• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Milching Mammals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All

I have a doubt - can anyone throw some light on this ?

The three of the most famous human incarnations - Krishna, he bred cows, Jesus
he bred sheep and Prophet Mohammed he bred camels - all milching mammals.

Going by this logical sequence, Matsya Avataram should have bred marine milching
mammals such as dolphins and whales .

Anybody have any idea on this one ?

Keen to know.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Sri. Anand Manohar, Greetings.

Muhammad did not breed camels. He was doing nothing and married a wealthy business woman. He was not considered as an incarnation. He called himself as a prophet; that too the 'last prophet'.

I don't have the reply to your question though.

Cheers!

Matsya avatara was for a specific purpose ...to recover the Vedas
which were stolen from Brahma's mouth when he was sound asleep by the demon Hayagreeva.

The fish disappeared soon after it mission was accomplished and
did not live for a long period like Krishna 'minding' the cows and calves....
to put it in your words. :rolleyes:

Each of the ten Avatars were for specific purposes.As far as I can see,they represent a rudimentary form of evolution of life. It is a confirmed scientific fact that life evolved from water first to land later.Krishna tended not only cows but also Gopis, but at a very young and tender age.Even as human being, Parasurame had to reclaim a lot of land ( in West Coast). Thus, the relationship between aquatic and terrestrial creatures continued through time.
Regards, Ramanathan.

பரிணாம வளர்ச்சி!

டார்வின் கண்டு அறிந்து சொன்னார்,
உலகில் பரிணாம வளர்ச்சியினை;

பரமன் நமக்குச் செய்தே காட்டினான்,
உலகில் பரிணாம வளர்ச்சியினை!

முன்னர் நீரில் உயிரினம் தோன்றியது;
பின் நீரிலும், நிலத்திலும் வாழ்பவை;

தரையில் வாழ்பவை என உயிரினங்கள்,
தர வரிசைப்படி தோன்றின என்பார்.

மறைகளைக் காப்பதற்கு இறைவன்,
நீரில் வாழும் மீனாய்த் தோன்றினான்.

மந்தர மலையைத் தாங்கிப் பிடிக்க,
நீர், நிலம் வாழும் ஆமை ஆனான்.

பூமியை மீட்டு, முன் போல் நிறுத்த,
பூமியில் வாழும் வராகமானான்.

மிருகமும், மனிதனும் கலந்த ஒரு
உருவமாக நரசிம்மன் ஆனான்.

குறு மனிதனாய் வாமனனாகி, பின்
முழு வடிவில் பரசுராமன், ரகுராமன்,

கண்ணன், பலராமன் என்பவர்களாக,
கண் நிறையும் படி அவதரித்தான்!

அரிய ஆராய்ச்சியால் டார்வின் அறிந்ததை,
புரிய வைத்தான் எளிதாய் நம் இறைவனே!

விஞ்ஞானிகளுக்குள் எல்லாம் மிகப் பெரிய
விஞ்ஞானியும், மெய்ஞானியும் அவன்தானே!

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.
source: <visalramani.wordpress.com>

Dear Raghyji

OK., I withdraw the words 'incarnation' and 'prophet' from my initial post. But Arabs of those days did
little other than tending to camel and eating dates. Much less is spoken / written / elaborated about
the three female deities worshiped then. That is a different matter altogether.

It is the second part that I sought light to be thrown upon i.e., the relationship between milching mammals
and Avaataara Purushas such as even Kanchi Maha Periyava and Ramana Maha Rishi, in recent times.
Go Pooja, Ashwa Pooja, Gaja Pooja and Ushtra [camel] Pooja are still very much in practice - all mammals.
Vaanaras are revered as Hanuman and Bhairava Moorthy needs no introdution. The celestial cow Kamadhenu
also a mammal.

Snakes are worshiped more as a type of Prayaschitam / Pariharam for doshams and birds find reference
as Jatayu and Sarabeshwarar. The Koorma and Varaha Moorthies have shrines in Temples and Temple
premises primarily dedicated to other forms of Maha Vishnu.

Just to re-word it in a different way : If the Almighty appeared to humans in the human form, is it
not possible that same Almighty could have appeared as a marine form to water living beings ?
If this seems a definite possibility, what then would have that incarnation's equation with marine
mammals. I know only of one incarnation of the Almighty in the form of a water living being -
Matsya Avataram and my query was whether anyone could throw any more light on the subject.

Let's not get touchy about whether Jesus was a Messiah or Mohammed was a prophet - that
was never the intended topic of debate / discussion.

Equation between Avataara Purushas and Milching Mammals - the importance/relevance/significance.

I hope this clarifies what my doubt is about.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Sri. Anand, Greetings.

But Arabs of those days did little other than tending to camel and eating dates. Much less is spoken / written / elaborated about the three female deities worshiped then.

No my friend. Arabic is a sensual language. I just searched 'Arabic song' and chose a randon song... listen to that song, please.. no, I don't know the meaning though ...
Cyrine--Law Bass Fi Aini--Best Arabic song- - YouTube
My point is, there must have been many written poems and literatures in those days in Arabia. Remember the library in Alexandria? How was it burned down? How did Nalanda burned down?

I don't really believe in God as in all these avtars etc. So, I don't have any answer for you. Sorry.

Cheers!

If a doubt need so much clarification to be UNDERSTOOD, :dizzy:

how much clarification will be needed to clarify this doubt!!! :faint:

Humans (pagans???) saw God in every living thing...

animals, plants and other human beings.

They worshiped not just mammals which gave

milk, meat, hides and fat but

even the dangerous reptiles as snakes.

