• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Spiritual Journey

Renuka,

Some of what happened was already shared by me before. I will recap.

I have been seeing this spontaneous increase of spiritual energy in the body for the past 15 years. I believe the source is mind which I believe is merged with my soul. Otherwise this spontaneity is difficult to explain.

Some very dramatic event happened in my life which shook me terribly. But I was able to handle it with equipoise soon thanks to the spirituality. There is a personal task I have given myself once the spirituality consummates which is related to the event and the accomplishment of which will shake the world and pave the way for my entry into public life.

The next objective of using my spiritual capabilities for public good will then start in right earnest.

I will update as I clearly see the next steps.

You are free to ask questions.

Renuka,

I have been seeing this spontaneous increase of spiritual energy in the body for the past 15 years. I believe the source is mind which I believe is merged with my soul. Otherwise this spontaneity is difficult to explain.

Some very dramatic event happened in my life which shook me terribly. But I was able to handle it with equipoise soon thanks to the spirituality. There is a personal task I have given myself once the spirituality consummates which is related to the event and the accomplishment of which will shake the world and pave the way for my entry into public life.

The next objective of using my spiritual capabilities for public good will then start in right earnest.

Before I reply..I would like to bring to the kind attention of members that this is the Chit Chat section and there would be an ongoing Q and A as the topic is an interesting one.
In most of Sravna's threads I do participate actively and most other members do not participate as much..so this thread might actually look like an online chat session and it should not really be any issue as everything is per forum rules.

Last edited:
Renuka,

I have read about most people having a cognitive or paradigm shift before a total system update happens and one turns spiritual.

For some it could have been devastating and watching everything crumble only to be put on a path for growth.

But there is one thing I need to ask you.
For most people who undergo this change, they usually lead very low key lives after their spiritual experience, they seldom go high profile.

Sometimes during the spiritual transformation, some do experiences bursts in energy levels ..some gain siddhi powers..but these stages are actually the distracting ones..
Its at this stage one feels like transforming the world and its best avoided till one is fully in the state of balance..

So why do you feel you need to transform the world?
What if you are still in the metamorphosis and you drag yourself down by indulging in transforming the world actions?

Just to add, the mind doesnt merge with the soul.
The mind just lost its agitating waves and is as calm as a sea sans waves hence clarity to perceive anything " as it is" and " in the Eternal NOW" would be witnessed.

Dear Renuka,

Thanks for putting things in perspective in your introductory post.

At the outset I would like to make a point which would make many things clear. My spirituality is not just at the mind and soul level. It is now very much pervading the body which is a crucial difference from classic spiritual experiences. Typically a truly spiritual person keeps a low profile unless he is a guru.

I believe typically spirituality stops at the level of mind and soul. There is of course spirituality in the body but rarely consummates in the body. That would mean totally free of the effects of all physical forces or any physical affliction of the body. This included effects of gravity, electromagnetic energy etc . Only ones thoughts can control thr body. But that is where I am almost now.

Another consequence of the above is that the spirituality of the body makes you to feel to act. It is just not preaching. You want to act. The capabilities of the body which makes it immune to effects of any force fits well with the purpose.

I will stop here and let you ask further questions before I proceed.

Do you feel time?
Right now yes. But sometimes when the spiritual energy increases considerably in the brain the consciousness experience is totally different. There is that stillness experience. So far it has been a temporary phenomenon but I think it will become permanent.

You wrote that the spirituality of the body makes you feel to act, isnt it just Be and witness and not want to act?

Body is related to action but in reality also that's how it seems to work. The energy generated prompts you to act in a particular way. I have felt them.

For example let's take courage. Energy of a particular wavelength which pertains to courage pervades the body. You spontaneously act courageously. The person in front of me seems to sense that energy and is deterred.

Additionally in my case since I have telepathic ability I can focus that energy onto anyone at any distance and the same deterrent effect will happen. And I can focus on any number of persons and even without knowing them.

