• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Viswanathan anand's mother passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CHANDRU1849

Sushila Viswanathan, mother of five time world Chess Champion Viswanathan Anand, passed away in Chennai on Wednesday the 26th May. She was 79.

Her husband Mr K Viswanathan was a retired GM of Southern Railway.

As per Manuel Aaron - India's first International Master, she was a 'tower of strength' and added that she had been Anand's mentor and guide all his life, a very nice and gentle lady who always had a smile on her face.

Also, when Anand had to struggle for Govt.'s support in hie early days, she used to call up the government agencies to check whether her son's name had been cleared and so on. There was no STD facility then. She had to place trunk calls. She once jokingly told Manuel Aaron, 'If I had not made all those phone calls, I would have had enough money to take my son half way round the world.'

May her soul rest in peace.

She should be called the "Mother of Indian Chess". It is always said there is a woman behind a successful man and here it is and she is, mother, and well groomed d.i.l. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back