• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Navaratna ring wearing position

Status
Not open for further replies.

ஆடாத சதை ..... உரமான உடல்!

கூடாத உறவு ..... கெட்டவராயின் நலம்!

ஈயாத வள்ளல் ..... ஈயாவிட்டால் வள்ளலே அல்ல!

தேயாத நிலவு ..... நாளும் முழு நிலவு! பிரதமை, அஷ்டமி, நவமி பயம் இல்லை!!

உண்ணாத உணவு ..... ஃப்ரிஜ்ஜில் வைத்தால், மறுநாள் உதவும்!

எண்ணாத எண்ணம் .....
சமாதி நிலையோ?

காணாத கனவு ..... மிக நல்ல உறக்கம்!

வீணான இரவு ..... ??

ஏறாத மரம் ..... யாரும் கிளைகளை வெட்ட மாட்டார்களே!

கோராத வரம் ..... கோராமல் கொடுப்பான் இறைவன்!

வீசாத தென்றல் ..... அது வீசத்தான் வேண்டும்!

பேசாத காதல் ..... சண்டையே வராது!

பாடாத குயில் ..... பரிதாபத்திற்கு உவமை ஆகும்!

ஆடாத மயில் ..... பெட்டை மயில் ஆடாது! அதுதான் வம்சம் வளர்க்கும்!

இனிக்காத உறவு ..... வெட்டன மற!

பனிக்காத இரவு ..... மார்கழி தவிர, சிங்காரச் சென்னையில்!

செல்லாத ஊர்கள் ..... கூட்டம் குறையும்!

சொல்லாத பேர்கள் ..... மறந்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை!

சுடாத நெருப்பு..... 'பூமிதி' (தீ மிதித்தல்) செய்வோருக்கு நலம் தருமே!

விடாத துன்பம் ..... இதன் பயனால் மனமும் உடலும் கெடுமே!

கிட்டாத இன்பம் ..... என்றால் பிறருக்குக் கிட்டிய இன்பமோ?

ஒட்டாத உறவு ..... சாப்பாடு, போன், பயணம் இன்ன பிற செலவுகள் இல்லை!

நீந்தாத மீன் ..... மீன் பிரியர்கள் எளிதில் பிடிப்பார்கள்!

ஓங்காத வாள் ..... உயிர்கள், உடல்கள் சேதம் ஆகாது!

ஏதோ பயனுள்ளவைதான் இவையும்! :high5:

Is it the one used for 'miLagAy bajji' sold in the trade fair?

Sowbagyavathy Raji Ram, Greetings.

I don't know about the 'milagai bajji' in trade fair. But many years ago, at the Marina beach I and Padma used to enjoy the 'milagi bajji'.. that milagi was quite hot. Padma used to cry due to milagai hot, and eat more of that stuff! But 'banana capsicum' is quite large, almost a small medium sized capsicum in volume. very pale green in colour. Often times I had to add chilli powder to make it reasonably hot! Otherwise it would just stay with 'அசட்டுத் தித்திப்பு' ( asattu thiththippu), you know what I mean? Alternatively I would sprinkle crushed black pepper to make it stingy, but not chilli hot.

Cheers!

...... I don't know about the 'milagai bajji' in trade fair. ...........
Dear Raghy Sir,

Here is the 'miLagAy mAlai' seen in trade fair. I think it is the banana chilli!

Milagabajjistall1.jpg

Photo courtesy: Google images.

Sowbagyavathy Raji Ram,

Yes. That is a garland of banana capsicum. Often times I prepared poriyal with that stuff. I normally would leave it just about half cooked; the exterior lightly browned. that's all. Cut that capsucum in just about 6 pieces, remove the seeds and the core and cook it with mustrad seeds and curry leaves. ( We don't make bajji or vadai at all. Padma was craving for poori..... after years of craving, we made it about 6 weeks ago. No more poori!).

Cheers1

I absolutely lovee banana capsicum (is that its real name?) I find these other round bell peppers/capsicum boring (boring because I grew up eating those)
Bell pepper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
but banana capsicum I've never seen it before until I went to London. It must be from the subcontinent i think. I usually use all these capsicums in pasta to make it more colourful, but I'm definitely trying the poriyal sometime soon.

Well that is the nature of a public messageboard/fora. Threads will get diverted and people will post other stuff. Its normal! all part of a forum. Thats the interesting spontaneity that is the public fora! If one doesnt like it, tough!!. :rolleyes:

The answer for the query in the O P is given long back!

So, what can we do in this thread??
:suspicious:

Here is an interesting information about navaratna:

Navaratna Gemstones and their Planetary Representations:

1) Ruby – MAnikkam –
Lord Surya or Sun

2) Pearl – Muththu –
Lord Chandra or Moon

3) Red Coral – Pavazham –
Lord Kuja or Mars

4) Emerald – Maragatham –
Lord Budha or Mercury