• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Need info on Karnataka temples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Members

We are planning to go on a pilgrimage to temples such as Udupi, Kukke Subramanya, Sringeri, Kollur, Dharmasthala, Horanadu and Dodda Mallur Nava neetha Krishnan . I want to know if any of these is situated on a hill, because we cant go to hill temples at present.

Bhavana
Please take road routes by car to enjoy the beauty of the places. Services are available from Udupi to Mangalore covering all the places including Murdheswar making 1,000 kms+/- approx.

Last edited:
Dear Smt Bhavana,

You haven't mentioned whether your inability to visit shrines on hills is due to any religious reasons or due to health reasons.

I have visited some of these temples years ago. To the best of my memory, Kollur and Dharmasthala are on the western ghats. Sringeri, though I have not visited, is further up in the mountains, though not high ranges. Horanadu is also on hilly terrain. Only Udupi is on the plain. All other places are in close proximity to Udupi.

Besides, complete contact details of all mentioned details are just a google search away.

warm regards

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your replies.As suggested by Iyyarooran Sir , we hired a taxi and visited all the temples easily. The swami darshan as well as the natural scenary did bring us much peace and happiness.

Bhavana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back