• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

nairobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I am at Dubai.....I may transfer to Nairobi/kenya by oct or Nov 2012. I am hailing brahim iyer community..

i need some informations for Veg food & Accommodation, Co will provide evverything in salary package....

since I pure vegetrian can I survive.....

await your guidance,

thanks / regards,
ganesan
hi
may our south african friend Haridasa Siva can help u....

Dear Shri.Ganesan,

May of the Indian veg (like vendakka, paavakka, etc.) we get here many times come from Nairobi. I understand there is a big Indian community there and it should be a home away from home for Indians. If I can be a vegetarian in SA, it should be even easier for you to be so in Kenya. So, don't worry.

All the best with your new assignment and stay in touch.

Last edited:
Dear Mr Hari

thanks alot, once finalised my transfer will touch with u

ganesan

Dear Shri.Ganesan,

May of the Indian veg (like vendakka, paavakka, etc.) we get here many times come from Nairobi. I understand there is a big Indian community there and it should be a home away from home for Indians. If I can be a vegetarian in SA, it should be even easier for you to be so in Kenya. So, don't worry.

All the best with your new assignment and stay in touch.

Dear Mr.Ganesan,
I am a pure vegetarian and I was in Nairobi for over 3 years between 1997-2000. I never had any difficulty about veg food. Vegetables are very easily available and not too expensive either. Rice and wheat are also available in all markets. They are also of better quality than we get here in India. There is a good bunch of Gujju shop owners who run most of the super markets and they make sure that Indian stuff are available to the Indian community. There is also a good tamil brahmin community there and they indulge in all our community/culture related activities, including Thyagaraja Utsavam. If you have any further specific queries, do please write.
Regards
apsarathy

than k u somuch...

once my transfer finanliased will keep u posted

thanks once again.

Dear Mr.Ganesan,
I am a pure vegetarian and I was in Nairobi for over 3 years between 1997-2000. I never had any difficulty about veg food. Vegetables are very easily available and not too expensive either. Rice and wheat are also available in all markets. They are also of better quality than we get here in India. There is a good bunch of Gujju shop owners who run most of the super markets and they make sure that Indian stuff are available to the Indian community. There is also a good tamil brahmin community there and they indulge in all our community/culture related activities, including Thyagaraja Utsavam. If you have any further specific queries, do please write.
Regards
apsarathy

Now I am at Dubai.....I may transfer to Nairobi/kenya by oct or Nov 2012. I am hailing brahim iyer community..

i need some informations for Veg food & Accommodation, Co will provide evverything in salary package....

since I pure vegetrian can I survive.....

await your guidance,

thanks /regards,
ganesan

.... I am hailing brahim iyer community......

ganesan

Sir:
Looks like you are much excited and already influenced by your stay in Dubai. For the first time I hear about a muslim iyer community since you say that you hail from
brahim iyer community .. Did you mean ibrahim iyer community?

PS: this is tongue-in-cheek!

Last edited:

Sir:
Looks like you are much excited and already influenced by your stay in Dubai. For the first time I hear about a muslim iyer community since you say that you hail from
brahim iyer community .. Did you mean ibrahim iyer community?

PS: this is tongue-in-cheek!

It need not be.
I had a Christian friend from Goa, who was attracted to Christian girl from Kerala. When I suggested that they should get married, he told me that his father will never accept the union. Then he told me that he was a Brahmin Christian and she was a NB.

Some prominent castes among Sikhs are Arora, Khatri, Ramgarhia, Jat, Saini, Kamboh, Mahton, Chhimba, Mohyal , Chamar, etc. Each caste has its sphere of influence and specialization.

Brahman , the highest caste among Hindus, does not have the same rank in Punjab, especially among Sikhs. In rural areas most of them are ordinary farmers and generally not as prosperous as Jats, Mahtons and Sainis etc. They also used to work as cooks in villages when they did not have sufficient land for ploughing. In urban area they also do shopkeeping. They gave up their traditional profession of priest craft a long time ago during Mughal era when Hinduism was not allowed to be practiced openly. A clear sign of this state of affairs to have existed was the complete absence of historical Hindu temples in Punjab which were demolished during Mughal rule. Brahmins of Punjab were thus deprived of their traditional means of living and were driven to penury.

Mohyals are one of the Brahmin groups of Punjab who in earlier era also used to be Sikhs in good numbers. Many of Gurus' close comrades like Chaupa Singh, Bhai Mati Das and Bhai Sati Das came from this caste. In the earlier era of Sikh history, it was not uncommon to come across the term Brahman Sikh.

Some of the earlier Rehitnamas or regulations of Sikhs were authored by Brahman Sikhs some of whom had used them to insinuate higher status for themselves but the reformist Sikhs of twentieth century rejected these Rehitnamas as inauthentic and developed a new revised one which is now endorsed and published by SGPC.

hi
there is big/huge gujju community in nairobi...i heard that there swami narayan temple (BAPS) temple there...may be Hare krishna

temple too...

Yes, there is a big Guru Swaminarayan temple there. It is really a marvellous piece of work; the stones were imported from Rajasthan; the labour from North India + the locals. It was inaugurated by the then President of Kenya. There is also a Hare Krishna movement but it is not that visible.

apsarathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back