• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mumbai Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too was wondering why the attacks (or post-attacks) at CST station, Leopolds Cafe and Cama Hospital were not covered by the media sufficiently.

The answer I got was the victims in Nariman House and Taj, Oberoi and Trident Hotels were all either foreigners (from different countries) or High Networth Indian Individuals. That shows the bias of the media. An average Indian citizen's life is not
so valuable, after all!

Dear Sri pannvalan Ji,

If you have not already read it, I would recommend a recent book on India - 'In Spite of the Gods' by one Edward Luce, the one time Financial Times correspondent in India. In this book, he clearly shows how the privileged in India gain both their power and wealth on the backs of our poor.

A society that was divided in to Varnas and Castes to mainly take care of the lives of the most disadvantaged in our society, today uses the same system to benefit its most advantaged, and this has started a while ago. Who can forget these Maharajas wasting their money in Europe like the modern day sheikhs do, while their subjects toiled in poverty under the beating sun to pay to their coffers?

Unfortunately, India today, in my opinion is a vulgar country. No concern for a fellow human being, no concern about other lives in a true humanitarian sense. This attitude colors every day life: from people jumping the queues, grabbing a seat in a train trampling others, throwing ones garbage in to a neighbours house or on to a street and defecating everywhere.

Except for family and friends, we do not care for others. We still have the clan mentality.

Regards,
KRS

I too was wondering why the attacks (or post-attacks) at CST station, Leopolds Cafe and Cama Hospital were not covered by the media sufficiently.

The answer I got was the victims in Nariman House and Taj, Oberoi and Trident Hotels were all either foreigners (from different countries) or High Networth Indian Individuals. That shows the bias of the media. An average Indian citizen's life is not
so valuable, after all!

Usa

hi all,
Namaskarams... In india there is no human values........in taj and nariman
house/ are main important because many foreigners are involved.
there is no respect for human beings in CST railway station,
because they are all indians.........In assam 8 bomb blasts....... there
is no value of human values............. indians life is very cheap than
foreigners.there are many blasts happened.........many to be happened..
still we never learned.........in USA only one 9/11 and nevere repeated again.
they have respect for human life. here in india ..there there is no respect
for human life.....only money/political power is value than anything.
sorry to say...........india has more population........so we can make
more population......

Regards
tbs

Shri tbs

USA is a great civilisation.I am only reminded of ancient Bharat when people came voluntarily,and there was melting pot culture.USA is smart in reducing legalised immigration but allowing illegal immigration,IMHO.

sb

:)

Shraddha & Saburi that is being displayed by Mumbaikers is awesome.Hats off to those people.All TV news channel was totally covering this here in USA.But Indian Goverment has displayed so much of maturity,instead of jumping to war mode....gosh so much patience & compassion.My only dream is India should expand its resources to villages as well,becoz urban cities are getting clogged.Administration is a huge nightmare,IMHO.

sb

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back