• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Mysterious Bhimkund

Bhimkund is located near Bajna village in Chhatarpur district of Madhya Pradesh and is 77 kms away from the district headquarters. The water of this tank is fully transparent. From local administration to scientists to the Discovery channel, all failed to gauge the depth of this Bhimkund. Another interesting fact about Bhimkund that it warns of future catastrophes. Its water level increased at the time of Gujarat and Nepal earthquake and Sunami. Usually, a dead body floats in the water but in Bheemkund the dead body disappears and never floats.

The water of the Bhimkund is so clean and transparent that one can clearly see fish swimming in the water. The Bhimkund lies in a cave, about 3 metres from the mouth. To the left of the entrance is a small Shivalinga. The pool is a deep indigo blue which contrasts with the red stone walls.

The story behind the formation of this Bheemkund is related to the time of Mahabharata when Bheem created this Kund as Pandavas were thirsty. This was created when Pandavas were in exile (hiding).

All attempts to measure its depth failed. When a camera was lowered to a depth of 200 feet, a heavy undercurrent of water was observed.

This Bheemkund has sent warning signals against Sea disasters, however, there is no relation of the Kund with the Sea.

Have a refreshing bath or swim in the waters of the Bhimkund. Be very careful if you are not a good swimmer.

I have seen these Youtube videos. I am planning a trip to Bhimkund sometime next year.
I am also trying to ascertain whether there are any temples/places of interest within a
radius of 100 kms or on the route from Chennai to Chattarpur so that I can spend a week
or more.

Latest ads

Back