• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Neither Dravida nor Arya denote a race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sri Kunjuppu!

There is only one which is "Nithya" rest are all "Mithya".

You are very correct in your observation on change. The point is, if you don't find an anchor you will be swept away by changes.

But my question is

do you agree that a enlightened intelligence is a pre-requiste for a society blinded by passions?

do you see the problem of just only pursuing the "Artha" and "Kama" jolly well without knowing about the "Parama purusharta" as is the case of current culture.

Do you recognize "Veda" is the source of intelligence right from "GOD".?

Do you recognize politics and policies are mighty structural issues which needs enlightened guidance.?

Right and wrong do exist -How can one say there is no right and wrong? I don't get the logic. Why some of you guys don't want to see Black and White? If we are going to live a life in a sense of denial, we have to always live in the gray.

I couldn't agree that all changes are beyond one's control. What we are now is what we've decided to be in the past. Life is simply but a series of decisions.

What we need is unfallible source of intelligence to guide our decision. We see God as unfallible source and Shastras as nothing but "HIS" compassionate guide. That's how we become followers and got the name "Brahmins".

Birth alone doesn't make one Brahmin, coupled with discipline only makes him a more of a brahmin and again with intelligence to guide the people it makes much more of a Brahmin.

I can continue on and on.....

Regards
malgova.mango

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you malgova.

i am respectful wonderment at your questions. most of them are beyond my comprehension. i have written my way of dealing with life. i lead life at a much more basic level than what you might credit me. it has worked for me so far. i try not to think too deeply beyond that.

your note tells me a lot about yourself. that you are highly principled man of knowledge. very erudite in our scriptures, seeking as much guidance from those scriptures to guide you in your life. for in them, there are answers to all questions.

also you find great kinship with such folks similar to you, and would like to seek more of them.

i may be offbase here in my feedback. if so, i beg your pardon.

thank you.

Dear Sri Kunjuppu!

We started talking about society issues.

BTW, I'm not at all erudite and was given to wayward living in the "Brahmachari" stage of life. I just tried some "LOGICAL" questions on societal issues . The term "Brahmins" is deeply connected with scriptures so I can't help but relating to that.

I do understand that total commitment to scriptures is very hard. In times of danger it is not practical to follow "Dharma" shastra . There is a clause "Abath Dharma" stated in the scriptures.

What I'm trying to stress is, we can start applying in whatever level we could in following the Dharma we don't have to completely turn away from that. As the Dharma is only correct refuge for the other 3 pusuits. The 4 purushatas are the fundamentals of our religion we can't ignore anyone of the 4 and live a life as "Brahmana" .

I don't side with anybody to find some inner peace as you put it. But I do like people who appreciate the scriptures.

Regards

Ps - I did some correction to my last post.

... I don't side with anybody to find some inner peace as you put it. But I do like people who appreciate the scriptures. ...

malgova,

thank you for your reply.

i have just quoted this portion of your posting.

below, i am pasting my earlier post, to which you have referred ..

your note tells me a lot about yourself. that you are highly principled man of knowledge. very erudite in our scriptures, seeking as much guidance from those scriptures to guide you in your life. for in them, there are answers to all questions.

also you find great kinship with such folks similar to you, and would like to seek more of them.

i do apologize if i gave the wrong impression about 'siding'. it is not meant to be and i thought i did not imply it here. i think 'siding' implies that there are opposite camps. i do not belieive in that. we are all together in this forum, and have more in common than differences, that we need to gang up. that is my view.

so, please clarify your statment re 'siding', as i wish to avoid such faux pas in the future.

i have one more clarification request. but that can wait, till we clear the air on this, as i am very anxious, not to hurt your feelings or be misunderstood. i hope you understand.

thank you.

Dear MMji.

I am not an expert in Sanskrit. Kindly clarify if the word is "Abath" or "aapath".

Regards,

Dear Sri Ramaa

Pardon my English - it should be "AABATH" meaning " danger".

Regards

Dear Sri Kunjuppu!

No you didn't hurt me at all.

I totally mis-preceived it. My apologies.

Regards

Dear MMji,

It is not 'aabath' but 'aapath'.

Dear Saabji!

AABATH - I used B for the 3rd pa,pha,ba,bha for aabath , anything amiss?

Regards

Sorry MMji, I missed this post of yours addressed to me. The correct Sanskrit word is 'Aapath' and not 'aabath'.

EVR,has said becoz of ill treatment by brahmins in food langar in Benares,made him a virulent anti-brahmin.I guess his ego was hurt,after all he is a self-respecting human being.But then,instead of staying put in Benares,and dealing with the issue then and there,this womaniser came all the way back to TN,and started his campaign,for self-gratification of his hurt ego.

Jaalras as usual joined.Rest is history.Its ok for people like EVR to emulate idealogies of Charavakas,but nobody has a right,saying this is truth and everyone has to follow this truth only.

British are outside people.They wanted to exploit,and are still exploiting.We are only doing catch up.The bottom line,if gods grace is lost,all these numbskulls will rule roost.And when each one of us cling to Arya or Dravida or Cauc-Asian Or African Or Indian....etc views will be myriad.In diversity we should work for unity.

sb

P.S. Apath Baandava Aanada Rakshaka

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back