• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Spiritual Journey

Renuka,

Indian philosophers including Sankara did not dismiss physical reality. So in physical reality self assumes importance and hence positive projection of self is fine as long as it is objective.

Too much denigration of physical reality by many scholars has created a wrong impression about projection of self.
Name me one verse where Shankara projected himself?

Only time where he tried to establish himself was the Chandala episode and he himself finally gave up the feeling of bodily identification and composed Manisha Panchakam.

Nirguna Brahman is beyond the scope of anyone to decipher.
So dividing it into two is totally out of the question.

All division is only possible with Saguna Brahman.
Saguna is in the shristi- stithi-laya format.

Maya too is something none of us can decipher.

If Brahman is Fire, then Maya is its Burning nature of heat.

Beyond that its not possible to know.

Nasadiya Shukta does end with " He who surveys the higher heavens, does He know or does He know not"

That Shukta is even doubting if Saguna Brahman even knows about Nirguna Brahman.

So I guess beyond being in sync is a state none of us know.
Nirguna brahman and maya I agree are inscrutable. But certain logical conclusions can be reached based on what is said about them. I am trying to piece them together in a non contradictory way while retaining the essence.

Nirguna brahman and maya I agree are inscrutable. But certain logical conclusions can be reached based on what is said about them. I am trying to piece them together in a non contradictory way while retaining the essence.
For me thats not where I want to venture.

Name me one verse where Shankara projected himself?

Only time where he tried to establish himself was the Chandala episode and he himself finally gave up the feeling of bodily identification and composed Manisha Panchakam.
No he did not do it in a intrusive way. But he was trying to establish his logic which is fine because he was doing that for objective reasons and not for ego gratification.

No he did not do it in a intrusive way. But he was trying to establish his logic which is fine because he was doing that for objective reasons and not for ego gratification.
Sravna, i feel if you could just drop the idea of your"self" then I guess you would be totally in sync.

Sravna, i feel if you could just drop the idea of your"self" then I guess you would be totally in sync.
No Renuka I want fight this idea of self denigration. True spirituality is not complete without self. Just as a holistic view and an analytic view are both important so also self respect in the same way as respect for others. Otherwise you tend to lose balance.

The first step towards order in the world is to recognise there is severe imbalance and that imbalance is universal. That I think is would be a tall order. Very tall order. Ego runs extremely high among the west and in general among the wealthy and the powerful.

Due to limitations on time I will not be able to respond anymore Renuka. I am sorry. I hope you have gained some insights about my experiences. If time permits I will get back later. Thanks for your very interesting and enlightening engagement.

No Renuka I want fight this idea of self denigration. True spirituality is not complete without self. Just as a holistic view and an analytic view are both important so also self respect in the same way as respect for others. Otherwise you tend to lose balance.
What is the self, is it the body or the atma. There is the story of ramana maharshi. The young venkatraman was engulfed with fear that he is going to die. Unable to bear it any more he goes into one of the room in his home and close it. He lay down on the floor pretending to be dead. Then he started feeling this is my head. This is my eyes, ears nose, neck, chest, this is my hands and legs. Suddenly it struck him this is my head hands, legs, etc, but then who am I, I am not this body. At that very moment he decided leave home to thiruvannamalai seeking the truth.

I would like to say something about Kundalini Shakthi here. It is indeed a very powerful force that has the potential to totally transform self. Typically it is awakened and begins to rise as spiritual awakening happens. For me it rose spontaneously and so the assumption is mind and soul are already evolved. It was only the timing that had to happen.

It took the longest to go past the anahata chakra where the most resistance was there. But somehow it came down again. I have the feeling it can rise anytime and open all the chakras very fast.

What pushed the kundalini up was the energy from the mind. I think it is pacing the rise of kundalini very well. It seems to me for some reason it is waiting for the right time to open all the chakras. I can sense there is a higher purpose in all this.

In addition to trying to push the kundalini up the energy is also working on the body. The modus operandi is still not clear. But it is obvious the energy is working towards the goal of making the body transcend all the physical forces so that only my thoughts control my body.

I would like to say something about Kundalini Shakthi here. It is indeed a very powerful force that has the potential to totally transform self. Typically it is awakened and begins to rise as spiritual awakening happens. For me it rose spontaneously and so the assumption is mind and soul are already evolved. It was only the timing that had to happen.

It took the longest to go past the anahata chakra where the most resistance was there. But somehow it came down again. I have the feeling it can rise anytime and open all the chakras very fast.

What pushed the kundalini up was the energy from the mind. I think it is pacing the rise of kundalini very well. It seems to me for some reason it is waiting for the right time to open all the chakras. I can sense there is a higher purpose in all this.
Well, you may say the mind is " evolved" but the soul doesnt evolve or devolve.
The soul is as pure as it always was.

Btw becareful of the Anahata.
Some gurujis say it can affect the mental state.

I am not pushing now though i tried that earlier. I mentioned that spiritual energy of the body is also increasing. As a result the negativity in the body decreases. When that happens kundalini automatically rises. So it seems kundalini brings in positivity. I see increase in beauty, quality of consciousness, bliss and other positive things happening when it gets past Anahata.

As kundalini rises higher and opens chakras especially Anahata and above is when positive feelings happen. It seems courage is at the level of manipura, compassion at the level of Anahata and beyond that unification of qualities begin to happen. For example compassion inheres in courage and so on. The experience of stillness indicates that

Body on the cusp of physical and spiritual reality. Once it enters spiritual reality proper, as I said it will be free of all the physical forces and only under the control of my mind.

Body on the cusp of physical and spiritual reality. Once it enters spiritual reality proper, as I said it will be free of all the physical forces and only under the control of my mind.
Is there only just physical and spiritual reality?
What if there are many dimensions we dont even know of?

Dear Sravna,

Taken from Khamsata 'Ashara Maktooban of Sheikh Abd al- Qadir al - Jilani( born 1077CE)
He explained spiritual illumination and linked it with Quranic verses.

" O' dear one!

When the suns of spiritual knowledge rise from their rising points in the skies of the innermost beings, the lands of the hearts will be illuminated by the light of :

And the earth shall shine with the light of its Lord( Quran 39:69)

------ and the covers of ignorance will be removed from the insights of the intellects by the kohl of :

So We removed your veil from you.( Quran 50:22)

The eyes of the inner senses of understanding will be bewildered by directly witnessing the flashes the lights of holiness.
--- and the passing thoughts will be amazed by the revelation of the wonders of the secrets of the spiritual world.

Is there only just physical and spiritual reality?
What if there are many dimensions we dont even know of?
My answer to this I think we will sure of our knowledge once the physical energies are transcended. I am already moving towards that certainty.

My answer to this I think we will sure of our knowledge once the physical energies are transcended. I am already moving towards that certainty.
Also spiritual realm is where dimensions are transcended. Experience of perfect stillness.

Some of the superpowers I envisage after the body getting into spiritual reality are

Teleportation
Time travel
Invisibility
Psychokinesis
Walking through physical obstructions
Mind reading
Being at different places at the same time
Being at different times simultaneously
Materialising and de-materializing
Thoughts instantly enacted
Etc etc

Latest ads