The ultimate beauty is that it can happen subconsciously also.

For example let's take courage. Energy of a particular wavelength which pertains to courage pervades the body. You spontaneously act courageously. The person in front of me seems to sense that energy and is deterred.

Additionally in my case since I have telepathic ability I can focus that energy onto anyone at any distance and the same deterrent effect will happen. And I can focus on any number of persons and even without knowing them.

The ultimate beauty is that it can happen subconsciously also.
But its not your call isnt it?
It cant be your free will.

But its not your call isnt it?
It cant be your free will.
Both consciously and subconsciously. So there is free will and also the will of God now. In the culmination of spirituality, conscious and the subconscious would merge. Divine state is reached.

I also believe there is no free will separate from the will of God. You can only sync with the will of God and that is free will. If you do not seem to sync with dharma control is taken over by Maya and it makes you act in such a way that you learn lessons which I think manifests through karma. It is my belief when maya takes over the thoughts are ours and the actions are those of maya.

But as you evolve and understand dharma you sync with the will of God and can call it free will and free action.

The above is a simplification.

Last edited:
I also believe there is no free will separate from the will of God. You can only sync with the will of God and that is free will. If you do not seem to sync with dharma control is taken over by Maya and it makes you act in such a way that you learn lessons which I think manifests through karma. It is my belief when maya takes over the thoughts are ours and the actions are those of maya.

But as you evolve and understand dharma you sync with the will of God and can call it free will and free action.

The above is a simplification.
About the sync, thats what Gita is all about ...Surrender to the Divine will and be merely an instrument.

So technically there is no " free will" cos you are not the doer here.

Btw Sravna, to remain in the state of " sync" there should be some sadhana/ spiritual practices isnt it?

So what are the spiritual practices you do to maintain this " sync"?

The most fundamental way to practice spirituality is to treat others as you treat self. Self and others are equally important. If you are able to do that you are one with God. Personally I am blessed by God to have that inclination naturally and do not try to do it consciously. It is spontaneous as it is with most of my practices.

The most fundamental way to practice spirituality is to treat others as you treat self. Self and others are equally important. If you are able to do that you are one with God. Personally I am blessed by God to have that inclination naturally and do not try to do it consciously. It is spontaneous as it is with most of my practices.
I tend to see many people used the word " I am blessed" very often.
When I used to be on Social media I have seen so many Hindu pages where people keep saying " I am blessed! i am blessed"

If one adheres to Karma theory then one knows that God blesses no one nor does He curse anyone.

Its just all our own actions that determines our state of alignment with God.
Krishna Himself has stated that the mind is the best friend or the worst enemy.

So I really dont get it why keep saying we are blessed?
Why not say " All praises be to God" that we managed to preform conducive actions to be in the state of sync.
That way we right away do not indulge in self praise as it still comea under Shat ripu( 6 enemies) as in Spiritual Mada.

I do understand that you do not say you are blessed with pride but why take the risk.
Cos once Spiritual Mada sets in we stand a risk of losing the sync.

In Islam, self praise is not encouraged as it can take you away from the straight path and also to be a constant reminder that any blessed state can drastically change for the worse.
Hence only Alhamdullilah is said( Praise be to God)

In Hinduism too its the same..we only praise God and not self.

Even Namah means Not me.

Renuka,

It is all in the state of mind. Too much should not be read into the words used. Words have a limitation in conveying intention and can easily be misinterpreted. That is the reason a big picture grasp is important.

You are right though. Pride is one of the enemies of mind. The goal is to rise above all of them. So the way I interpret mind being an enemy is when it is under the control of its enemies.

But I think there is some component of mind may be the intellect which can be empowered to fight the enemies.

The fact is I never myself did that. It was already there.

Last edited:
One relevant point I would like to make here. When we take the idea that self praise is to be avoided to the extreme is when hypocrisy creeps in. It is undesirable too. So I would advocate balance in projecting yourself. As long as the mind is in balance it is fine.

