• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Neglect of viswanathan anand - king of chess

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last couple of years, sachin has become more statistics oriented

instead of performance oriented, which reflected in his poor showing.

I wonder if you guys heard of something called aging and sports performance.

Age is not like Wine that gets better with age when it comes to sports.

No sportsman will be the same as he ages..If anyone of you had taken sports seriously in your life then you can surely know that age catches up eventually and performance will not be the same..on second thoughts..why take sports alone as an example... performance of the carnal kind too goes down with age.

So I guess may be next we should have a Bharat Ratna for a person who can gun it the same as he did as a teen and as now as an Octogenarian.

Wonder why no one thought of this category before!LOL

Last edited:
If our Govt. agrees to bestow 'Bharat Ratna' on all the recommended candidates,

it is likely to become like 'Kalaimamani' award!! :dizzy:

Not to take away from his achievements, but Anand is pretty much a Spanish resident at this point, Indian only in name.

If our Govt. agrees to bestow 'Bharat Ratna' on all the recommended candidates, it is likely to become like 'Kalaimamani' award!!
I suppose the thinking is Baharat Ratna is reserved only for those who excel in main stream endeavors, i.e. upper caste endeavors approved by the bourgeoisie. I remember, this Kalaimani comment is about honoring folk art that is supposed to be beneath the dignity of upper caste connoisseurs.

promoting a sedentary game like chess amongst asian public!! Naaah i am against it, no offence for the grand-master, but not the first sporstman to bag the award..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back