• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Nara unknown quantity at this this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also thinking along the same line. Would really like to know what it means and who decides whether posters are 'on a distinguished road' or 'an unknown quantity' and on what basis?

i will add my list to the curious :)

i think we know nara pretty well, as he does not hide what he stands for. some of the others, i would consider, more an 'unknown quantity' :)

i was going through the new ranking which features in every post below the persons name. many of them says 'is on the distinguished road' but below sh.naras name it says Nara unknown quanitity at this point

what does it mean. sounds like bit insulting
No, not at all, it sounds intriguing, mysterious may be, unknown quantity, may be gold, may be platinum, may be just dung, you need to pay attention to really know :) :)

Dear Shri. Nara,
Perhaps your infinite qualities are being reflected as unknown quantity as of now. Infinity cannot be measured. So perhaps it is a special form of complement only!

i will add my list to the curious :)

i think we know nara pretty well, as he does not hide what he stands for. some of the others, i would consider, more an 'unknown quantity' :)

i feel much better words could have been used to distinguish the learned professor. usage of words such as quantity to define a person is not a right one.

Folks, isn't it wonderful to be the focus of attention? I am not any less a narcissist to not enjoy all the attention :)

Folks, isn't it wonderful to be the focus of attention? I am not any less a narcissist to not enjoy all the attention :)

but this kind of tag is somewhat shows a negative picture, though it gives way for center of attraction. i suggest, whoever is doing this certification, hope its not an automated software, should come out with an explanation that why an esteemed member is addressed as an object or quantity, and if possible a soft apology would be ideal.

Just to clarify, this is not given on an individual basis.

It is an addon application that has been installed and all rankings system are currently in default settings.

Please note - at no point in time an individual's ranking is tampered with or given any special consideration. It is determined by the application based on the formula that has been pre-defined.

Some more information that i have copy/pasted from the official site

User Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of your user's benefit to your forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of your forum users that choose take part in it.

Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content.

Here is also a screenshot explaining the levels
reputation_manager.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back