• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

new born baby punyagavaachanam

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsundaram

will some clearly tell what are the rituals required to be done on punyaagavachanam i.e on 11th day of baby 's birth. Each sastrigal tell their own views which are varying leading to a dilemma which should be done and which to be dropped.
I am sure our knowledgeble members will advise the minimum and must requirement.
Thanks

In the thread ceremonies rituals and poojas in page no 4 ii th day punyagavachanam is there; kindly go through it ; if you are having any doubts feel free to ask

will some clearly tell what are the rituals required to be done on punyaagavachanam i.e on 11th day of baby 's birth. Each sastrigal tell their own views which are varying leading to a dilemma which should be done and which to be dropped.
I am sure our knowledgeble members will advise the minimum and must requirement.
Thanks
Shri Sundaram,

What are the rituals to be performed on the 11th. day of a baby's birth, varies from one sutra to another; some prescribe a homam, father keeping the baby on his lap and breathing over its head, etc. It will be very difficult to follow the stipulations of any of the Grihyasutras today because most of them insist on the "jAtakarma" being done before the umbilical cord is cut, or, before anyone else (except the midwife and the baby's mother touch it!).

Nowadays we do puNyAhavAcanam, jAtakarma and nAmakaraNa on the 11th.day. Some people also celebrate தொட்டில் on that day; there are others who postpone it for a later day.

So, there is no such thing as "the correct" thing. Select a purohit who is learned (I am told about one Anantanarayana Vadhyar of Hanumant Nagar, who is a learned Sanskrit Professor.) and follow what he says.

Shri Sundaram,

What are the rituals to be performed on the 11th. day of a baby's birth, varies from one sutra to another; some prescribe a homam, father keeping the baby on his lap and breathing over its head, etc. It will be very difficult to follow the stipulations of any of the Grihyasutras today because most of them insist on the "jAtakarma" being done before the umbilical cord is cut, or, before anyone else (except the midwife and the baby's mother touch it!).

Nowadays we do puNyAhavAcanam, jAtakarma and nAmakaraNa on the 11th.day. Some people also celebrate தொட்டில் on that day; there are others who postpone it for a later day.

So, there is no such thing as "the correct" thing. Select a purohit who is learned (I am told about one Anantanarayana Vadhyar of Hanumant Nagar, who is a learned Sanskrit Professor.) and follow what he says.
can you give me the contact details of sri anatanarayana vadhyar.Thanks

thank you. I tried viewing the page referred. sorry i could not get anything related. any how thanks for the care.

can you give me the contact details of sri anatanarayana vadhyar.Thanks
It should be in the local telephone directory. Otherwise he has some 40 or 50 juniors who actually cover most of Bengaluru city and any one of them will tell you. I don't have further info about him since I am now in TVPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back