Renuka,

During the course of the whole process I figured out that even nirguna brahman has two forces inhering in It but the experience is a whole. That there are two forces is evident from its projection as saguna brahman and maya.

Maya does NOT signify ignorance but one that imparts knowledge in a step by step way across space and time. Everyone is both saguna brahman and maya in parts. The unifying nature of saguna brahman is used to see the maya imparted experiences as a whole.

Nirguna brahman so has two aspects. One is analytic and the other holistic. But each can see the other too. It is like someone who gets an intuition but is also able to spell out the logic immediately and similarly someone who analyses a problem and gets the big picture immediately. In essence one is equivalent to the other and exists as one experience of nirguna brahman.

Makes sense?

But what perplexed me was that we do not associate analytic nature with women and vice versa. Women are generally thought to be nurturing and more holistic.

Then this idea hit me. In the physical reality women are holistic and men are analytic. It is similar to left brain controlling right parts and vice versa. The reason for this is that the feminine and male aspects are ultimately equivalent and to reflect this equivalence complementary roles are taken in physical reality.

One relevant point I would like to make here. When we take the idea that self praise is to be avoided to the extreme is when hypocrisy creeps in. It is undesirable too. So I would advocate balance in projecting yourself. As long as the mind is in balance it is fine.
Why think of even self praise as in a moderate stance?
Why project self too?
Spirituality has no place for self projection or self praise nor self blame or self depreciation.

But what perplexed me was that we do not associate analytic nature with women and vice versa. Women are generally thought to be nurturing and more holistic.

Then this idea hit me. In the physical reality women are holistic and men are analytic. It is similar to left brain controlling right parts and vice versa. The reason for this is that the feminine and male aspects are ultimately equivalent and to reflect this equivalence complementary roles are taken in physical reality.
Its because most of the while men do not want to think a woman is analytical in nature.

All my life almost everyone told me that I think like a man just because I am analytical.
Even those reading my Sanskrit page used to think that I am a man , one person thought my writing
lacked emotions that comes with a woman.

This again is because of cultural conditioning that a man should be like this and a woman should be like that.

But I dont agree that I think like a man.
Everyone has both feminine and masculine in ourselves and one might dominate but in the state of balance one is neither masculine nor feminine and analytical ability will function in holistic mode.

Last edited:
Renuka,

During the course of the whole process I figured out that even nirguna brahman has two forces inhering in It but the experience is a whole. That there are two forces is evident from its projection as saguna brahman and maya.

Maya does NOT signify ignorance but one that imparts knowledge in a step by step way across space and time. Everyone is both saguna brahman and maya in parts. The unifying nature of saguna brahman is used to see the maya imparted experiences as a whole.

Nirguna brahman so has two aspects. One is analytic and the other holistic. But each can see the other too. It is like someone who gets an intuition but is also able to spell out the logic immediately and similarly someone who analyses a problem and gets the big picture immediately. In essence one is equivalent to the other and exists as one experience of nirguna brahman.

Makes sense?
Nirguna Brahman is beyond the scope of anyone to decipher.
So dividing it into two is totally out of the question.

All division is only possible with Saguna Brahman.
Saguna is in the shristi- stithi-laya format.

Maya too is something none of us can decipher.

If Brahman is Fire, then Maya is its Burning nature of heat.

Beyond that its not possible to know.

Nasadiya Shukta does end with " He who surveys the higher heavens, does He know or does He know not"

That Shukta is even doubting if Saguna Brahman even knows about Nirguna Brahman.

So I guess beyond being in sync is a state none of us know.

Why think of even self praise as in a moderate stance?
Why project self too?
Spirituality has no place for self projection or self praise nor self blame or self depreciation.
Renuka,

Indian philosophers including Sankara did not dismiss physical reality. So in physical reality self assumes importance and hence positive projection of self is fine as long as it is objective.

Too much denigration of physical reality by many scholars has created a wrong impression about projection of self.

Latest ads

Back