• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Husbands Chithappa Son Passed away. Do we have 1 year Theetu?

If your husband's chithappa is related through his father and not his mother (i.e. younger brother of your father in law), then you have 1 year theetu as the chithappa's son is a Thayathee. Ayush homam can be performed during this time, however, any pondugal or samarardhanai combined with that ayush homom cannot be done.

Trust that helps.

If your husband's chithappa is related through his father and not his mother (i.e. younger brother of your father in law), then you have 1 year theetu as the chithappa's son is a Thayathee. Ayush homam can be performed during this time, however, any pondugal or samarardhanai combined with that ayush homom cannot be done.

Trust that helps.
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your reply. I made a mistake while asking you a doubt. It is not my husband's chithappa son. It's my father in law's chithappa son. So, in this case do we still have theetu for 1 year.

Please remember that it is a local tradition. In north India even among the orthodox family does not practice Theetu for all these relatives.

Actually speaking we should mourn every person dying, or celebrate the end of life as it is the beginning of a new life.

Because all human beings are connected (some you may know and others you might not know) so we should either have 360 days of theetu or none.

When a close family member or friend dies we do have some emotional connection, so there is nothing wrong if we mourn the death, that is human, so to take off few days from your normal life is acceptable.

The condition imposed by society is laughable at best.

My friend's father passed away 3 days before the friend's wedding. The father had insisted that marriage must go on. The vadyar agreed and marriage was performed.

I am not a traditionalist, I think rituals were created for a purpose if the purpose or circumstances has changed, the ritual too must change.

Actually speaking we should mourn every person dying, or celebrate the end of life as it is the beginning of a new life.

Because all human beings are connected (some you may know and others you might not know) so we should either have 360 days of theetu or none.

When a close family member or friend dies we do have some emotional connection, so there is nothing wrong if we mourn the death, that is human, so to take off few days from your normal life is acceptable.

The condition imposed by society is laughable at best.

My friend's father passed away 3 days before the friend's wedding. The father had insisted that marriage must go on. The vadyar agreed and marriage was performed.

I am not a traditionalist, I think rituals were created for a purpose if the purpose or circumstances has changed, the ritual too must change.

Argumentative post , with sentences like the one that I made bold above are not acceptable in this Ritual section. Here people seek expert opinions and non-experts can take their opinion and air them in the chit - chat section. The bold line is disrespectful to believers

I think Mr Goplan and others have answered the question posed in Post 1.

Argumentative post , with sentences like the one that I made bold above are not acceptable in this Ritual section. Here people seek expert opinions and non-experts can take their opinion and air them in the chit - chat section. The bold line is disrespectful to believers

I think Mr Goplan and others have answered the question posed in Post 1.

So a-TB is now style police?
My post was in no way disrespectful, it presented an alternative view.
If you have something to add to the thread do so, but you have no constructive post ever, other than chasing people personally you have not contributed anything to the site.
You have personal opinion take it to PM, and I can better answer you.

Tradition often links such Thithi observances to Gothram. Scientifically one should look at the blood relationship. My daughter might transition to some other Gothram after marriage, but she carries my genes and so will my grandchildren born through her. It is naïve to say that changing the Gothram cuts off relationship. One of my friends, during taking Sangalpam for a function, would include only his son and daughter-in-law and not his married daughter. This apart, emotional considerations should also play a part. I might skip celebrations for a year on the death of a close friend, although he/ she might not be related to me in any way.

Prasad - this section is not for someone to air their personal opinion if a specific tradition or ritual makes sense, or silly or laughable. To me your ignorance is laughable, but that will be rude if I say that. Trying to put a rational analysis to rituals and customs may not work all the time. Rituals have a different purpose. The question asked by OP was adequately answered by others.

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your reply. I made a mistake while asking you a doubt. It is not my husband's chithappa son. It's my father in law's chithappa son. So, in this case do we still have theetu for 1 year.

The same case is with me also now. Father-in-law’s peripa’s son. Do I have 1 year theetu? Can we do ayushomam for my son within this 1 year? I didn’t get the conclusion of this post..

sir, upto seven generations ten days theetu is there. from 8th generation three days theetu. you can do Aayush homam after one year at the birth star day. we have to do every month ayush homam from first year to second year.

sir, upto seven generations ten days theetu is there. from 8th generation three days theetu. you can do Aayush homam after one year at the birth star day. we have to do every month ayush homam from first year to second year.
Thank you! So that means I can celebrate all festivals this 1 year too? Also I didn’t understand what you meant by saying every month ayushomam from first year to second year.

Latest ads

Back