.

What happened to our self-discipline…?

Why the second wave of corona virus is spreading like wild fire?

This country which is enjoying more than hundred crore population consists public of various religion, caste, colour & creed

How to educate the huge population? Creating awareness to observe Covid-19 protocol as soon as they found initial symptoms.

It is reported that some section of health care workers were vaccine hesitancy

In due course, these health care workers are to become super spreaders of covid-19 among the population

It is just and necessary to identify and eliminate vaccine hesitancy among the health care workers.

If not there are chances for the virus to mutate to a more infective or lethal form.,

It is, therefore, important and significant to gain the confidence among the health care workers which is crucial as these force has the potential influence the patients.

Hope the authorities concerned are on the job.

And let us be more responsible and lift our spirits to new heights by enjoying the lock down.

We will over come the odds shortly.

Last edited:
There were many enjoying the lockdown to lift their spirits. Some went to liquor shops to get far more than usual requirements due to lockdown fears.
Women at home learnt to cope with men staying 24 by 7.
Some got carried away and became pregnant.
Many pregnant women went to workplace not taking precaution and got covid.
House helps enjoyed holiday ny vacating urban rented home and going to villages

Imho no one is unhappy.
Seniors have IPL matches
Children are happy playing online games and seeing blippi and peppapig.
Smart women get their men to wash dishes and do some baby sitting.
All this talk of GDP going down is for economist.
FM can get pleasure by raising fuel prices
IT men can raid more
Police can sanitise their lathis before using them on people happily enjoying on the roadsides.We are having a happier world.Cheers

Imho no one is unhappy.
Seniors have IPL matches
Children are happy playing online games and seeing blippi and peppapig.
Smart women get their men to wash dishes and do some baby sitting.
All this talk of GDP going down is for economist.
FM can get pleasure by raising fuel prices
IT men can raid more
Police can sanitise their lathis before using them on people happily enjoying on the roadsides.We are having a happier world.Cheers
A person I know in India lost her husband and teenage son to Covid 19.
Not everyone is having it easy.
She is a very spiritual woman and she is handling her loss well..but surely it is not easy.
Another friend lost his uncle to Covid.
Another doctor died in though vaccinated..these are people I know.

Not everyone's world is happy right now in India.

As the country is battling with corona, a pandemic Doctors, Nurses and other frontline workers have been working round the clock to fight the invisible enemy.

Amid this, they are women who relocating from Delhi to Bangalore, etc and having merry time in buying stock and shares

Al though stock market trade is dominated by men, there are women who have lost their job, as an alternate source of income have given a fillip to this trend.

The Covid-induced lockdown seems to have attracted many young women to the world of stock trading
Of course, they can be far better traders than our oldies simply because stock trading is all about managing risks and women, on that count, always outperform our oldies who have an eye on beer and cheer. LOL

Last edited:
She is a very spiritual woman and she is handling her loss well..but surely it is not easy.

Everything depends on how one views life
I know some women who feel reiieved that spouse has passed away.
They do not have to service old demanding husbands .In india husbands are se veral years older than wife.
If economically independant many enjoy their widowed status and do what they could not do earlier
Many saw lealth care workers dancing in hospital lobbies to relieve the strain of servicing the sick.
They were pulled up for their so called crime to be happy
Lot of people die for various reasons
Some bereaved take the losses in their stride and move on.
If one wants to be happy no one can stop it

Many women become over dependant on men
Sure it is not easy for them to cope with bereavement
Spirituality is a cover and many take refuge in it to escape facing realities of living.
Ul

One can be happy if one wishes with very few needs and avenues for entertainment
If some engage only in self pity they can just be left alone unless one is prepared to lend ones' shoulder for the person to weep their heart out.

hi doctor,

you are right....i have 2 cases now....in my own in laws house in delhi....out of 5 members...3 got covid now...

i got a call today in USA....my friend's own father and mother died due to covid within a week...he is

only son...now he is in USA...he cant travel to india....

Everything depends on how one views life
I know some women who feel reiieved that spouse has passed away.
They do not have to service old demanding husbands .In india husbands are se veral years older than wife.
If economically independant many enjoy their widowed status and do what they could not do earlier
Many saw lealth care workers dancing in hospital lobbies to relieve the strain of servicing the sick.
They were pulled up for their so called crime to be happy
Lot of people die for various reasons
Some bereaved take the losses in their stride and move on.
If one wants to be happy no one can stop it
Well...its easy to say so but as humans we have sympathy and empathy.

Many are comorbid .They anyway would have died. Corona only hastened the process.
Only yesterday I lost a relative not due to covid but natural causes.
I feel bad but somethings are not in our hands.
I might feel empathy and sympathy but I cannot shed false tears and act filmy

Our health depends on how we have lived our lives. If we are disciplined enough with regular habits and maintain minimum standards of hygiene nothing serios might happen to us.
Corona only strengthens this belief.
Alcohol in moderation and smoking a cigarette or two may not hurt much.
At the e nd of life .one should feel we have lived a good life with minimum regrets

Latest ads

Back