• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Need advice on house shifting

Anand90

Hello,

We are joint family consist my mother and brother living in same house. both me and brother are not married and my Brother is bought new house recently.
Hence my mother want to move to new house till i get marry and after my marriage i can stay in this old house separately that was plan. In old house I am doing regularly poojas with god idols till date. Can i shift those pooja item to my brother house and can continue pooja. and after marriage can i take those idols to my old house again.

I heard we can not re occupy same house again. But not sure if this is for rented house or own also.

I confused whether I should move to my brother house or should stay here even if I don't marry.

In short, Two doubts,
1. Can i re occupy after marriage in my old house.
2. can i change my pooja room to my brother house and again take back when i shift to my house.

Please suggest me.

Thanks for your kind response. So there will not be any bad luck if come back old house after few months as per vasthu Or astro.

Because in my small age when we used to stay in rented house my mom used to say can't occupy same house again if we vacate.

Hello,

We are joint family consist my mother and brother living in same house. both me and brother are not married and my Brother is bought new house recently.
Hence my mother want to move to new house till i get marry and after my marriage i can stay in this old house separately that was plan. In old house I am doing regularly poojas with god idols till date. Can i shift those pooja item to my brother house and can continue pooja. and after marriage can i take those idols to my old house again.

I heard we can not re occupy same house again. But not sure if this is for rented house or own also.

I confused whether I should move to my brother house or should stay here even if I don't marry.

In short, Two doubts,
1. Can i re occupy after marriage in my old house.
2. can i change my pooja room to my brother house and again take back when i shift to my house.

Please suggest me.

One issue that I see is, at a later stage, when you want to shift the vigrahas from your brother's house (and his wife will also be there), your brother has to consider the views of his wife (and probably her family members). They may not like to shift the idols in puja from their house to another house. There are lot of sentiments in this.

My suggestion is currently you shift, but later on when you separate, just take a vigraha/murti that your brother and wife give you heartfully, to your new house. Even if you don't get any, you can get new ones.

Remember you are not performing puja for the idol. By your prana pratishta you make it into a murti and you worship that murti in that idol. sah-aham - aham sah. hamsa soham - soham hamsah.

Latest ads

Back