• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Good can not fight Evil and Neither Can Evil Fight Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

renuka

These days with the atrocities we see in the world..everyone is hoping that "Good" will eventually triumph over "Evil".

But is this actually possible? Can Good destroy Evil or Evil Destroy Good for that matter?

I am starting to have my doubts.The reason?

As long as good exists evil too exists..as long evil exists good too will exists.

Its the two sides of a coin.

A coin needs both sides to have value.

Can there be a coin without any side but yet have value?

Hard to imagine as sideless coin that has value.It would seem like an illusion.

All our lives we have been fed with stories that Good triumphs over Evil.
Even our Hindu festivals are all about Good killing Evil.

Diwali for instance..Rama vs Ravan..or Krishna Vs Narakasura

Then Durga pooja..Durga Vs Mahishasura.

Its always someone vs another...the eternal fight of Good Vs Evil.

We have been conditioned to think of destroying another since childhood tru such stories and celebrations.

Is there any festival that does not warrant anything being destroyed..be it good or evil?

Hardly..its always a battle.

But we are made to believe that this battle actually fosters goodness.

A strange paradox in my opinion.

Right now in the world everyone wants only Good to reign.

What ISIL calls good is not what many would call good.

But even then its still Goodness in their eyes.

The Shankaracharya of Dwaraka thought by string up the Naga Sadhus to warn the devotees of Shiridi Baba he would foster Goodness. Strange!

Seeing all these I feel peace is only possible if both good and evil do not exists.

Peace is neither good nor evil.Peace is a state of status quo..its an equilibrium.

Only by transcending both good and evil one can actually experience peace.

That can only be achieved if we are taught to not conceptualize anything.

Have a free mind that does not attach to the idea of good or evil.

I vividly remember my mother explaining to me and my brothers what Diwali is all about.She used to example of Rama Vs Ravan and upon reaching Ayodhya ..Diwali was celebrated.

Then my elder brother asked her "You mean to say we are supposed to jump in joy and be happy when another person is dead?"

To which my mother replied that good will always triumph over evil.

A young mind does not know war..a young mind only knows love.

At times all these good vs evil stories poison the minds of children.

We make them "little soldiers" and that is how even evil starts.

Evil can only arise from goodness. A goodness gone out of control.

Even the Avatars love making a trip down to earth to "fight" evil in order to Parithranaya the Sadhunam and Vinashaya the Dushkrtam.

This would be endless..may be Avatars enjoy the game of good and evil they play on us.

I wonder why hardly anyone emphasizes the need to transcend both good and evil.

Religious texts too seldom or hardly talk about this.

Everyone reserves going beyond duality for a Sanyasin or a realized soul.

But even we normal non sanyasins are capable to even have this thought of not holding on to both good or evil..so why is there lack of emphasis of this for the common man?

The common man is not ignorant.

If the common man as an infant gets up and walks without anyone holding his hand..that shows he is capable of anything.

He only becomes weak when he is taught to imagine "evil" as the enemy of the state and that is when all problems start.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

You are right .Nature supports both good and evil. In fact both need to be there. the need for triumphing over evil comes when evil begins to get deep rooted and widespread. That is not supported by nature. There is a spontaneous reaction from nature that counters such development and brings the evil under control. This is the reason for avatars happening.

The ultimate state of the reality is perfect harmony. Evil has no place in it. that is the reason it is not allowed to get deep rooted.

The ultimate state of the reality is perfect harmony. Evil has no place in it. that is the reason it is not allowed to get deep rooted.

Dear Sravna,

In the ultimate state of reality..there is no place for goodness either.

Dear Renuka,

Good triumphing over evil is establishing the harmony. So good has to and will triumph over the evil.

Dear Renuka,

Good triumphing over evil is establishing the harmony. So good has to and will triumph over the evil.

Dear Sravna,

It seems that you feel the harmony/peace is a state of Goodness?

Is it so?

Peace/harmony in the real sense is a state that is even beyond Goodness.

What we interpret as Goodness or Peace or Harmony is just our own attachment to our Ego.

Nothing has been transcended.

It would be really hard to imagine a state where our Ego ceases to exists.

In that state there is no duality of any kind.

There is no victor..there is no loser.There isnt even a game to play.

As long we even hold on to the concept of "Good"..only "Evil" can come out of it.

Its like the Nayagan Movie Dialogue " Neenga Nallavara Kettavara?"

In peace we are neither!

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

When evil ceases to exist, there is peace. that is while evil is there, peace cannot be there, when good is established peace can exist. So when I talk of good triumphing over evil, I mean the establishment of peace. As you rightly say, one has to go beyond good ultimately in the sense one has to transcend even positive emotions. But what I say is good is the way to peace.

Dear Renuka,

. But what I say is good is the way to peace.

Dear Sravna,

Good can only be the way to peace if one eventually gives up the concept of Goodness..only then Evil too will cease to exists.

India and pakisthan are at peace because both are nuclear powers. and there there is strategic balance

Goodness has nothing to do with establishing this balance.

One joke about goodness

When one well known actress was wearing very expensive jewels around her neck , someone in astonishment said " my goodness'

the actress said sweetly 'My dear Goodness has nothing to do with it'

Dear sir/madam,
Our ancestors who were holding more IQ and EQ values and practicing in their day today life might be having some reasons which may not be comprehanded/understood by our weak minds. We are making speculations and not understanding in proper light. This is my Humble opinion. Some more learned people has not entered still in this thread. This is our lack of Faith/Thapas.
S N Krishnan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back