• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

normal vapanam permitted days

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shivadas

Dear Readers!
Namaskarams. I would like to know the days on which vapanam is prohibited on normal days for grahastas & Brahmacharis. I know following days are prohibited, Correct me if I'm wrong.

Amavasya, Poornima, Dvadashi, Masa-pirappu, Janma nakshatram, Tuesdays, fridays & Saturday.

Apart from these, certain nakshatrams are forbidden, relative to janma nakshatram. Can anyone please tell those with an example.

Narayanasmaranam

you may be correct sir, Will we be all able to live up to this? Again vapanam >> do you mean hair cut or include shaving[face] also?
kind regards

Vapanam includes shaving also uncle. So, certainly its not possible. If a person's birthday is sunday (example mine is itself sunday- a perfect holiday), then he has to omit tuesday, friday, saturday, sunday. What days are left? In a hasty rush of mornings, it is very hard to get time to tear calender itself to know the thithis and all. So, I think this is not possible for officegoers.

Anyhow am much happy that Persons like Shivdas are still keen in following these. People of this sort is much necessary to maintain our traditions.

Pranams

Hello members,

Can anyone shed light whether grahasthan(ajur veda) can tonsure his head as an offering .

Removal of shika is permitted only while sanyasa. Sama vedin brahmachari shaves his head completely during upanayana alone. After that like other vedins he must also keep shikha. After upanayana, it is not wise to tonsure completely.

I imagined the situation from a நாவிதன்'s point of view...I am glad I am not in the trade of hair trimming/ shaving. By the looks of it, about 15 days in every month, I may not get any business! In the rest of the 15 days, I can operate only between 7 AM and 11 AM at the latest! தலையில் துண்டு போட்டுக் கொண்டு போக வேண்டியதுதான்!

dear sir,
You can save any day if you are doing only MUKHA SAVARFAM, THEIR IS RULES IN DHARMA. If you are following the rule of CHOULAM then only you can see the day, thithi and ext.

Prohibited days:

It is also there in Sastras where we dont do vapanam on the thithi of our upanayanam . The thiti of our second birth..

It is also there in Sastras where we dont do vapanam on the thithi of our upanayanam . The thiti of our second birth..

You are right , but this is applicable only then when we do CHOULAM to boy at three year and upanayanam at 7 year or after. If we perform both in same day then we must do Choulam on that purticular day only

You are right , but this is applicable only then when we do CHOULAM to boy at three year and upanayanam at 7 year or after. If we perform both in same day then we must do Choulam on that purticular day only

Thanks for the update.

Ram Krishna Hari,

Arun

How about people who are in the habit of having a shave daily.If they start observing the suitable days, they will certainly find it miserable while they do this job on a day suitable for this as per shastras.

Vapanam

dear readers!
Namaskarams. I would like to know the days on which vapanam is prohibited on normal days for grahastas & brahmacharis. I know following days are prohibited, correct me if i'm wrong.

Amavasya, poornima, dvadashi, masa-pirappu, janma nakshatram, tuesdays, fridays & saturday.

Apart from these, certain nakshatrams are forbidden, relative to janma nakshatram. Can anyone please tell those with an example.

Narayanasmaranam
both father and son should not have vapanam onsame day
so also brothers should not do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back