• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mysterious Instances of Women’s Braids Being Chopped Off Spread Scare in Haryana, NCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GANESH65

Mysterious Instances of Women’s Braids Being Chopped Off Spread Scare in Haryana, NCR
There have been reports of a mysterious force cutting off women's braids as many women across Haryana and Rajasthan have complained of it while they were either sleeping or unconscious.

Mysterious Instances of Women's Braids Being Chopped Off Spread Scare in Haryana, NCR (Representational Image)
New Delhi/Gurgaon/Alwar, Aug 2: At least 15 instances of women’s braids being chopped off have created panic among people in various parts of Haryana, Rajasthan and NCR. There have been reports of a mysterious force cutting off braids as many women across Haryana and Rajasthan have complained of it while they were either sleeping or unconscious. The state of panic was such that women rushed to tantriks to seek divine protection from them. Police said that the matter came to light when three women complained of their hair being cut off by a mysterious force.
“First, a woman in the morning claimed that somebody cut off her hair while she was working in the farm. She claimed that she fell unconscious after the incident. Later, another woman said that she fell down on her way to her house and when she woke up she felt her hair being plucked off,” a police official was quoted as saying by TOI, adding, panic spread when another woman complained of an ‘evil spirit’ cutting off her hair. Police also said that they have been investigating CCTV footage, but suspect that it is work of anti-social elements. More than 15 incidents have been reported from Mewat, Haryana.
On Saturday, two cases of hair-chopping were reported at the Sector 5, Gurgaon police station on July 29. Asha Devi, 24, reported that she was going to relieve herself at around 9:30 PM when a woman wearing black clothes stopped her, investigating officer sub-inspector Naveen Yadav, said. On the same day, Sunita Devi, a resident of Ashok Vihar phase-III area in Gurgaon, complained to the police that a man in his 60s attacked her at her house and she fell unconscious. When she woke up, her braid had been chopped off.
“While I was preparing dinner in the kitchen, I saw a thin man in a red and yellow outfit at the main entrance of my house. When I went to enquire, I saw he was carrying a trident. I told him to go away. He went away and disappeared only to reappear,” she claimed, adding, “When I regained consciousness, I found myself lying on the floor and my braid was chopped off.”
On Sunday, July 30, three incidents of hair-chopping were reported from Kanganheri village near Delhi. “We have not come across any plausible reason on ‘forces’ cutting off the hair of women. We will speak to women to get a clear picture of the incidents,” an official said. However, the police claimed that the incidents have created fears of ‘evil spirits’ tormenting the village.
“We have assigned our male members or family heads to patrol on a daily basis in two shifts. They are to stay alert 24X7 in order to combat the gang, animal or ghost, whatever it may be, responsible,” Ram Mehar Yadav, a resident of Punahana, said. “Local villagers are saying that women’s braids are being chopped off mysteriously. They say a cat-like animal appears and makes them unconscious. It then chops off their braids and disappears. The villagers claim that ghosts are behind it,” said DSP Ferozpur Jhirka Yadram. He said that police has received complaints of 2,3 incidents in Ferozpur Jhirka’s Santhwari and Satras villages. The incidents of hair chopping by a mysterious force have also been reported from Malhaka village, Punahana, Dallawas, Jharpuri, Hamka, Padhen, Shikarpur, Mohammad Pur Aheer.

Published Date: August 2, 2017 12:38 PM IST | Updated Date: August 2, 2017 12:47 PM ISTcomment
http://www.india.com/news/india/mys...pped-off-spread-scare-in-haryana-ncr-2371429/

Ha ha ha....like a Vijay movie where his sister does not have thick long braids and her friend brags to her that she has thicker longer braids and Vijays sis gets upset.

Vijay then breaks into the girls house to cut off her braids but ends up cutting off the girls mothers braids instead.

So for all we know some similar story here.

Police have a theory that no person is indulging in this action.

Women with some disorder are cutting their hair themselves and blaming it on mysterious person.

They are calling for the help of psychologists to help them crack the case.

May be true. But how ladies from far flung areas like Meerut,Ghaziabad to Faridabad, Gurgaon and northern part of Delhi developed such disorder simultaneously on one fine morning is something unusual.

Years back , a story started that Ganapati statues in temples drink milk and all women went to temples with their jug of milk for Ganapati.

This is simliar.

This story will die in a few days.

I am in Delhi and I have heard of this.. lol.

This is a hot news in the area these days.

Its funny and unbelievable.

We are strictly asked to tie hair into buns when we go out.

lol

Dear Krish Sir,

What kind of comparison is this? :lol:

Lord Ganapathi drank milk and it is just capillary action.

But chopping of the braid is different and alarming. :shocked:

Can females leave it easily as 'ma**rE pOchchu!' ??

:nono:

This hair chopping is taking more interesting turns. One old lady was branded as a witch cutting the hair of women in one village and lynched.

Several years back, someone with monkey masks was terrorising women in delhi by looking into windows of houses in delhi. The story of monkey God visiting homes started. Police were

vexed until the culprit was located.This was also depicted in hindi film Delhi 6 .

Periodically someone begins a stunt and rumour mills grind . then the issue assumes epic proportions.

Normally such things die after sometime..

Now more cases of hair chops from Delhi-NCR.

A medical psychologist Dr Sudhir Khandelwal from Ex AIIMS calls it as cases of altered consciousness -the medical term Altered sensorium-a medical condition characterised

by impaired consciousness or inability to think clearly.He thinks that these women want attention and engage in this act so that others will take notice of them.

A senior police officer has begged the media not to highlight these cases as children are getting affected by such stories.

Perhaps Neem, Lemons, Chillies may ward off the 'Evil spirit'.......lol

For more new theories....

Is It a Man? A Cat? A Ghost? Braid Chopping Brews Bizarre Theories

thequint%2F2017-08%2F843e05d9-6412-407f-b7b9-84c49097df27%2FAmarvati%20Saini.JPG

Baal khule mat rakha karo, koi kaat dega (Don’t roam around with your hair open, somebody will cut it),” a middle-aged lady with long black hair warned us as we walked down Gali Number 4 of Veer Bazaar in South West Delhi’s Kapashera area.
What prompted the alert was a series of ‘choti-cutting’ incidents that have both confused and stunned the country.

Read more at: https://www.thequint.com/india/2017/08/04/braid-chopping-incidents-theories

Also read: http://www.rediff.com/news/report/pix-braid-chopping-mystery-deepens/20170804.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest news in 'The Week'....

Hair for sale

4hair.jpg.image.975.568.jpg

Read more at: http://www.theweek.in/content/week/slideshow.slideshow.2017.july.human-hair.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Two new instances reported today.

One two youngsters [brothers] cutting braid of their sister couple of years older. Girl around 14years.

Some talk of tantriks telling their followers to do this for their welfare.

Police are playing it down.

Interestingly no FIRs registered anywhere so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back