• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Nail the Aryan Invasion Theory-Indus valley civilization doomed by 200 year drought

Status
Not open for further replies.
British Historians who propounded the Aryan Invasion theory to spread their missionary tentacles in South India will now be forced to eat humble pie! It is a fiction of their imagination!

The collapse of Indus valley civilization is on account of debilitating drought and not any thing else!

Read this article originally published in Nature

200-Year Drought Doomed Indus Valley Civilization - Scientific American

Dear Vgane ji,

You see there was drought..then all Aryans came into India and started doing Havan(Homa) and chanted Havan Karenge Havan Karenge and rains started again!

So Aryan invasion theory still holds good!LOL(just kidding BTW)

[video=youtube_share;cAAD8boQp_o]http://youtu.be/cAAD8boQp_o[/video]

Dear Vgane

The 200 year famine is just one theory.

Please read the article " Ancient city found, irradiated from Atomic Blasts " - refers specifically
to the Indus Valley Civilization.

From modern scientific studies such as carbon dating etc., the time period suggests that the Aryans would still
been just tribes of hunter-gatherers, in Asia-Minor, when such an advanced society existed.

Article on the archaeological excavations and findings in : Archaeology Answers About Ancient Civilizations Indus River Valley, Ancient Maps of the World, Ancient India Civilizations, Ancient China Civilization, Strange Pictures, Dead Men's Secrets, Lost Technology, and more...

B Rgds
Yay Yem

Aryan theory cannot be false. ( at least for me)

At my home we were casually discussing about baby names and I said I prefer a Tamil name for our next...My wife said, no way, we are all Aryans and our language is Sanskit. :)

At my home we were casually discussing about baby names and I said I prefer a Tamil name for our next...My wife said, no way, we are all Aryans and our language is Sanskit. :)

I am curious who does the "we" refer to? :)

I also believe in the Aryan invasion theory, but not in racial supremacy. I.e. I dont believe the Aryans were superior to Dravidian, Sinhalans, Tibetans, Indus Valley people or anybody else.

Nobody in modern India is a pure "anything" btw. Far from it.

Who's gonna buy all these theories? Most of these so-called invasion theories have more holes than a sieve.

At the moment however, India is facing people invasion from UP, Bihar and so on. Those places are exploding, and the rest of India is imploding as a result.

Who's gonna buy all these theories? Most of these so-called invasion theories have more holes than a sieve.

At the moment however, India is facing people invasion from UP, Bihar and so on. Those places are exploding, and the rest of India is imploding as a result.

But being from North India (Aryabhoomi), they must be Aryans, no?

So said Karunanidhi. Anyone slightly north of Andhra is automatically 'Aryan'. Interestingly, Kerala people deride Tamilians for propounding various conspiracy theories and always wanting a 'Dravida Nadu'.

And if 'they' are Aryans, where do Tamil Brahmins fit in? Neglected, nowhere people?

Tamil name as in Mayandi, Muniyandi, Sangili, Munsami, Madasami, Muniamma, Kuppamma, Supamma, Rakkayi..etc??

Tamil name as in Mayandi, Muniyandi, Sangili, Munsami, Madasami, Muniamma, Kuppamma, Supamma, Rakkayi..etc??

BTW the word Sangili is also found in a Marathi dialect.....its Sangkli in a Marathi dialect with the same meaning.

Remember this song?

Galyan Sangkli Sonya Chi Hi Pori Kona Chi (Who is the girl with the gold chain around her neck)

[video=youtube_share;KGdtqG1vlvE]http://youtu.be/KGdtqG1vlvE[/video]

That is incorrect..There are lot of Tamil names among the 63 Nayanmars who were Brahmins such as Manickavasagar, Campantar, Pusalar, Muruga, Isaignani, Kulachirai etc

The Tamil Brahmins names have undergone lot of changes in the last 2000 years..

All from dharmashetra are not dharmishtas. Anyway aryan race concept is western import. In our culture, anyone who commands respect is an aryan. He who does despicable and base deeds is an anaryan.

Ayya, iyer, iyengar are are derived terms and were not restrictive.

Who are the strongest supporters of the Aryan Invasion theory?

The Dravidian politicians of Tamil Nadu. It is the basis of their survival.

The Brahmins of India especially the Tamil Nadu Brahmins. They fought a number of battles in Wikipedia to ensure that their Aryan ancestry is mentioned. They are the proponents and strongest supporters of the theories of migration from North India.

I am a Dravida Brahmin. Dravida is a geographical term mentioned in the Puranas. Since I belong to Dravida desam I am a Dravida Brahmin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmin

Who are the strongest supporters of the Aryan Invasion theory?

The Dravidian politicians of Tamil Nadu. It is the basis of their survival.

The Brahmins of India especially the Tamil Nadu Brahmins. They fought a number of battles in Wikipedia to ensure that their Aryan ancestry is mentioned. They are the proponents and strongest supporters of the theories of migration from North India.

But when I was in India as a student..only the TB students used to say they are Aryans and one TB girl even told me that she is an Aryan like a German.

I stood staring at her wide eyed wondering why she did not look like Claudia Schiffer!LOL

So I feel we really cant blame any Brahmin or Non Brahmin from TN for believing this theory..it is just that everyone had their own agenda to adhere to it.

Non Brahmins would have adhered to it to gain political mileage and TBs would have adhered to it (secretly) to feel they were different from the others around them.

So both are too blame..being honest to ourselves can actually solve a lot of problems.

Last edited:
But when I was in India as a student..only the TB students used to say they are Aryans and one TB girl even told me that she is an Aryan like a German.

I stood staring at her wide eyed wondering why she did not look like Claudia Schiffer!LOL

So I feel we really cant blame any Brahmin or Non Brahmin from TN for believing this theory..it is just that everyone had their own agenda to adhere to it.

Non Brahmins would have adhered to it to gain political mileage and TBs would have adhered to it (secretly) to feel they were different from the others around them.

So both are too blame..being honest to ourselves can actually solve a lot of problems.

prior to the propounding of this theory, renus, tambrams, were mostly, integral part of tamil life and culture.

this theory, along with babu jobs in the british administration, resulted in tambrams, to be executors of law and bureaucracy, at the lowest level dealing with the common man. this built up a level of authority, and into arrogance and overlordship, quickly resented by the erstwhile dominant castes ie mudaliars, pillais, and the middle castes ... and a coagulated anti brahmin front formed.

rest is history.

prior to the propounding of this theory, renus, tambrams, were mostly, integral part of tamil life and culture.

this theory, along with babu jobs in the british administration, resulted in tambrams, to be executors of law and bureaucracy, at the lowest level dealing with the common man. this built up a level of authority, and into arrogance and overlordship, quickly resented by the erstwhile dominant castes ie mudaliars, pillais, and the middle castes ... and a coagulated anti brahmin front formed.

rest is history.

DK movement a.k.a Justice Party was dominated by Telugu Chettis and Balija Naidus. Ironically, both these castes were consigned to the "forward caste" bin, as soon as the middle castes realized that these castes had outlived their utility.

Brahmins were used as a step stool by the middle castes, but the ever resilient Brahmin armed himself with education and left Tamilnadu. Except for the dregs, not too many Brahmins really "suffered" as is being portrayed.

The original proponents of the Dravidian theory have taken the biggest blows (Chettis and Naidus).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back