• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Elder brother Varushabthikam on Sep., 29th, 2021.

Last year on 9.10.20 evening 4.30 hrs my Elder brother expired in my native place. where he was living separately. As his only son was in abroad Newzealand, and could not come and do the last rites, I have performed it the first two days karyams. Later he came on 8th day and as he has been earlier done with Upanayanam, he performed with Dharbay samskaram and continued the 10th, 11th, 12th day Karyams and Subha Sweekaram in the house where my brother lived and expired. My Elder brother's son left to Newzealand and as Suba sweekaram was over in our house for my second son alliance was fixed and marriage was scheduled on 8th Dec 2021.

Now the boy is unable to come for his father's Varushabdhikam and to perform along with left over 27th 45th, 6th month Masiyam Sodhakumbam, OOna masiyam on 26th Sep., 28th Sodhakumbam, 29th Varushabdhika srartham and 30th Navagraha Homam

Manni would like to conduct these in our house where my mother 90 years and also sister 63 years are living, with me, a younger brother performing all the Masiyam , Sothakumbam, Srartham and finally Navagraha Homam in stead of her son as he not able to come to India due to Covid situation there.

Would like to know from the Senior members regarding on this subject as below
1. All the above rituals only to be done by his son only, and when he comes later with Prayachiththartham only. If it is to be performed preferably on the Scheduled Varushabdhikam with some alternative.
2.. Whether I can perform all the above rituals for Varushabdhigam instead of my elder brother's son
3. As my son's marriage is planned in December, prior to only father's Sratham only can be performed and brother's Varushabdhigam rituals not to be performed and not even to be participated in the Varushabdhikam

I would be much thankful to know your advice on this as I am very much in dilemma, perplexed with different opinions.

Thanking you again.
S. Sivaraman, Mob 8553089687
[email protected]

Last year on 9.10.20 evening 4.30 hrs my Elder brother expired in my native place. where he was living separately. As his only son was in abroad Newzealand, and could not come and do the last rites, I have performed it the first two days karyams. Later he came on 8th day and as he has been earlier done with Upanayanam, he performed with Dharbay samskaram and continued the 10th, 11th, 12th day Karyams and Subha Sweekaram in the house where my brother lived and expired. My Elder brother's son left to Newzealand and as Suba sweekaram was over in our house for my second son alliance was fixed and marriage was scheduled on 8th Dec 2021.

Now the boy is unable to come for his father's Varushabdhikam and to perform along with left over 27th 45th, 6th month Masiyam Sodhakumbam, OOna masiyam on 26th Sep., 28th Sodhakumbam, 29th Varushabdhika srartham and 30th Navagraha Homam

Manni would like to conduct these in our house where my mother 90 years and also sister 63 years are living, with me, a younger brother performing all the Masiyam , Sothakumbam, Srartham and finally Navagraha Homam in stead of her son as he not able to come to India due to Covid situation there.

Would like to know from the Senior members regarding on this subject as below
1. All the above rituals only to be done by his son only, and when he comes later with Prayachiththartham only. If it is to be performed preferably on the Scheduled Varushabdhikam with some alternative.
2.. Whether I can perform all the above rituals for Varushabdhigam instead of my elder brother's son
3. As my son's marriage is planned in December, prior to only father's Sratham only can be performed and brother's Varushabdhigam rituals not to be performed and not even to be participated in the Varushabdhikam

I would be much thankful to know your advice on this as I am very much in dilemma, perplexed with different opinions.

Thanking you again.
S. Sivaraman, Mob 8553089687
[email protected]
It will be better if you contact Sankaracharya Mat at Kanchi - They have a website. What you need is both a scholar and he being a Priest. They always have exceptions to normal rules as these things had happend in hisorical time too.
http://www.kamakoti.org
Also, do you follow Kanchi or Sringeri Mutt?
Another way is for him to contact some one in Singapore, Malysia or Australia through temples. There must be a way. Your dedication is sincere.

கொள்ளி can be put by any nearer and so you have done it. Since the karyam has been done by his son these masikams and varushabdhikam only he has to do and it can be done in new zealand too. Otherwise if it has to be done in India only it has to be postponed but it is better to be done at his place. You are not authorised to do the same at any cost.

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back