• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

On a different journey altogether...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR

Hare Krishna

A doctor entered the hospital in hurry after being called in for an urgent surgery. He answered the call asap, changed his clothes & went directly to the surger...y block. He found the boy’s father pacing in the hall waiting for the doctor.
On seeing him, the dad yelled:
“Why did you take all this time to come? Don’t you know that my son’s life is in danger? Don’t you have any sense of responsibility?”

The doctor smiled & said:
“I am sorry, I wasn’t in the hospital & I came as fast as I could after receiving the call…… And now, I wish you’d calm down so that I can do my work”

“Calm down?! What if your son was in this room right now, would you calm down? If your own son dies now what will you do??” said the father angrily
The doctor smiled again & replied: “I will say what Job said in the Holy Book “From dust we came & to dust we return, blessed be the name of God”. Doctors cannot prolong lives. Go & intercede for your son, we will do our best by God’s grace”
“Giving advises when we’re not concerned is so easy” Murmured the father.
The surgery took some hours after which the doctor went out happy,
“Thank goodness!, your son is saved!” And without waiting for the father’s reply he carried on his way running. “If you have any questions, ask the nurse!!”

“Why is he so arrogant? He couldn’t wait some minutes so that I ask about my son’s state” Commented the father when seeing the nurse minutes after the doctor left.
The nurse answered, tears coming down her face: “His son died yesterday in a road accident, he was at the burial when we called him for your son’s surgery. And now that he saved your son’s life, he left running to finish his son’s burial.”
Moral: Never judge anyone….. because you never know how their life is & what they’re going through”

"Never judge anyone….. because you never know how their life is & what they’re going through”

JR ji,

Very apt for this world, Well said!!

I will say "never prejudge anyone...".

When my mom had a major accident several decades ago, one of her calf bones from the left leg was used to replace the completely broken and shattered Femur and Tibia in her right arm. The doctor was Dr. Mohandas, expert in this speciality. My mom consulted him for months before the operation and Dr. Mohandas himself said, it was a unique case he operated on which was the first for that type of operation in entire Asia (or India). He took my mom's acceptance should interested candidates follow her up after the surgery to see if things are alright. I wonder if Dr. Mohandas or my mom would have been ready for anyone new if the good doctor was not available for this ground-breaking surgery on that day. Like this, there may be cases -- a surgery does not happen suddenly, the surgeon carefully studies the patient many times and has details about him in his fingertip before the surgery which other doctors might not know. So it may not be possible in some cases to switch the surgery over to another doctor immediately.

Dear JR,

I had deleted the post I wrote..but I think you quoted it before I deleted it..so kindly delete the quoted portion.

Anyway..most doctors do not pass their cases unless they have no choice.

But operating on a patient when one is in grief opens up risk of negligence law suit if the case were to go wrong somewhere.

The 1st question a lawyer would ask is "When you were clearly not in the state of mind to operate why did you?"

So its always better to not work when we are in grief.

Last 2 weeks I faced a situation where I pre judged someone.

I wear my white doctors coat to work and people around where I work know I am a doctor and I was walking to a near by shop and an elderly Chinese lady stopped me and she asked me "Are you a doctor?"

I am quite used to this.. many people stop me to ask something or the other about their health even though they do not know me....so I answered "Yes I am a doctor"

So I thought 'Ok..what is she planning to ask me?"

To my surprise she did not ask me anything but she paid me a compliment commenting that I looked attractive!LOL

I just smiled at her. I had indeed pre judged her.

Last edited:
Did it, Renuka! Yes, you are correct, operating on another one while in grief might be/should be undertaken only if no suitable substitutes are available and when the operation cannot be postponed. Such a combination would be rare indeed.

Last 2 weeks I faced a situation where I pre judged someone.

I wear my white doctors coat to work and people around where I work know I am a doctor and I was walking to a near by shop and an elderly Chinese lady stopped me and she asked me "Are you a doctor?"

I am quite used to this.. many people stop me to ask something or the other about their health even though they do not know me....so I answered "Yes I am a doctor"

So I thought 'Ok..what is she planning to ask me?"

To my surprise she did not ask me anything but she paid my a compliment commenting that I looked attractive.

I just smiled at her.

Good...! Now I'm curious to see you. Too bad, you deleted your profile pic :).

Maybe you are being too humble!

Now I must share with you some juicy news!

Your profile pic has set many hearts beating fast in Forum.

Dont ask me whose hearts but there is more than 1 person whose heart is still in fibrillation and called you an "intelligent beauty".

Renuka,

Do you know how sweet you are... nobody can compliment like that! I give you 200/100 for being innocent and sweet.

By the way, my face looks good in 'certain angles' - like when I don't smile too much, etc. Otherwise I am plain looking only. I posted one of my pics that was taken at the best angle which I know from experience taking pictures.

I consider myself to be an ordinary person - in every way.

You, on the other hand, are pretty smart. Now, the only thing I do not know about yet is your looks. Maybe your avatar can have your pic, if not profile? :)

Renuka,

Do you know how sweet you are... nobody can compliment like that! I give you 200/100 for being innocent and sweet.

By the way, my face looks good in 'certain angles' - like when I don't smile too much, etc. Otherwise I am plain looking only. I posted one of my pics that was taken at the best angle which I know from experience taking pictures.

I consider myself to be an ordinary person - in every way.

You, on the other hand, are pretty smart. Now, the only thing I do not know about yet is your looks. Maybe your avatar can have your pic, if not profile? :)

Dear JR,

I used to have my pic in my avatar..I removed it becos I felt a bit restricted and forced to be "good"..when no pic is there I can be "as bad as I want"LOL

JR ...if you see America's Next Top Model...looking good is all about angle of photography.

Some models have very basic faces that just transform on camera.

I feel a 3/4 angle looks best and the trick is do not look at the camera directly.

Even in standing pics..always stand with a slight twist so that it removes inches from the image.

Cameras add 5 pounds to our image.

So its all about angles and you got it right..never smile too much..it distorts the image.

Wow, two ladies complimenting each other on the forum! This must be a first!

Come to think of it, why do women get most of the compliments? From both men and women?

Wow, two ladies complimenting each other on the forum! This must be a first!

Come to think of it, why do women get most of the compliments? From both men and women?

When women start complimenting each other males start to wonder if they(males) are actually needed!LOL

So I can understand your concern Biswa ji....dont worry..I am quite understanding.

I think ladies also need something to fight over. So don't worry, I think males will still be around in the distant future.

Now please, both of you, go back to describing each other's beauty. It is making for interesting reading. :D

I think ladies also need something to fight over. So don't worry, I think males will still be around in the distant future.

I get it...it is indeed a fantasy of the XY species to imagine females fighting over them!LOL

Dear Biswa Sir,
Our forum has M A S members always! :grouphug:

In this thread, we have JUST two lady members. :hug:

P.S: idhellAm forum-la sagajamappA! :)

Dear Biswa Sir,
Our forum has M A S members always! :grouphug:

In this thread, we have JUST two lady members. :hug:

P.S: idhellAm forum-la sagajamappA! :)

Are you sure you got the count right? Or are you saying that the other female is not lady? LOL

Are you sure you got the count right? Or are you saying that the other female is not lady? LOL
Many proofs were submitted though deleted later on! :typing:

Hence I believe! :D

P.S: I haven't praised anyone in THIS thread! So.......... self NOT counted! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back