That is the connection between man and animals!

Mammals which live by their INSTINCTS are far superior

than man who lives by his questionable intelligence.

dear Mr. A.M!

Where are you??? :bolt:

The Forum is dull without you! :bored:

"Mind it" and come back soon! :bowl:

Dear VR Ji,

As far as I know he wants to be a silent spectator for a while.
I hope he becomes active once again.

AM JI..This is your captain speaking!! You are requested to board TB Forum right now!!

My point is, there must have been many written poems and literatures in those days in Arabia. Remember the library in Alexandria? How was it burned down? How did Nalanda burned down?
Cheers!

Raghy sir, sorry to contradict you but the library of Alexandria was Greek, not Arabic. It predated Muhammad by 700+ years. In fact in those days the Egyptians liked to call themselves Greek (remember Cleopatra, the Greek princess?). Nowadays they like to call themselves Arabic, not to their betterment I am afraid.

On the subject of milching mammals, I have learned that man is the only mammal that drinks milk, or partakes of dairy products in adulthood.

This is quite unnatural, and no doubt is the source of the widely prevalent lactose intolerance.

On the subject of milching mammals, I have learned that man is the only mammal that drinks milk, or partakes of dairy products in adulthood.

This is quite unnatural, and no doubt is the source of the widely prevalent lactose intolerance.

Lactose intolerance is NOT caused by consumption of milk by adults. If one continues to eat or drink a food item they should get used to that food and there should not be any problem is handling it. The enzyme (lactase) that digests lactose depletes as we age and that is the reason we develop lactose intolerance. Northern Europeans and especially Scandinavians use lot of dairy products and they don't have lactose intolerance problem. So it appears lactose intolerance is part genetic and part environmental (ethnicity). The gene to make lactase may have been silenced or mutated as a function of age in specific populations.

Our body does not make vitamin C because we were eating fruits (source of vitamin C) regularly and hence there is no need to make it ourselves. However the gene(s) to make vitamin C is in us but it/they are silenced because of external consumption.

Lactose intolerance is NOT caused by consumption of milk by adults. If one continues to eat or drink a food item they should get used to that food and there should not be any problem is handling it. The enzyme (lactase) that digests lactose depletes as we age and that is the reason we develop lactose intolerance. Northern Europeans and especially Scandinavians use lot of dairy products and they don't have lactose intolerance problem. So it appears lactose intolerance is part genetic and part environmental (ethnicity). The gene to make lactase may have been silenced or mutated as a function of age in specific populations.

Our body does not make vitamin C because we were eating fruits (source of vitamin C) regularly and hence there is no need to make it ourselves. However the gene(s) to make vitamin C is in us but it/they are silenced because of external consumption.

Yes you are right..Lactose Intolerance is seen mainly in oriental races where the primary diet does not really involve dairy products.

It's just logic I feel..what we do not eat as often why should body have enzymes to digest it.
Body will produce enzymes more for what we take in regularly.

Another example is people of Indian genes have a high alcohol tolerance.
Years of gulping down alcohol has made the Indian Liver real super capable of handling alcohol in the blood stream!!

Somehow the Indian body can withstand anything!

Alcohol tolerance in certain populations (i don't know about Indian population in general) is again a matter of ethnicity. The enzyme Liver Alcohol Dehydrogenase (the primary enzyme which starts metabolizing alcohol) is an enzyme with a slow turnover. By that token everybody should get inebriated soon. Not so with some populations. That is because they have a secondary alcohol metabolizing system known as MEOS (microsomal ethanol oxidizing system) in the intestinal mucosa which has a fast turnover. In those populations they can keep on drinking and not get inebriated. Of course the damage to the liver (cirrhosis, necrosis etc) is certain to happen in all populations which consume excess alcohol.

Raghy sir, sorry to contradict you but the library of Alexandria was Greek, not Arabic. It predated Muhammad by 700+ years. In fact in those days the Egyptians liked to call themselves Greek (remember Cleopatra, the Greek princess?). Nowadays they like to call themselves Arabic, not to their betterment I am afraid.

Sri. Biswa, Greetings.

I did not talk about the contents of Alexandria library. It would have contained amoung other languages, Arabic and Sanskrit too. I mentioned about Nalanda library too. Arabic was flourishing before Muhammad too. Persian literature was great too from what the Iranians say. Where ever they set foot after invading various countries, the literature in those countries burned. In Arabia, pre-Islamic literature burned too. That was my point.

Cheers!

News to me. I was under the impression that indians have a very low tolerance level and can't hold drinks as the whites. Perhaps these two are different - short term tolerance and long term resistance. Thanks for the information. It also goes to prove that alcohol was always consumed in enough quantities for the body to develop a defensive mechanism.

Another example is people of Indian genes have a high alcohol tolerance.
Years of gulping down alcohol has made the Indian Liver real super capable of handling alcohol in the blood stream!!

Somehow the Indian body can withstand anything!

News to me. I was under the impression that indians have a very low tolerance level and can't hold drinks as the whites. Perhaps these two are different - short term tolerance and long term resistance. Thanks for the information. It also goes to prove that alcohol was always consumed in enough quantities for the body to develop a defensive mechanism.

Sorry..when I wrote that I was only having Asians in my mind.I know that westerners too have very high tolerance.

But don't mistake what I wrote as a licence to drink..I was only talking about how body adapts but not all adaptations are good by the way.

Dear Anand Ji,

PLEASE COME BACK!! I KNOW YOU ARE IN INVISIBLE MODE..PLEASE EXPOSE YOURSELF!!LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back