• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Neeyaa Naana episode about Thirukkural

Status
Not open for further replies.
......... is valluvar serious about what he exhorts or has he just exaggerated the power of a chaste woman.

are there no chaste women in our land who have the power to bring shower by just a command of the mouth?
Thiruvalluvar has not exaggerated the power of chaste woman. We read about a chaste woman was able to change the powerful

Trimurthis as babies! But now such powerful women don't exist and hence no one can bring rain just by a command! If a woman

does not pray to God, she will never ever pray her husband, when she wakes up. :)

Thiruvalluvar sports Vibhuti in a statue in front of Sanskrit college, Mylapore..Has any one noticed it? Is he a Saiva?
Usually the image of Thiruvalluvar is without vibhuti.

But I found one picture, with vibhuthi on his forehead, in Google images:

v133Thiruvalluvar3.jpg

sir, what do you mean to say? you seem to have quoted annadurai. dyu mean following a'durai may do miracles?

I remembered these 3 things in referrence to this thirukural to show if women (or men) follows they can do wonders.. it is just a spark in my mind reading that.

I also see so many management videos nowadays come and appreciated by many in social media... but it is very easy to link each of their wonderful points with some Thirukurals...

Once Lord Shiva was dancing in one of the 5 sabhas famous in South India. He had full attendance of Nandi, and all other Siva ganas watching him. When the dance ended, he asked the siva ganas, "Did anyone notice anything strange during the dance?". For that, no one replied. Then Lord Shiva told the ganas, "There a simple man is writing many, many verses on code of living for people. He is a great bhakta of mine. Go ask him what was different in the dance". The ganas immediately went to Thiruvalluvar and asked him what was different in the dance. Thiruvalluvar replied, "During the dance, Lord Shiva's thaadangam (his earring) fell down, and Lord Shiva without anyone could notice, swiftly and tactfully lifted it with his foot and wore it back again...!".

And all this, upto this minute detail, was envisioned by Thiruvalluvar using his 'divya drishti'! Such was his spiritual greatness!

If TiruvaLLuvar had gone to Srirangam his vibhuti might have stood up vertically with coloured middle line or otherwise. They give pattai to elephants there. Jaisa desh vaisa vesh - or do in Rome as Romans do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back